• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Agree.

As posted last night, let the fans fret over yesterday. The players need to forget the pain, get back on the training pitch then take it out on Palace. The fact we play so quick is good, and it may help we have back-to-back London derbies.

Lets remember a previous semi-final defeat when we followed that with two London derbies and what happened then. Same again please.

The last thing we need to do is fold. A 2nd place finish this season would erase last seasons's failure to do so, but finish 3rd or even 4th this season, and those old thoughts we always be there

Against Arsenal and Chelsea to boot - broke a lot of hoodoos in April 2010. :) But that was so memorable precisely because it was so uncharacteristic of what we are. Since then, we've been more typified by collapses (in 2012 and late, late last year) than we have by hoodoo-breaking runs like that.

Fantastic result for us this afternoon. Double Bubble. Liverpool drop 3pts, Palace as good as safe.

We have to do our bit, which wont be easy, but..we play twice before Liverpool play again.

As we all know Win our next 2 games and we guarantee finishing min 5th, but if Liverpool fail to beat Watford on the Monday night we would be guaranteed a Top 4 finish with 4 games left.

But, all pie in the sky, if we dont do the business on Weds night firstly. Based on recent results this will be much harder than Burnley or Swansea away. Fingers crossed them getting 3pts today might take a little sting out of them

With Liverpool losing and City & United still to play each other, 80 points would now guarantee a top 3 finish.

With Liverpool losing and City & United still to play each other, 80 points would now guarantee a top 3 finish.

That's nine points away, though. Three wins away, or two wins and three draws. Very difficult tally to reach.

78 or so is feasible, imo, and leaves a bit of legroom in terms of possible away losses. What does that get us?

Palace and West ham will be difficult and we will have to be on top of our game the two big home ones against arse and man u are without saying tough then leicester and away to Hull last day of the season who might need to stay up is all going to be tough but if we play to our best we can do it.

That's nine points away, though. Three wins away, or two wins and three draws. Very difficult tally to reach.

78 or so is feasible, imo, and leaves a bit of legroom in terms of possible away losses. What does that get us?

78pts would almost guarantee 4th, barring a massive swing in GD

I'd be desperately disappointed if we can't find 9 points from our last 6 games. I'd actually be disappointed if we didnt take at least 12 points - I'd expect us to win 3 of the 4 games against the non-big teams and at least get a couple draws against Man U and Arse

Palace and West ham will be difficult and we will have to be on top of our game the two big home ones against arse and man u are without saying tough then leicester and away to Hull last day of the season who might need to stay up is all going to be tough but if we play to our best we can do it.

Indeed. And as tough as the are, if we could just win the next two, we could literally fall into the Top4

Please have you seen West Ham play? I couldn't care if it's their cup final and they would run through brick walls, they are rubbish.

fudge me I'm nervous about this all. Finish above the scum and get CL. And a small part of me thinks if they win the cup and keep Arsene it would be good for us. Not sure.

Please have you seen West Ham play? I couldn't care if it's their cup final and they would run through brick walls, they are rubbish.

I know a few Spam fans and where they would usually be upbeat before playing us and fancy their chances just because it's a derby, they are all expecting a total and utter spanking when we meet this time.

Doesn't mean they won't be up for it when the game kicks off.

Oh, believe me, I know that! They'll turn up for the game just because it's us. But I think they'll be just a bit warier than usual. It could still go wrong for us, I never take anything for granted. But it gets very toxic very quickly over there this season and if we can get an early goal then I think the odds will be in our favour.

fudge me I'm nervous about this all. Finish above the scum and get CL. And a small part of me thinks if they win the cup and keep Arsene it would be good for us. Not sure.

I think he stays regardless - would be suicide for them to replace someone with so much responsibility in one hit, he needs to sign on and then gradually relinquish power over the next couple of years.

Either way they'll continue to struggle in the league

WHATEVER happens, this squad and staff have been amazing and surpassed the expectations of many this season. Keep all the players we need and augment with a couple more and we will do even better next season.

Nope, not for me! Granted, my expectations were that we WOULDN'T get top 3, possibly not even top 4 with the likes of Pep, Jose, Conte and the no-Euro factor for Chelsea/Bindippers. But we're not there yet. Not with that run-in. So to say we've surpassed expectations WHATEVER happens is pushing it.

Even before the Semi, i had us down to draw the next 4 league games, blowing top four wide open.
Our run-in is the hardest, made worse by the fact that even our supposed poorer opponents have just hit form at the right time (Palace and Leicester).

Gutted we're playing after Chelsea this week. Would've rather it be the same time. They'll beat Saints, making a 7 point margin again before we kick off a very very tough game away to Palace. Mentally that'll be a massive night.

Back