• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Daniel: "I don't look at them myself or I'd be on there all day looking at the stuff that's been written about me and the club, a lot of it unfairly may I add, but yes, the club's marketing staff monitor a lot of the unofficial Spurs websites."

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s150/st61168.htm

One of Donna Cullen's usernames one time wasn't very covert. She used to have this weird fetish for Dos Santos as well I remember.

I vaguely remember a bird on here with a fetish for Dos Santos but how do you know that was Donna Cullen?

Firstly I'm not massively pleased with him recently. His comments after the chelsea game were best kept in house, he should have said we played well until the ref robbed us and then our heads went down (which in fairness would have been quite accurate) he should have then torn into the players privately for capitulating.

His comments after the comeback away to Southampton - me mouthing off done them no harm etc were to be honest self serving.

As for him sitting the stands, all game.... What?

But there is a massive contradiction here... To some football is a very complicated game, and Tim is the yts bloke who doesn't know what he is doing.... And when he gets results (which up to this point have bettered Avbs) the response to that is that he is lucky... Or we should beating (insert side) anyway.... But if football is such a complicated tactical game and Tim doesn't know what he is doing, does that not mean that we should be getting beat every week by everyone because the other mangers do know what they are doing... Or are the other managers yts as well is it only the top four managers that are not yts?

The truth is he probably is not up to the job (right now, based on our expectations ) but will make decent manager, because our results under him have been decent.

I vaguely remember a bird on here with a fetish for Dos Santos but how do you know that was Donna Cullen?

I can't remember how she was exposed, but she slipped up on some odds things (saying 'we' instead of 'them' too often or something). IIRC her initials were in her username as well. This was 5 or so years ago.

I can't remember how she was exposed, but she slipped up on some odds things (saying 'we' instead of 'them' too often or something). IIRC her initials were in her username as well. This was 5 or so years ago.

I remember the poster you're referring.

If that's true about the club monitoring the forums then perhaps it's likely that Sherwood does too. If he reads this, please resign Tim, for the good of the club. You have potential to be a good manager in future but let's face it, it's not working out for you and our club, is it? You may as well step down, remove the pressure and then go and find a club more suited to your level of management. Perhaps you can enquire about the Arsenal job, if that's still where your heart is. Feel free to take Naughton with you. But please, most of all, just go!

If that's true about the club monitoring the forums then perhaps it's likely that Sherwood does too. If he reads this, please resign Tim, for the good of the club. You have potential to be a good manager in future but let's face it, it's not working out for you and our club, is it? You may as well step down, remove the pressure and then go and find a club more suited to your level of management. Perhaps you can enquire about the Arsenal job, if that's still where your heart is. Feel free to take Naughton with you. But please, most of all, just go!

:ross::ross::ross:

swindon-map.png

Even if that's the case I find it hard to believe that the club bases any decision on the posts of club supporters on t'internet.

I don't believe for a second they monitor forums like this, they don't give a monkeys what the fans think, in the stadium or anywhere else.

Probably for good reason, most of us are idiots who'd leave the club filing for bankruptcy if Levy left us in charge for a single day.

I think with his attitude as it is, he's brought it on himself somewhat. I wasn't keen on him from the start, but was still willing to back him until his constant mouthing off and bravado.

He's been complete polar opposites in his conduct.

He started with his constant temper tantrums, throwing his gilet about, screaming constantly, his petulance towards Sagna, all in the name of passion. Frankly it was embarrassing, I felt the same embarrassment Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans must feel when Pardew get up to his immature shenanigans.

Now he's sitting up in the stands, with a face on, giving off the impression that he's sulking. The 'I can't effect the game' comment was pathetic, and for a man who had recently called out his players for showing no bottle, him passively sitting up in the stands whilst his team is getting dingdonged was woeful. He showed himself to be not only a coward but also a total hypocrite.

If he had managed to behave somewhat professionally, like 99.9% of other managers are capable of doing, then fans wouldn't be so quick to get on his back. Ultimately his conduct throughout has reflected poorly on himself and, more importantly, poorly on THFC.

In short, he doesn't know what he is doing.

Hi Daniel *waving smiley*

I don't believe for a second they monitor forums like this, they don't give a monkeys what the fans think, in the stadium or anywhere else.

Probably for good reason, most of us are idiots who'd leave the club filing for bankruptcy if Levy left us in charge for a single day.

market research is a key part in any successful business ;)

I think it depends on your definition of "monitor". Given the age we live in, I'm pretty sure there'll be a person at the club whose job includes keeping an eye on social media commentary of Spurs. And this forum certainly comes under that remit. I doubt that person reports directly to Levy and I suspect the only time Levy ever hears from them is when something legally actionable is starting to gain traction on facebook or twitter. The idea that Spurs keeps close track of what's being said about individual players or about the manager by anonymous eejits like myself is probably far-fetched of course. But it's equally silly to suggest they don't keep half an eye on social media trends.

I think what's more interesting is how closely individuals at the club read the forums in their spare time. Players, staff... even Levy maybe... we live in the internet age. People are just as likely to wind down at the end of the day with their iPad as they are with the telly. So if Levy gets bored playing Angry Birds one evening and decides to browse the web, why wouldn't he occasionally check out what fans are saying? If I was in his position, the curiosity alone would force me to visit Spurs twitter feeds and forums every now and then. I wouldn't get obsessed by it or anything. But as something to kill 20 minutes while the rice cooks on a dull Thursday evening... why wouldn't some of the players or staff visit this place (and others like it)?

There was a poster on SC named 'DC Boy' that had an odd posting style.

We had someone on here occasionally posting in the stadium thread that I think could have been Matthew Collecott. Didn't much care for the rather angry and aggressive atmosphere around the place IIRC.

Even if that's the case I find it hard to believe that the club bases any decision on the posts of club supporters on t'internet.

If the club has any sense they would completely ignore the opinions of fans on forums. To be completely frank most fans talk **** most of the time.

These days no multi million pound business can afford not to be in touch with what its customers are thinking....

i'm sure they are, we're not the customers anymore though, not the main ones anyway

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/the-club/partners/

It would be interested to see exactly how much revenue is actually generated by ticket/shirt/other things fans buy sales verses that of sponsorship, player sales etc etc.

My guess is a fairly small percentage, which as you say, makes us no longer key customers in the horrible money driven business world that football has become.

It would be interested to see exactly how much revenue is actually generated by ticket/shirt/other things fans buy sales verses that of sponsorship, player sales etc etc.

My guess is a fairly small percentage, which as you say, makes us no longer key customers in the horrible money driven business world that football has become.

If that's true, why would we need a new stadium? I think match day tickets/shirts/gear/VIP and all the other hoolabaloo surrounding our home matches generate quite a big sum of money, big enough for us to want to invest billions into a new stadium.

Back