• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The post transfer window discussion

Well, that's a frightening prospect. And you've clearly given this far more thought than I have. But surely the advent of things like the return of safe standing will be a depressing factor on prices? You can't charge full price for a standing ticket, after all, and widespread safe standing could substantially reduce matchday costs, allowing younger fans back into the game.
Actually there's that much clamour for standing a savvy business man would charge more. Premium product and all that.

Not worried about the lack of a DM signing. Was never convinced we were after Wanyama seriously or that we really needed him. I don't think Dier is 'a CB playing at DM' just as Bale wasn't a 'LB playing at LW'. Poch had clearly identified he liked him in the role and he is performing well there. We also have Bentaleb, Mason and Carroll (who will hopefully get more of a chance).

Upfront, looks like a bit of a disaster but maybe this could be the making of Lamela in a forward position. NJ can also play there and of course we have Kane.

I think people may ridicule my last sentence but at the end of the day, signing Berahino wasn't going to turn us into title contenders. Besides, looking across our squad, we can be incredibly proud at the sheer numbers of academy graduates, young English players or simply young players are making up important positions in our squad. It may not look ideal but we are working towards a stadium, and for the first time in a long time it looks like we aren't going to put undue pressure on the manager to far surpass our position. We have someone who can develop young players and we seem to be letting him do that. Let's enjoy the ride, seeing what develops in front of our eyes rather than moaning at every misplaced pass and thinking that it means we won't be top 4 next year. For the while at least, who the heck cares? Let's build a club, let's build a spirit, and let's watch these lads grow together.

I agree with most of that with one proviso. While we are building, we need to actually see some progress and be entertained with some attractive exciting football in the meantime.

Don't see Lamela filling the CF role though in a 4231 and would rather switch to a 433 with a falsey up top in the absence of Kane.

Is there anywhere left we can pick up a Striker or any way? maybe a loan from another league? or any unsigned players? seeing as Berbatov does not have a club can we still sign him? We need another stiker. One that players in the ilk of Kane. We saw against Stoke that as soon as we lost our holding point up front our whole shape went.

Very close to being a very good transfer window.

I thought so

We should have bought a lad with a spanish name from a lower league for nothing. I would shut up all the moaners "look we bought 'Julio Iglesias' from Seville B" :D. Peace in our time! (no pun intended)

Is there anywhere left we can pick up a Striker or any way? maybe a loan from another league? or any unsigned players? seeing as Berbatov does not have a club can we still sign him? We need another stiker. One that players in the ilk of Kane. We saw against Stoke that as soon as we lost our holding point up front our whole shape went.

No - there's always the myth about being able to pick up free agents, but that is a myth (you can sign them, but not register them till the next window)

We should be able to recall Coulthirst earlier than end of October if we want though

what the fudge is wrong with them, for the first time in years they are nailed on for top 4, zero threat to them this season and the natives are still whining

man, football fans really tinkle me off

Really? we bitch about Levy and ambition, this Window has completely proven the Scum have NO ambition for anything other than 4th place trophy.

Top 4 default is City, Cheat$ki, Scum, United. United is not a title threat, too unbalanced, short firepower. Cheat$ki has had some early season struggles, could really be one of those off seasons. That positions Scum based on their end of season form from last year as strong 2nd place challengers, add a Schniederlin type in midfield and a proven goal scorer and they could have pushed City hard.

City didn't need improving, yet they still bought.

Scum not buying in the financial position they are in, with the obvious 1 or 2 gaps where a quality player could have impacted their opportunities both in PL and CL is fudging criminal. I'll laugh all day long because their season will inevitably be -> compete on all fronts, perhaps even lead table at time, then fall apart in February.

Their fans absolutely should be livid.(they pay even more than us for tickets/etc.)

Really? we bitch about Levy and ambition, this Window has completely proven the Scum have NO ambition for anything other than 4th place trophy.

Top 4 default is City, Cheat$ki, Scum, United. United is not a title threat, too unbalanced, short firepower. Cheat$ki has had some early season struggles, could really be one of those off seasons. That positions Scum based on their end of season form from last year as strong 2nd place challengers, add a Schniederlin type in midfield and a proven goal scorer and they could have pushed City hard.

City didn't need improving, yet they still bought.

Scum not buying in the financial position they are in, with the obvious 1 or 2 gaps where a quality player could have impacted their opportunities both in PL and CL is fudgeing criminal. I'll laugh all day long because their season will inevitably be -> compete on all fronts, perhaps even lead table at time, then fall apart in February.

Their fans absolutely should be livid.(they pay even more than us for tickets/etc.)

there is still a financial chasm between them and the other three, they can't afford to get into a tinkling contest, fourth is their ceiling and their floor

there is still a financial chasm between them and the other three, they can't afford to get into a tinkleing contest, fourth is their ceiling and their floor

flimflam mate, otherwise we might as well all pack it in and go support another sport.

They have 200M+ to spend (their chairman's words), they can afford stupid wages due to turnover and CL participation. Not saying they would have come, but 200M could probably have bought Schniederlin, Bale and Benzema or their equivalents. Tell me that would not have given them the PL title (or damn close)

Love how spurs fans smash Levy for lack of ambition, but accept the fiscal challenges of everyone else. They were perfectly placed to make a few smart investments, by next season Cheat$ki might be back on track, United might be sorted and they will be back to forth.

Did want to make a transfer window point ... beyond money doping fudging up the game (which no one will ever fix)

- We have to fix player hording .. this is fudging ridiculous, reporter last night claimed Cheat$ki has 31 players out on loan, that should be regulated against

hogwash mate, otherwise we might as well all pack it in and go support another sport.

They have 200M+ to spend (their chairman's words), they can afford stupid wages due to turnover and CL participation. Not saying they would have come, but 200M could probably have bought Schniederlin, Bale and Benzema or their equivalents. Tell me that would not have given them the PL title (or damn close)

Love how spurs fans smash Levy for lack of ambition, but accept the fiscal challenges of everyone else. They were perfectly placed to make a few smart investments, by next season Cheat$ki might be back on track, United might be sorted and they will be back to forth.

not all of us

if arsenal finish 3rd or higher its more about united/city/chelsea failing than it is about them succeeding

Did want to make a transfer window point ... beyond money doping fudgeing up the game (which no one will ever fix)

- We have to fix player hording .. this is fudgeing ridiculous, reporter last night claimed Cheat$ki has 31 players out on loan, that should be regulated against

yeah, its a crazy situation, i'm not sure how it could be legally enforced though, also it doesn't hurt any of the teams directly involved, chelsea control the players environment still and the loaner club get a player they couldn't afford otherwise, if they do a good job they get a shiny new model next year

Did want to make a transfer window point ... beyond money doping fudgeing up the game (which no one will ever fix)

- We have to fix player hording .. this is fudgeing ridiculous, reporter last night claimed Cheat$ki has 31 players out on loan, that should be regulated against

Completely agree with you there Raz.

yeah, its a crazy situation, i'm not sure how it could be legally enforced though, also it doesn't hurt any of the teams directly involved, Chel53a control the players environment still and the loaner club get a player they couldn't afford otherwise, if they do a good job they get a shiny new model next year

Same way you have a max registered squad (with under 21's not counted). I think you have a max number of players you can loan out (very small, say 5), with homegrown not counting (so if you want to build a ton of homegrown players and keep them on books, fine).

Specifically the problem you are addressing is anti-competitive behavior, Cheat$ki is without doubt doing two things

- Buying expensive talents early as a buffer against any kind of future FPP regulations as they can sell those players later (with rising prices) to fund future purchases and skirt limits
- They are buying players that other clubs (Us, Scum, Pool, United) could use to make us more competitive, and to make it worst, are loaning those to second tier teams that then add insult to injury by taking points off those same teams that would have been in the market for them.

This continues the ignorance of government/FA in not understanding City/Cheat$ki are simply businesses carrying out clearly definable anti-competitive practices that in any other sector would have been aggressively addressed.

Same way you have a max registered squad (with under 21's not counted). I think you have a max number of players you can loan out (very small, say 5), with homegrown not counting (so if you want to build a ton of homegrown players and keep them on books, fine).

Specifically the problem you are addressing is anti-competitive behavior, Cheat$ki is without doubt doing two things

- Buying expensive talents early as a buffer against any kind of future FPP regulations as they can sell those players later (with rising prices) to fund future purchases and skirt limits
- They are buying players that other clubs (Us, Scum, Pool, United) could use to make us more competitive, and to make it worst, are loaning those to second tier teams that then add insult to injury by taking points off those same teams that would have been in the market for them.

This continues the ignorance of government/FA in not understanding City/Cheat$ki are simply businesses carrying out clearly definable anti-competitive practices that in any other sector would have been aggressively addressed.

i get all that, but how do you legally limit how many employees a company is allowed to have?

i get all that, but how do you legally limit how many employees a company is allowed to have?

You are not limiting how many employees they have, you are limiting how many they are allowed to loan (just as you do with squad registration)

You're right i have no idea how we are going to replace his goals

Get your point, but if Harry got injured (or even just to give him a game off in cups), I'd rather have Soldado as an option than playing Chadli/Lamela as striker.

fudge .. Austin is starting to look like a miss now ...

Back