• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

I think we agree that Tim is not the answer, and I doubt that he will be here come the new season.... But liverpool's Rodgers experiment has not turned out to badly ... And he was on the end of a couple of thrashings last season.

Tims gone, but I do think with the right coaching staff he will make a decent manager.

The 'experiment' at Liverpool was more necessary because they were starting from a lower base. I don't think they endured any real thrashings last season either btw. Despite our recent performances we have a better SQUAD than them, just no-one to mould our squad/team at present.

Obviously, they have a better chance to press ahead now with CL all but assured, but as long as we get a coach who can manage a SQUAD next season I don't think the gap between the two teams will be that much

Last edited:

I think they did endure some thrashings, I distinctly remember Rodgers saying that there will be more days like this, after one, thought that took big stones of him to say so.

I think they did endure some thrashings, I distinctly remember Rodgers saying that there will be more days like this, after one, thought that took big stones of him to say so.

I think perhaps 3-1s, 4-2s, and the opening day 3-0 vs West Brom away.

I don't remember any 4-nils or 5-ones though

I think perhaps 3-1s, 4-2s, and the opening day 3-0 vs West Brom away.

I don't remember any 4-nils or 5-ones though

Fair play... Not huge difference in that though, excluding performance .... Although watching our 6-0 to city again (don't ask me why) I didn't think we were that bad.... Certainly not 6-0 bad..... And I am no fan of avb

Fair play... Not huge difference in that though, excluding performance .... Although watching our 6-0 to city again (don't ask me why) I didn't think we were that bad.... Certainly not 6-0 bad..... And I am no fan of avb

Yeah the 6-0 was odd in that we indeed didn't play that badly. In fact we had more chances in that game than many of our other canings this season. Lamela had one within a few minutes of their opener iirc

Yeah the 6-0 was odd in that we indeed didn't play that badly. In fact we had more chances in that game than many of our other canings this season. Lamela had one within a few minutes of their opener iirc

Really mate I know you are a fan of AVB and not of Tim's but that is a ridiculous post. We didn't play that badly but we still lost 6-0? It was a better performance than the other canings? You mean like the one against City when were robbed a perfectly good equaliser and had a man wrongly sent off and a penalty wrongly awarded. Or against Chelsea where we matched them 1st half only to be undone by a verts brain fart and again a player wrongly sent off and penalty awarded against us. I know people are ****ed with Tim but this revisionist bull**** with regard to AVB is incredible. Incidentally Tim is not the right man for the job long term I can accept that. But those saying he shouldn't be here past the end of the season interestingly enough were prepared to give AVB indefinite time to "Get it right," despite him being no better.

It really says something about how well TS has played his relationship with Levy if he is still well in the frame to get the job next year. I mean, amazingly ruthless Levy watches the team crash to a multitude of clueless defeats and his faith is unwavering? Even if we say it isn't all TS's fault, I have to wonder why he seemingly gets so much benefit of doubt from the chairman where as more qualified coaches don't.

I think it must be because he knows TS will work to his philosophy of buying young potential and expecting ridiculous targets to be achieved. I wonder how long TS would last before getting as ****ed off as everyone else has with Levy should he get the job next season.

It really says something about how well TS has played his relationship with Levy if he is still well in the frame to get the job next year. I mean, amazingly ruthless Levy watches the team crash to a multitude of clueless defeats and his faith is unwavering? Even if we say it isn't all TS's fault, I have to wonder why he seemingly gets so much benefit of doubt from the chairman where as more qualified coaches don't.

I think it must be because he knows TS will work to his philosophy of buying young potential and expecting ridiculous targets to be achieved. I wonder how long TS would last before getting as ****ed off as everyone else has with Levy should he get the job next season.

I wouldn't believe the press on this mate. Levy is a business man he needs the club to do well to see a return on his investment. Tim has done well but fallen short against the top 4. If history is anything to go by Tim will be gone in the summer when other targets will be available.

it wont happen, TS has already said he wants proven experienced PL players

It's just the old boys' club doing what they do, I wouldn't worry.

The ****rag journos writing these articles are the same ones that realise they might have to start working for a living and writing interesting articles once their pet dinosaurs die out. They know (much like the managers they support) that they are outwitted and outclassed by the new generation of football journalist who is happy to write about the technical side of the game as well as go digging for stories.

They can't just sit around scratching their arses waiting for the summer to roll around so they can do 'Arry's tapping up for him anymore and will do whatever they can to keep the status quo.

i posted an article a few days ago from late 2011 iirc where Sherwood was being mentioned as a Redknapp successor.............people at the club seem to love the guy, how on earth do you think he even got the job this season. As youve said yourself, Levy could have appointed Freund, or even brought back Hoddle for 6 months to steady the ship. But no, Levy chose Sherwood. We can no longer underestimate the influence this cretin has over the corridors of power at WHL.

i posted an article a few days ago from late 2011 iirc where Sherwood was being mentioned as a Redknapp successor.............people at the club seem to love the guy, how on earth do you think he even got the job this season. As youve said yourself, Levy could have appointed Freund, or even brought back Hoddle for 6 months to steady the ship. But no, Levy chose Sherwood. We can no longer underestimate the influence this cretin has over the corridors of power at WHL.

Can we just hope it's an April fool article?

Why do people keep referring to Brendan Rogers and Liverpool? Clearly Rogers isnt useless but:
a) playing one game a week
b) no major injuries
c) having the best striker in the world

What if Spurs had the above 3 luxuries? We would be much higher in the league, would TS then be considered a genius?

Why do people keep referring to Brendan Rogers and Liverpool? Clearly Rogers isnt useless but:
b) no major injuries

What if Spurs had the above 3 luxuries? We would be much higher in the league, would TS then be considered a genius?

He doesn't have the best striker in the world, but he does have two of the best in the Premiership. At this rate, their second best striker will eclipse Ronaldo's strike rate (in per minute terms) from that amazing season he had at Utd.

it wont happen, TS has already said he wants proven experienced PL players

I think we need an element of experience if we are going to try and get some short term success but I also think we'll continue to buy young when we see a deal to be had.

Regardless of the specifics, I think the reason Levy loves Sherwood is because they are aligned in terms of strategy and what they think is best for the club, whether or not they are right or wrong on that I think that's what it is.

b) no major injuries

No because Sherwood hasn't got us playing an agressive, attacking game with a recognised pattern of play. If there were any signs of this or an improvement in our defensive shape then we could start talking up Sherwood. If anything though, we have seen a continuation of what we had in the first half of the season under AVB with the players looking lost, the difference is we have lost more games.

On the plus side Sherwood does believe in blooding the youth players and given our records in the U21 and U18's this year and last he would be right to. Personally I like the idea of bringing the best youth prospects into our first team squad and a lot of them would work for Sherwood, but I think there is a lot of potential in the current first team squad that I don't want to see wasted.

Last edited:

If you had offered Rodgers a higher placed finish in the league last year even though that would mean more than one game a week I still think he would have taken it.

b) no major injuries

Suarez was suspended for the first 5 games and iirc they've went periods with either Sturridge or him missing (but never both at the same time). The fact that Rodgers has been able to manage this and still have them pick up points is a testament to his managerial ability.

We had the best player in the league last season. The difference is our chairman sold him.

If we still had Bale, I don't think TS would have even been in the hot-seat. We wouldn't have sacked AVB.

I think there is a lack of positive vibes personally. Tim came in with the riot act of "this is not good enough" almost trying to get the fans onside and has over time alienated the squad.

Yeh teams need telling and kept on a tight lead but his public acts do nothing for us as a club or team on the pitch.

How much of a factor, if any, will the last 6 games be in whether he stays or not? If we play well and win 4-5 does he get another shot? I never want my team to lose and so I'll be rooting for us all the way. :~

Last edited:
Back