• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The post transfer window discussion

Sorry Bedford, but beyond attractively finishing any curtains at the new stadium, or increasing ancillary "doily production" based revenue streams, I don't really see how that will help?...
Don't be absurd! He wasn't talking about curtains or doilies. He was clearly referring to the new half-time entertainment.

Brand loyalty isn't always dictated by performance. However as you have pointed out those 4 clubs have a major share of the available market, there is certainly a migratory fan base. From the fans point of view you are quite right, it isn't all business, but from the clubs point of view it is, perceived good will is certainly a metric they will be aware of but it'll only be a "nice to have".

Sure, but I wonder if you're underplaying the impact of the fans a bit there. We're certainly worlds away from them, but I'd offer up Blackpool as an example of a club completely lacking the good will of its fans, and suffering heavily for it in terms of its revenues and its on-pitch performances.

With a waiting list as large as ours, the club can undoubtedly easily ignore fan discontent, safe in the knowledge than the fan that doesn't renew will simply be replaced by one who does. But there comes a time when every club does have to listen to the paying punters.

(Although with Blackpool it's a case of which came first, chicken or egg, imo)

Sure, but I wonder if you're underplaying the impact of the fans a bit there. We're certainly worlds away from them, but I'd offer up Blackpool as an example of a club completely lacking the good will of its fans, and suffering heavily for it in terms of its revenues and its on-pitch performances.

With a waiting list as large as ours, the club can undoubtedly easily ignore fan discontent, safe in the knowledge than the fan that doesn't renew will simply be replaced by one who does. But there comes a time when every club does have to listen to the paying punters.

(Although with Blackpool it's a case of which came first, chicken or egg, imo)

Yeah, but I think for the top sides in Europe (in this case I mean PL clubs, La Liga clubs, all the teams in continental competition, etc etc, not just the elite), the paying punters that need to be worried about are those buying all the advertising around broadcasting (and everything else they can slap a logo on), and their concern is the bums on sofas watching satellite and cable feeds around the world. A major shift is coming, not just to football but to all broadcast entertainment, and advertising is going to drive all of it.

Maybe it'll be the making of lamela. Play him as a striker.

we may have to!

or this suggestion will go down as well as getting Ade back into the fold;)

Without getting SB its very important imo to see if we can drag some peformances/goals somehow out of him.....cant play as a lone cf though I dont think will need to play just off a main striker.

I agree with this.Overall we have a stronger and more motivated squad.We could easily have had 10 points at this time.The wins will come and i have seen nothing apart from City that says we can't compete for top 4.
We haven't got 10 points because we lack zip and a clinical finishing. We won't get close to 4th and once the games rack up we could be in real bother. The lack of depth in two key areas is appalling and if I was Poch I would seriously consider resigning over what has happened.

what the fudge is wrong with them, for the first time in years they are nailed on for top 4, zero threat to them this season and the natives are still whining

man, football fans really tinkle me off

Yeah, but I think for the top sides in Europe (in this case I mean PL clubs, La Liga clubs, all the teams in continental competition, etc etc, not just the elite), the paying punters that need to be worried about are those buying all the advertising around broadcasting (and everything else they can slap a logo on), and their concern is the bums on sofas watching satellite and cable feeds around the world. A major shift is coming, not just to football but to all broadcast entertainment, and advertising is going to drive all of it.

You may be right. Still, advertisers would prefer full stadiums to advertise in, which would behoove clubs to keep the punters happy or at least drop prices in order to replace any fans that do leave: else, empty stadiums will eventually lead to sponsorships not being renewed, which is still a way to indirectly affect the team as a fan.

You may be right. Still, advertisers would prefer full stadiums to advertise in, which would behoove clubs to keep the punters happy or at least drop prices in order to replace any fans that do leave: else, empty stadiums will eventually lead to sponsorships not being renewed, which is still a way to indirectly affect the team as a fan.

I don't think the prices will move, you'll just get a different demographic actually at the stadium, for some teams, other teams will suffer greatly and probably drop away, I expect a reduction in the size of top leagues across Europe to make way for more continental matches, those that make it will have higher demand.

I don't think the prices will move, you'll just get a different demographic actually at the stadium, for some teams, other teams will suffer greatly and probably drop away, I expect a reduction in the size of top leagues across Europe to make way for more continental matches, those that make it will have higher demand.

Well, that's a frightening prospect. And you've clearly given this far more thought than I have. But surely the advent of things like the return of safe standing will be a depressing factor on prices? You can't charge full price for a standing ticket, after all, and widespread safe standing could substantially reduce matchday costs, allowing younger fans back into the game.

Well, that's a frightening prospect. And you've clearly given this far more thought than I have. But surely the advent of things like the return of safe standing will be a depressing factor on prices? You can't charge full price for a standing ticket, after all, and widespread safe standing could substantially reduce matchday costs, allowing younger fans back into the game.

I'm quite excited by it myself.

I certainly don't see the call for safe standing going away any time soon but I think long term it won't be a requirement, I think the customer type is gonna skew heavily towards family groups, I expect at some point there will be a move to offer more rather than charge less (possibly in response to competition from other sports or shows), maybe live music as additional entertainment, a longer day out with more time spent in the stadium buying popcorn and big gulps of course, oh and a quick perusal of the concourse merchandise outlet. The whole thing will be named after a sponsor obviously, offering an image in a 30 second hit at half time isn't enough anymore, advertising needs to be imprinted on your brain, you need to enjoy your day in the "naming rights dome" supporting the "To2enham Fullbars" or something and have that positive memory brand attachment, that's the future (not looking forward to that bit so much).

I'm quite excited by it myself.

I certainly don't see the call for safe standing going away any time soon but I think long term it won't be a requirement, I think the customer type is gonna skew heavily towards family groups, I expect at some point there will be a move to offer more rather than charge less (possibly in response to competition from other sports or shows), maybe live music as additional entertainment, a longer day out with more time spent in the stadium buying popcorn and big gulps of course, oh and a quick perusal of the concourse merchandise outlet. The whole thing will be named after a sponsor obviously, offering an image in a 30 second hit at half time isn't enough anymore, advertising needs to be imprinted on your brain, you need to enjoy your day in the "naming rights dome" supporting the "To2enham Fullbars" or something and have that positive memory brand attachment, that's the future (not looking forward to that bit so much).

I....I think I want to get off this ride now.

As i understood it, as long as you have space in your squad, and player was unattached in previous window, then yes they can

I think there's a deadline for registering players for the league - not sure if that matches up with the end of the window or not though

I think there's a deadline for registering players for the league - not sure if that matches up with the end of the window or not though

I think empty slots can be assigned to players at any time though, assuming their registration is in order

Back