• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

the Tim Sherwood man love thread

if this had been some young foreign manager in a suit, and villa had put in those same top performances, pundits would be going on about an intelligent high pressing game akin to bayern, barcelona etc. but because its sherwood/an english manager, hes just got the players showing more desire than the previous manager did.

good to see that im not the only one going insane and starting to think maybe sherwood might be quite good lol

Did he just pick names out of a hat then? Or Throw darts at a board with the players on it to pick the team??
Fortunately I have little insight into the minds of such people but if I had to guess, it would probably be something like:

"Its easy to have frends if you let pepul laff at you."
Or
"We could live offa the fatta the lan'"
Or maybe even
"Stupid is as stupid does."

Haven't time to lift the list, but remaining 2 Feb fixtures might yield points. 3 in March ought to.

However, if he hasn't got points and a team by then, April will be the month of death away to Manure, us, ManC - home to Burnley looks their only realistic expectation of points.

May is a mixed bag, with 2 current Europa/CL contenders

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/fixtures

points as they turned out

Feb last 2 ........... 0 from 6
Mar .................. 9 from 12
Apr .................. 7 from 15
May ................. 3 from 3 - 9 to play for

Their defeats :- Man U by 2 goals, rest by 1 goal

All very close on points and goal difference, even a rival getting a trouncing might come into play.

Their only 6 pointer is against Burnley, who could overtake them on GD, but will probably be down by then.

Sunderland v Leicester will mean one or both having to drop.

QPR or Burnley play all those around/below Villa.

For me, I think he's almost done it for them. 3 more points from among these with no big defeats may well do it.

H Wet Spam
A Southampton
H Burnley

I was talking more Sherwood with us last season and his antics vs Carver with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and his antics this season

yep, sorry, that wasn't aimed at a reply to your post

I read it and it reminded me that i'd had a bet with a villa supporting mate on them going down, I was checking to the table to see if they were safe so I could pay him tonights if needs be

Think you'll be paying up at some point Gale, got winnable games remaining. Easy 3 on Saturday.

I find him more palatable, less annoying now that he's not our manager.

Think you'll be paying up at some point Gale, got winnable games remaining. Easy 3 on Saturday.

I find him more palatable, less annoying now that he's not our manager.

He hasn't been gobbing off quite as much in recent weeks. I think there's only been one "when I was at Tottenham" article in the last month.

They are safe, he might just be the manager "if you have a quality striker" who just isn't delivering .. Ade & now Benteke

Again, don't like the man, but Villa were down with Lambert, whatever they paid Sherwood, whatever media nonsense, he's earned the club easily 10X that, add in how much more they can ask for Benteke base on last few games, vs. prior ..

The guy is a winner, be interested to see what they do next season. For me between 6-8th is where they will probably finish next season, which in itself would be a great achievement considering where they were when he took over, if he betters that....

The guy is a winner, be interested to see what they do next season. For me between 6-8th is where they will probably finish next season, which in itself would be a great achievement considering where they were when he took over, if he betters that....

You've got this image stuck in my head now of a slightly breezy (yet at the same time warm) Tuesday October evening in Madrid. It's the year 2016 and the Bernabeu is packed to the rafters to watch Real Madrid take on a Aston Villa side led by world renowned tactical mastermind Tim Sherwood. It's going to be a tough game for Aston Villa as they look to stop Madrid's dangerous duo of Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen

Meanwhile the residents of Glory Glory are bickering over whether Spurs were right to sack Pochettino after such a disappointing start to the season. Some are asking whether we could have kept hold of Kane and Eriksen, others arguing the replacements were inadequate and destined to fail and others are already getting prepared for our umpteenth transitional period of this century.

Reactions: DTA

...we'll see on May 30th wont we...;)

extrapolating.png

Back