• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The post transfer window discussion

Once again a trust statement manages to instantly boil my tinkle, I'm gonna have to write another letter to the club distancing myself from the needy fudgeing prose of people with way too much time on their hands (yeah yeah, says the guy with 12000 posts on a web forum) and delusions so grand they felt the need to gather debate and officially comment within hours of the window closing.

They generally talk bullocks although the sentiment is good

What I never understand is what they think they will achieve ?!?!?

My view is were in a miles better position than last season when we finished 5th

Yep we didn't sign a striker who would come in as Cover for Kane... I still can't think of anyone who plays like him, is good enough and would happily come as cover. There are plenty of players I'd have liked but we didn't get them and frankly i don't mind

Our biggest weakness last year was defending and we have significantly upgraded the defence.

The midfield now is full of depth if not experience and Dier has been very good in an unfamiliar position at this level which bodes well for his development. We also have alli who really could be anything with games and experience and Mason hasn't been to shabby in the Games he has played

We have addressed the lack of pace issue in the attacking third and that will naturally open up teams Imo and crate even more chances for us to take. Son has A good scoring record and add that to Erisken and Chaldi plus whatever njie brings and suddenly we have options. Also Njie and Son can and have both played as a forward so there now the cover for Kane if a very different style of player

So we have IMO added a better defensive side to the team, more lace and arguably goals and now have younger players with more experience. That's a good window for me

Oh and ee have shifted a lot of dead wood with only Ade left which is fudgeing amazing when you consider how bad some of them had been at times

I agree with this.Overall we have a stronger and more motivated squad.We could easily have had 10 points at this time.The wins will come and i have seen nothing apart from City that says we can't compete for top 4.

I didn't mention in my initial post that we have addressed the pace issue. Njie and Son are rapid.

I think CM isn't that short in numbers, Dier, Mason, Bentaleb and Dembele plus Carroll and Toby has played their for Saints. It's the super all rounder like Yaya and Fernandinho, or Schneiderlin.

3 attacking mid positions are well sorted.

Striker is an issue unless Son can really do it. But our clear attempts to get Saido show we felt we were short there and that's the one area where we may be in trouble if Harry struggles with form/injury.

Milos plays both - no one seems sure which will be his final position

Coulthirst might do for the cups

It's a myth you can sign free agents after the window ****s

Players out of contract or unattached to any clubs can be recruited outside the transfer window, while many deals will be confirmed before then. Players who are down as released below, may still be re-signed by the club that released them

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/summer-transfer-window-2015.html

Once again a trust statement manages to instantly boil my tinkle, I'm gonna have to write another letter to the club distancing myself from the needy fudgeing prose of people with way too much time on their hands (yeah yeah, says the guy with 12000 posts on a web forum) and delusions so grand they felt the need to gather debate and officially comment within hours of the window closing.

Have to agree, they really think they have a important role in things, in all reality most fans I speak to think they are full of flimflam and wanabees.

Oh, and for the record, I can see exactly what I'm getting for my money, an awesome new stadium and the best training ground in the country which will benefit everyone for a long long time far more than any marquee signing we could pull off.

It always tinkles me off when I hear folks like them go on about ticket prices, if you think you are being ripped off then do not buy them. Its supply and demand and no one holds a gun to my head when I decide to buy them.

Have to agree, they really think they have a important role in things, in all reality most fans I speak to think they are full of hogwash and wanabees.

This is my take as well, it's another thing which annoys me about them which they can't be directly blamed for, they are seen by certain media outlets as a voice of Spurs fans, but they don't speak for me, I tend to strongly disagree with their positions and find their questioning of clubs officials to be cringeworthy. Obviously it's not their fault if they get asked for a comment, but I think that if you only poll a certain type of person (the type that would join such an organisation for example) you are gonna get a certain type of answer, they don't disclaim their position with this context.

This is my take as well, it's another thing which annoys me about them which they can't be directly blamed for, they are seen by certain media outlets as a voice of Spurs fans, but they don't speak for me, I tend to strongly disagree with their positions and find their questioning of clubs officials to be cringeworthy. Obviously it's not their fault if they get asked for a comment, but I think that if you only poll a certain type of person (the type that would join such an organisation for example) you are gonna get a certain type of answer, they don't disclaim their position with this context.

Lemmings one and all.

I can see where the Trust are coming from tbh - after all they are supposed to represent the fan base and seemingly there are many up in arms about the current situation (rightly or wrongly)

If we are sitting on 80m profit from last season and it is going towards the stadium then perhaps it'd be best for all concerned if Levy broke the usual silence and explained things, I'm sure most would be on board if that was what is going on

I can see where the Trust are coming from tbh - after all they are supposed to represent the fan base and seemingly there are many up in arms about the current situation (rightly or wrongly)

If we are sitting on 80m profit from last season and it is going towards the stadium then perhaps it'd be best for all concerned if Levy broke the usual silence and explained things, I'm sure most would be on board if that was what is going on

Many, of the many who are up in arms are reacting to false hope and lack of information though, they are seeing the bullet points and ignoring the fine print. The information is out there, those in the trust should know better as they actually get an audience with the club whom talk them through it.

Gauging the general mood on this place (weighted for the fact that it's obviously where all the intelligent and good looking spurs fans converse) there are plenty who are quite happy with the overall direction yet the trusts rhetoric is chicken little stuff.

Edit: and, the balls on these fudgers, I like a coca-cola as much as the next man but if I went into CCC HQ and started chipping off about the new font on the can and the lack of Mexican imports I'd be arrested, not humoured, when are they gonna realise Spurs is a private company and handle themselves with some self awareness.

We strengthened in defence (imo) and kept hold of Lloris. That's two positives (and I think defence was one of the areas we clearly needed to address).

We didn't strengthen the way I'd hoped in midfield. It's possible Dier might be answer; but I can't pretend I'm not disappointed we didn't get in a defensive-minded CM.

We clearly wanted to bring in Berahino, so even the club would probably acknowledge (though not in public) that we didn't improve our "Attack" to the extent we'd hoped. But we did bring in Njie and Son - both of whom I think could be very exciting players for us. So I certainly wouldn't classify our recruitment of forwards as entirely negative.

Overall? 743 / 1017

Many, of the many who are up in arms are reacting to false hope and lack of information though, they are seeing the bullet points and ignoring the fine print. The information is out there, those in the trust should know better as they actually get an audience with the club whom talk them through it.

Gauging the general mood on this place (weighted for the fact that it's obviously where all the intelligent and good looking spurs fans converse) there are plenty who are quite happy with the overall direction yet the trusts rhetoric is chicken little stuff.

Edit: and, the balls on these fudgeers, I like a coca-cola as much as the next man but if I went into CCC HQ and started chipping off about the new font on the can and the lack of Mexican imports I'd be arrested, not humoured, when are they gonna realise Spurs is a private company and handle themselves with some self awareness.

If football was truly like a private business, we'd all support United/Real/Barca/Bayern as they offer the best product and the least disappointment. Thankfully, it isn't run that way. :p

And as for the general mood on this place, while I'm pretty sure the club monitors it, the FB pages are and the wider Spurs web community is much larger than just us, so it may not be representative of the mood of the masses.

Last edited:
The thing about the transfer window I do not get, how is it that FFP wasn't enforceable yet everyone puts up with the window. Despite the fact that has far worse connotations of restraint of fairness than FFP was. If Kane is out for the season.. we have no striker.. and cannot purchase one. Is that fair. If FFP wasn't fair.. how is this.

If football was truly like a private business, we'd all support United/Real/Barca/Bayern as they offer the best product and the least disappointment. Thankfully, it isn't run that way. :p

And as for the general mood on this place, while I'm pretty sure the club monitors it, the FB pages and the wider Spurs web community is much larger than just us, so it may not be representative of the mood of the masses.

Brand loyalty isn't always dictated by performance. However as you have pointed out those 4 clubs have a major share of the available market, there is certainly a migratory fan base. From the fans point of view you are quite right, it isn't all business, but from the clubs point of view it is, perceived good will is certainly a metric they will be aware of but it'll only be a "nice to have".

Back