• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The overrated films thread

Just to clarify perhaps

Is this about movies generally accepted as turd or movies which are largerly rated by others (who?) but no liked by oneself?

Just to clarify perhaps

Is this about movies generally accepted as turd or movies which are largerly rated by others (who?) but no liked by oneself?

o?Àver?Àrate   [oh-ver-reyt] Show IPA
verb (used with object), -rat?Àed, -rat?Àing.
to rate or appraise too highly; overestimate: I think you overrate their political influence.

Paranormal activity.

Simply crap - Not remotely jumpy or scary and all the main characters are people that you WANT to get killed.

Seriously, I watched a couple of months back for the first time - basically because it was so highly regarded - and didnt think it was anything special at all.

The much vaunted Gin fight was ok, rather than mind blowing.
All of the characters were cliched and the acting to me seemed 'sufficient'.
Its all been done before. High level bank robber gets chased down by flawed but smart detective. They make a big deal outt of getting into each others heads. Robber wants out but has to do one last job. Cops life goes to brick because he is so focused on his job. A few henchmen fudge up/get killed/are Madsen....

It was a decent enough film but far from deserving of the applause it gets IMHO.

Back