• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Exactly, 4th & FA Cup semi-final would have been success at the start of this season, anything more than that is a bonus.

For two years, we have been genuinely the only team keeping pressure on the league leader consistently, despite as @galeforce said, starting the year with no one having us in the 4 horse race.

Don't fall for the brick narrative, if Spurs make the cup final and finish 2nd, Poch is a legend, if Spurs won the double, that would easily surpass Leicester's achievement, because we aren't here because it is a freak season, we are here on merit against 4 or 5 of the top managers in world football who started in a better place and have significantly outspent us.

Leicester have had a much higher net transfer spend than us over the last 5 years too

http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-clubs-transfers-net-spend-last-5-years/

if we won the league the only parallel I can think of is Derby County in 71

I'd say the cup is irrelevant too, it's what we've done in the league against better resourced organisations that sets us apart

last year we got stick for finishing third in a two horse race despite us not being in the 4 horse race it started as

Sorry, but as mentioned yesterday (and its not a dig at you, its at the people that invented this fallacy).

We came 2nd in the 2-horse race we were in, Leciester came won that race
We came 3rd in the 20-horse race we were all in.
You cant come 3rd in 2-horse race.

Sorry, but as mentioned yesterday (and its not a dig at you, its at the people that invented this fallacy).

We came 2nd in the 2-horse race we were in, Leciester came won that race
We came 3rd in the 20-horse race we were all in.
You cant come 3rd in 2-horse race.

the point being we were criticised heavily whereas the clubs who actually spent more than leicester were not mentioned

the narrative of last seasons PL was "ha ha, look at Spurs, they've fudged it up again" when in reality our third place was probably a stronger return on investment than leicesters first

if you want to be that accurate about it it was not a two horse race either as the weight and conditions for us and leicester were not the same

it's not a horse race so the analogy will only stretch so far

also, arsenal getting ahead of us into second was seen as some kind of triumph for arsenal when they should have finished 15/20 points ahead of leicester and us to justify the wage differential

the narrative was skewed

I'm thinking that if we happen to lose to Chelski in the semi, it might be a blessing in disguise. We tend to go on winning runs after such losses and it just might give Chelsea a false sense of security in their remaining games, which could lead to slip ups. Beat them in the semi and all their focus and concentration will be on the league. Not saying we shouldn't beat them in the semi, but could be a silver lining, if we don't.

Yeah...but if we lose out on the cup and the League..we,d have lost everything this season!
But we have a great team and need to be positive.
This must be the hardest batch of remaining games of any club in recent History.
3 more derbies, Manu, last season,s champions + semi final London derby.

So we have 3 London cup finals + semi....bloodyell....

No we wouldn't. We still would have had a good season and far exceeded the expectations of most.

No we wouldn't what???
We wouldn't have won anything would we...LOL...
yeah we might have won some pride that the Team deserves.
But that will mean we miss out again and hope we can hang on to our players for the next season.
We know that finding the dosh is a bit of a problem.
So, we have a lot to win...but maybe,a lot to lose as well!

Come on you Spurs"............

No we wouldn't what???
We wouldn't have won anything would we...LOL...
yeah we might have won some pride that the Team deserves.
But that will mean we miss out again and hope we can hang on to our players for the next season.
We know that finding the dosh is a bit of a problem.
So, we have a lot to win...but maybe,a lot to lose as well!

Come on you Spurs"............

We wouldn't have lost everything. We would have finished above four clubs that massively outspend us. We would have a highly talented and young squad that has grown an enormous amount this year and the best manager in the league. We would be really well placed for a title challenge and trophies next season. I want us to end the season with silverware but it has been a massive success no matter what happens from here.

What this season has proved, to neutrals, is that last season was no fluke. It would have been easy to have looked at the events of last season and thought 'Leicester top, Spurs 3rd..what a crazy season. Oh well, fun but back to normal proceedings next season'. Except, we've proved that just like Harry Kane isn't the one season wonder that some accused him of being, we are not a one season club.

We have impressed so many this season with our exciting, dynamic, play. We are now being told that we are the side that play the best football, the side that many want to finish league winners..ahead of Chelscum, and yes that will change again start of next season when the chance to win the title starts over, but for now, people are realising and appreciating just how good we are as a team.

Our transformation as a team is not yet complete but..what a journey we are having. Let's hope we become the new team that can fight for the title, and win it with regularity. The players, and management at the club deserve to, and have the ability to, achieve this. And let us fans make as much noise as we can, lets make White Hart Lane loud and the players know that whatever happens, we will be right behind them. Let's support them on the road and see how far this journey can take us. Come on you Spurs!!

People get too carried away with the fixtures. Who would have predicted Chelsea losing at home to Palace? Yes we have a tough run in and Chelsea have quite a generous set of fixtures but you play everyone twice. I'd more concerned that Chelsea have a dressing room full of title winners with experience whilst we are in uncharterd territory.

Still think it's a tough ask for us to catch and overtake Chelsea but the next 3 fixtures will give us a much better idea of where the title will end up. We need to cut the gap by at least 1 more point in the next 3 games to stand any chance IMO.

People get too carried away with the fixtures. Who would have predicted Chelsea losing at home to Palace? Yes we have a tough run in and Chelsea have quite a generous set of fixtures but you play everyone twice. I'd more concerned that Chelsea have a dressing room full of title winners with experience whilst we are in uncharterd territory.

Still think it's a tough ask for us to catch and overtake Chelsea but the next 3 fixtures will give us a much better idea of where the title will end up. We need to cut the gap by at least 1 more point in the next 3 games to stand any chance IMO.

I'd say 2 points and I'd also add we have a wealth of epseorince that we ignore as it isn't from this country

I may be wrong but we have the Dutch contingent who all won the leagues over their in Eriksen, moussa, Toby and Jan

We also have two finalists for the euros in Hugo and Sissoko

Everyone else is actually a youngster in real football terms and with that youth and inexperience comes a lack of fear potentially and that's demonstrated regularly by Alli and Kane

Another view - Chelsea have a dressing room of players who were quite happy turning in a full season of don't give a fudge performances right after winning a title .. doesn't take much to make Costa/Hazard go into invisible territory for games on end.

Talented squad, but mercenaries, the whole fudging lot of them.

I know it's the past but I remember the run in that we had in that season we finished fourth.
IIRC we had Chelsea and Arsenal at the Lane in the games building up to the decider at Emirates Marketing Project. We also lost Palacios just before then and everyone had written us off, yet somehow we won those games.

I'm not getting carried away, because Chelsea can grind out result's against the brick team's and that's all they have left bar Everton. I am not however giving up on this just yet.

We have to win every game, nothing else will do... and i mean putting Lloris up-front against the scum if its 1-1 with 2mins left and risk losing.

Chelsea have 1 more slip up in them, 2 is asking a lot, but its possible they get a draw at
Everton and West Brom

Having said that if they got done by Southampton after we take them out in the SF and ssssssssshhhhh but id sense a double and WW3 starting the day after.

The point is that all we ever have is these nice little stats - youngest squad, 6th highest wage bill, transfer net spend minimal compared to rivals that quite frankly no one except our fans give two hoots about. I've been reading these sorts of stats about our team for a few years now,and yes we deserve credit for building a very talented squad, but quite frankly I wish people would stop going on about these things because unless we actually win things no one cares.....

Anybody else been tempted into predicting the last 5/6/7 fixtures for the top 6/7 teams respectively?

For me, i counted the title out a few weeks ago when i saw Chelsea's run in. Even with the unexpected slip up against Palace and then United defeat, I really don't see them capitulating when 3 of their final 4 games are home to Boro', Watford and Sunderland!!

I'm still looking down the table rather than up. The title is a push too far imo. It's holding on to that second place spot that looks the tricky thing. Our fixtures are very tricky to call whilst I can see City taking maximum points from their last 6 games. Aside from the Manc derby, their games are more than winnable for them.

Putting on my rather pessimistic hat, I had us down the draw the next 5 games before beating Hull, fortunately our hefty goal difference will come into play.

For what it's worth...

1. Chelsea 91pts (16pts from last 6 games)
2. Emirates Marketing Project 82pts (18pts from 6)
3. SPURS 79pts (8pts from 6 - DDDDDW)
4. Liverpool 79pts (13pts from 5)
-------------------------
5. Arsenal 72pts (15pts from 7)
6. Man Utd 72pts (12pts from 7)
-------------------------
7. Everton 65pts (8pts from 5)

Back