• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Every time I watch Bale play it feels like we got away with robbing a bank

You are right. He is a fish out of water over there. Mind you Modric looked the same last season and now he's turning in some great performances. Maybe the lesson is it takes a season or so to settle at a new club more times than not (I'm thinking of our own batch of new recruits)

Yeah and he hasn't had a pre season plus is in and out with injuries, but he looks lost out in that position, almost hesitant

Yeah and he hasn't had a pre season plus is in and out with injuries, but he looks lost out in that position, almost hesitant

Some of it I think is that he is not the main man any more and his team mates don't see the need to seek him out to make something happen. Ronaldo is the go to guy as you would expect. So he sees far less of the ball, but even with that his contribution to the games I have seen have been minimal. I'd even go as far as saying he's the worse RM player on the pitch most times. I almost feel sorry for him.

Nope, I'd agree. From the matches I've watched so far Di Maria has looked more useful. Bale did well playing a free roaming role last season, but at Madrid he's expected to stay on that right side and it's killing him. Every time he receives the ball it's on his left foot and he's got to pass it straight back, whereas on the left he would let the ball come across his body and face the opponent.

It was exactly the same for Modric. Last season he was average to poor, he blamed the lack of pre-season etc. This season the Madrid fans are singing his name and he has been on top form. The reality is you have to really give any player coming into a new league a season to get used to it. And I agree, this should be levelled at our signings as well. Of course the odd player hits it off straight away. But its not the norm.

As for Bale. Ronaldo is right footed on the left most of the time. So he needs to learn from him then if he is going to be stuck on the right. I would have thought the point of them two was to have them inter change and move all over rather than be rigidly placed either side of the striker.

I think he's done well when I've watched him to be honest. No pre season, not really had a run of games due to injuries, new league, new players etc, but he's still scored several goals and has several assists to his name too. He hasn't paid off the transfer fee yet, but short of scoring 50 goals and winning everything this season he was never going to achieve that after one year.

Neymar... Oof what a goal. Welcome back. 6-0

Messi scores 2 and now has scored most goals in Spanish football ever (or something like that).

Did not realise how much Luka has stepped up over in Spain. He looks so much better now.

Anyone see the game between Villarreal and Celta last night?

Some dingdonghead threw a tear gas canister on the pitch :x

[video=youtube;Z0XVp3lFvyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0XVp3lFvyY[/video]

[video=youtube;aSVy8jPJVhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSVy8jPJVhk[/video]

Getafe v Madrid, Getafe a Madrid team tiny stadium and the place is empty, no doubt because Real are in town the ticket prices are probably £100 for the cheapest ticket, what happens a lot in La Liga when Barca & Madrid turn up

Getafe v Madrid, Getafe a Madrid team tiny stadium and the place is empty, no doubt because Real are in town the ticket prices are probably £100 for the cheapest ticket, what happens a lot in La Liga when Barca & Madrid turn up

Getafe's stadium always seems to be empty. Saw them twice earlier this season and it was the same.

Rayo, also from the Madrid area, seem to have more of a following.

Getafe's stadium always seems to be empty. Saw them twice earlier this season and it was the same.

Rayo, also from the Madrid area, seem to have more of a following.

I have been watching a lot of european football recently and it amazes me how empty some of the stadiums are, awful atmosphere in them, you would think they would learn from Germany or England and get bums on seats.

Serie A obviously is the league which stands out when it comes to empty seats. Hopefully some of the clubs will be able to raise some revenue to build new smaller stadiums.

Russia also stands out. CSKA Moscow, Rubin Kazan and quite a few more teams get poor crowds. No matter how much money the oligarchs put into the game, it seems that most Russians don't give a damn about the sport.

In Holland, they're not doing badly. Funnily enough, the only side which fails to fill its stadium is Vitesse Arnhem, who are actually doing quite well with their Chelsea loanees (well ok, until the winterbreak. No win in 5 for them)

Back