• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The overrated films thread

Agreed! never understood why people love it so much.

The Deer Hunter is massivley over rated too imo.

It's definitely a big screen job.

I bumped into a South African fellow student in the cinema bar. He had a pipe and something to put in it. The film blew me away coincidentally!

It pops up at the Prince Charles occasionally I tihnk so I will check it out on the big screen if it shows soon.

Might take your advice... hmmm.

This this this. Fargo is quality.

And to KingDawson and DFS, what exactly do you like if you don't like the original trilogy?!

My favourite films include:

Godfather
Godfather 2
shawshank redemption
Scarface
Battle royale

A lot more but thats off the top of my head.

The Departed for me,i just didnt get what all the fuss was about.

i hope scorsese looses his hard on for di caprio and gives de niro and pesci a ring.

Tarantino films in general, sound so good on paper with exciting casting and to be fair sum great moments but it
wouldnt bother never to watch them again, a great film for me has to be one you can watch over and over again.

This this this. Fargo is quality.

And to KingDawson and DFS, what exactly do you like if you don't like the original trilogy?!

Pinter - ahem - its DHSF.

I dont like sci fi, fantasy type movies. So I guess maybe I am not in the best position to state that they are overrated but I am in a very good position to state that THEY ARE ALL fudging brick.

Anything by Mel Gibson, the man is a complete clown shoe. Watch Brave Heart again and see that Mel is in pretty much every scene. Oh I forgot he directed this piece of crap, so he would be wouldn't he? What about There Will Be Blood? I have never been a great fan of franchise movies, as most are just cash ins.

Back