• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

The point is that all we ever have is these nice little stats - youngest squad, 6th highest wage bill, transfer net spend minimal compared to rivals that quite frankly no one except our fans give two hoots about. I've been reading these sorts of stats about our team for a few years now,and yes we deserve credit for building a very talented squad, but quite frankly I wish people would stop going on about these things because unless we actually win things no one cares.....

I think that people only bring it up because some fans expect instant success and do not recognise how much the deck is stacked against us.

Putting on my rather pessimistic hat, I had us down the draw the next 5 games before beating Hull, fortunately our hefty goal difference will come into play.
Seriously?! And you call yourself a Spurs fan! More likely that we'll crush our next four league opponents, end up top on GD, and then lose to Hull. Possibly with some dodgy lasagne coming into play.

The point is that all we ever have is these nice little stats - youngest squad, 6th highest wage bill, transfer net spend minimal compared to rivals that quite frankly no one except our fans give two hoots about. I've been reading these sorts of stats about our team for a few years now,and yes we deserve credit for building a very talented squad, but quite frankly I wish people would stop going on about these things because unless we actually win things no one cares.....

We care because we know the details and because it's our team.
Some other observers actually do care and admire, despite your dismissive assertion.
But what others think really doesn't matter. It's our team, we love them and can (should?) take satisfaction in these 'nice little stats' as you sneerily call them, on the way to the tangible achievements that no-one can do down.

You're getting to suckered in by what other teams fans are saying. Basically all they have left to say now is 'well you aint won nothing'.

No we haven't but that's because we haven't been good for that long. Not trophy good. We haven't had the squad and that sometimes means we have bailed out on competitions or not had the depth to see things thru and keep our consistency high.

Bur it's a process, and step by step, we are getting there. And against the backdrop of some of those 'little stats' it is quite amazing we are. We have two quite outstanding people at our club making it all happen. They deserve the time and respect to carry out their masterplan.

We are the best team in the country atm....so should be in the mix for trophies.(and are) But i'm not going to give them the hurry-up.

Personally, i want us to win something BUT i still remember the 87 team very fondly (and they won nowt), just because they were a joy to watch,something special.

This team are the same, they will be recognised by winning trophies........but either way i will always remember them.

People get too carried away with the fixtures. Who would have predicted Chelsea losing at home to Palace? Yes we have a tough run in and Chelsea have quite a generous set of fixtures but you play everyone twice. I'd more concerned that Chelsea have a dressing room full of title winners with experience whilst we are in uncharterd territory.

Still think it's a tough ask for us to catch and overtake Chelsea but the next 3 fixtures will give us a much better idea of where the title will end up. We need to cut the gap by at least 1 more point in the next 3 games to stand any chance IMO.

If, and its still a big if, we can we the next two and Everton can avoid defeat at home to Chelsea, the gap is down to 2. The next set of fixtures we bat first, on the Friday night at West Ham with a victory meaning we could go top for 3 days. Shades of West Ham away last season...

Anybody else been tempted into predicting the last 5/6/7 fixtures for the top 6/7 teams respectively?

For me, i counted the title out a few weeks ago when i saw Chelsea's run in. Even with the unexpected slip up against Palace and then United defeat, I really don't see them capitulating when 3 of their final 4 games are home to Boro', Watford and Sunderland!!

I'm still looking down the table rather than up. The title is a push too far imo. It's holding on to that second place spot that looks the tricky thing. Our fixtures are very tricky to call whilst I can see City taking maximum points from their last 6 games. Aside from the Manc derby, their games are more than winnable for them.

Putting on my rather pessimistic hat, I had us down the draw the next 5 games before beating Hull, fortunately our hefty goal difference will come into play.

For what it's worth...

1. Chelsea 91pts (16pts from last 6 games)
2. Emirates Marketing Project 82pts (18pts from 6)
3. SPURS 79pts (8pts from 6 - DDDDDW)
4. Liverpool 79pts (13pts from 5)
-------------------------
5. Arsenal 72pts (15pts from 7)
6. Man Utd 72pts (12pts from 7)
7. Everton 65pts (8pts from 5)

Have you been reading my notes? Almost how I have it. I have us finishing on 79pts in the same pessimistic way and exactly the same results. But in typical Spurs fashion I had us finishing with a record high 79pts and still ending up 4th....with Pool on 81pts and City on 80pts

Anybody else been tempted into predicting the last 5/6/7 fixtures for the top 6/7 teams respectively?

For me, i counted the title out a few weeks ago when i saw Chelsea's run in. Even with the unexpected slip up against Palace and then United defeat, I really don't see them capitulating when 3 of their final 4 games are home to Boro', Watford and Sunderland!!

I'm still looking down the table rather than up. The title is a push too far imo. It's holding on to that second place spot that looks the tricky thing. Our fixtures are very tricky to call whilst I can see City taking maximum points from their last 6 games. Aside from the Manc derby, their games are more than winnable for them.

For what it's worth...

1. Chelsea 91pts (16pts from last 6 games)
2. Emirates Marketing Project 82pts (18pts from 6)
3. SPURS 79pts (8pts from 6 - DDDDDW)
4. Liverpool 79pts (13pts from 5)
5. Arsenal 72pts (15pts from 7)
6. Man Utd 72pts (12pts from 7)
7. Everton 65pts (8pts from 5)

Overly pessimistic about our run-in, I think, but who knows? :p

Here are my predictions;

Chelsea // 75 pts now // 89 points
So'ton (H) 3pt
Everton (A) 1pt
Boro (H) 3pt
WBA (A) 1pt
Watford (H) 3pt
Sunderland (H) 3pt

Chelski might very will win at both Everton and WBA. I do think they will drop points one more time before the end of the season though, but just don't think we'll see a collapse.

Spurs // 71 points // 83 points
Palace (A) 3pt
Scum (H) 3pt
Wet Spam (A) 1pt
ManU (H) 1pt
Leicester (A) 1pt
Hull (A) 3pt

Too many difficult ones for us, in my opinion. Even though we should bulldozer Wet Spam (as we should've last year as well), I reckon it'll be a hard fight being their cup final and all, and we'll draw. Same with in-form Leicester, who will really want to beat us following our little feud from last season. Mourinho could well coax at draw at The Lane, ManU haven't lost in the league for ages. Scum at home could also prove to be very difficult if they manage to drum up the will to win (which they should). It's worth noting that we've struggled a bit away from home this season. Hopefully our current form and the carrot dangling in front of us will get the best out of our away performances as well.

City // 64 points // 80 points
United (H) 1pts
Boro (A) 3pts
Palace (H) 3pts
Leicester (H) 3pts
WBA (H) 3pts
Watford (A) 3pts

Liverpool // 66pts now // 77 points
Palace (H) 1pt
Watford (A) 3pt
So'ton (H) 1pt
Wet Spam (A) 3pt
Boro (H) 3pt

Could well beat all of the remaining teams, but they're just not stable enough, they'll probably stumble a time or two before the end of the season.

ManU // 60 points // 73 points
Burnley (A) 1pt
City (A) 1pt
Swansea (H) 3pt
Scum (A) 3pt
Spurs (A) 1pt
So'ton (A) 1pt
Palace (H) 3pt

Scum // 57 points // 67 points
Leicester (H) 1pt
Spurs (A) 0pt
ManU (H) 1pt
So'ton (A) 1pt
Stoke (A) 3pt
Sunderland (H) 3pt
Everton (H) 1pt

They might pick more points, but judging on current form, I think they will struggle in their coming fixtures.

It should be said that I'm terrible at this stuff, so if you want to see a blueprint for how it isn't going to pan out, look no further! :p

Last edited:
I think that people only bring it up because some fans expect instant success and do not recognise how much the deck is stacked against us.
In some cases you are definitely right. But there's also a distinct change in roosteriness and arrogance of many Spurs fans when we still haven't achieved anything and it's cringeworthy. I'm as proud of this team as anyone, but I'm not going to look down on the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd when even during their apparent 'decline' they've won more than us....

Part of what has been said about those stats seems to pan out though. Expectations of improvement from young players gaining experience. Expectations of inconsistencies that will be more down to form than actual ability. Calls for not spending a lot of money on expensive signings and instead trust our younger players to improve us through Pochettino's work and them just naturally getting better. A continued focus on signing young talented players as it's working out for us in competing with wealthier teams.

I see no reason to stop going on about these things.

In some cases you are definitely right. But there's also a distinct change in roosteriness and arrogance of many Spurs fans when we still haven't achieved anything and it's cringeworthy. I'm as proud of this team as anyone, but I'm not going to look down on the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd when even during their apparent 'decline' they've won more than us....

I been saying it for a while now we need to win a trophy, its all right improving as a team ( and we have been doing for a few years now) the next step is/should be winning something, until we do that they will be pundits and other fans who will not take us serious.

I find Emirates Marketing Project hard to predict. They look like a top attacking team, but absolutely shocking in defence. They could just as easily drop point's in "easy" games as run away by 3-4 goals.

I find Emirates Marketing Project hard to predict. They look like a top attacking team, but absolutely shocking in defence. They could just as easily drop point's in "easy" games as run away by 3-4 goals.

We witnessed both parts of that at the etihad this year. By the time it was all said and done they should have pummelled us

Now we are f-ed; Adrian Durham on TalkSport has set up a poll asking who is more likely to win the double; He himself thinks WE are more likely...

Now we are f-ed; Adrian Durham on TalkSport has set up a poll asking who is more likely to win the double; He himself thinks WE are more likely...

He is a clam just trying to get idiot sound bites for future. One spurs fan will call in like a Muppet and give it loads and all of a sudden "spurs fans" are confident ....

No one noticed that Ibrahimovic has torn his ACL and PCL?? (anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments)

This is definitely him out for the season and who knows for how much more after that (people quoting an entire year out atm). It could possibly destroy UTD or see them setup like they did on the weekend and be revitalised for the rest of the run in.

Thoughts?

No one noticed that Ibrahimovic has torn his ACL and PCL?? (anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments)

This is definitely him out for the season and who knows for how much more after that (people quoting an entire year out atm). It could possibly destroy UTD or see them setup like they did on the weekend and be revitalised for the rest of the run in.

Thoughts?

TBH that maybe him done. Full stop.

Rashford is certainly more mobile than Ibra, but not as street smart. A canny defender will be able to nullify him.
Ibra is more a loss than they think.

Back