• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

but after his comments today I don't think he will

Harry said he likes the formation away from home...WHL is a different matter I suspect (unless we have been on a losing run and need the solidity of an extra man in midfield).

Sorry but I just find this entire thread bizarre. I didn't see you making a thread off the back of 1 point from 12 having gone 442. Now Harry goes 433, we pick up 5 points from 9, whilst being by far the better side in all of those games and you're trying to say this is going to cost us top 4? It's actually the previous month that has put us in this position to begin with, so why you're making this topic now is baffling to me.

Fact is, when all of our players are fit, Harry will choose this team for 95% of games:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul Gallas/King Ekotto
Lennon Parker Modric Bale
VDV
Adebayor

That's the side that had gotten us into the title mix. The team Harry picked today was 100% spot on, it seems that some of you want to ignore the fact that Lennon is only just returning from injury and we have a game on Monday, this is why he didn't start today. It makes sense to go away with a solid setup designed to control the game and hopefully win, unfortunately Harry didn't forsee Sunderland sitting inside their own half for the entire game, if they'd have attacked us like Chelsea had a couple of weeks before then I'm sure we'd have been able to create some more meaningful chances.

I expect the rest of our away games to be different from today, bar Villa. Bolton and QPR need points so they will more than likely come at us, which means they will be exposed at the back, which suits us. Villa will do the same as Sunderland did today and look to frustrate us. They only need another 5 points or so to be safe from relegation, they'll look at a point against us as a point gained.

Except for Monday where we need to rotate a little, I see the team I posted above playing the final 5 games(bar injuries)

Not sure what games you're referring to but we scored 3 just last week. Also, I'd rather a boring 0-0 than the mildly exciting losses that had preceded them.

Both 3 -1 wins came after we switched and brought on Defoe against Bolton and Lennon against Swansea.

Sorry but I just find this entire thread bizarre. I didn't see you making a thread off the back of 1 point from 12 having gone 442. Now Harry goes 433, we pick up 5 points from 9, whilst being by far the better side in all of those games and you're trying to say this is going to cost us top 4? It's actually the previous month that has put us in this position to begin with, so why you're making this topic now is baffling to me.

Fact is, when all of our players are fit, Harry will choose this team for 95% of games:

Friedel
Walker Kaboul Gallas/King Ekotto
Lennon Parker Modric Bale
VDV
Adebayor

That's the side that had gotten us into the title mix. The team Harry picked today was 100% spot on, it seems that some of you want to ignore the fact that Lennon is only just returning from injury and we have a game on Monday, this is why he didn't start today. It makes sense to go away with a solid setup designed to control the game and hopefully win, unfortunately Harry didn't forsee Sunderland sitting inside their own half for the entire game, if they'd have attacked us like Chelsea had a couple of weeks before then I'm sure we'd have been able to create some more meaningful chances.

This is nothing to do with Lennon, but on that topic this isn't his first game back, he should have been able to come on at half time, but Harry waited until the 65th minute. If it were his first run out I might believe it, but not after he has already seen PL action.

Harry not forseeing Sunderland sitting back is inexcusable. To expect them to attack simply because Chelsea did against us (a team that needed the win to compete for CL places with us) is ludicrous. Even if he did believe that before the game, after 20 minutes he should have noticed how they were playing and adjusted accordingly by the latest at half time.

Back on to my first point, this is not about Lennon. If Lennon could really only have played the 25 minutes he got (something I'm not buying btw, see above) that still doesn't mean we had to play Parker and Sandro together. Modric NEEDS to be in the center where he can pick up the ball from the center backs or Parker and create. The reality is that he does that wherever he is placed in the formation, which hurts us because it leaves us a man short when he is supposed to further forward recieving the passes. We have nobody in the center to get the ball, so VdV or Bale come inside, but then we have no width and play super narrow

Both 3 -1 wins came after we switched and brought on Defoe against Bolton and Lennon against Swansea.

2 of the goals against Swansea came whilst playing 433 and as mentioned previously, the 2nd came from a corner kick which has nothing to do with whether Sandro is standing 50 yards away or not.

We simply need Modric + Sandro OR Parker in the centre and then pick see who is fit and pick the rest the of the team.Sandro and Parker in the same side simply doesnt work when we are supposed to control the match and create chances.

I think what harry is doing is playing it safe i.e. don't lose. This is what Mancini did last season to secure CL for Emirates Marketing Project i.e. being conservative. If this is going to get us CL i don't have a problem.

Harry didn't forsee Sunderland sitting inside their own half for the entire game

If that's the case then what exactly does he do with his time in advance of matches? Little holidays to Monaco?

Every single member of this forum could have predicted Sunderland playing that way and many did.

That's not the first time this season that Harry's been caught out by a team doing exactly what they do every week. He needs to start doing his homework.

Terrible idea. Would ruin both competitions. The only way European football can be improved, short of going back to the old European Cup/UEFA Cup knockout formats, is if they award CL places only to the champions and the Cup winners. Second place, and the losing cup finalists, go into the re-introduced UEFA Cup, and the winner of that one gets a CL group stage berth. At once, you make the Cups more valuable, the UEFA Cup worth participating in and the CL more competitive.

Will it happen, though? I'll bet my grandmother it won't.

I'm sure he had some idea, but not to the extent of what we saw yesterday. If it was so expected then there wouldn't be so many comments and threads on it.

I think yesterday's game was a bad one to discuss Sandros input, just because he didn't play very well. I think on another day he can have a much greater impact in an attacking sense.

You can't just judge contribution based on goals and assists. Well, you can I suppose, but it's a pretty bad idea.

Do I have to go rummaging around for the Alonso, Pirlo and Xavi stats again?

To be fair Xavi has scored 14 goals this season and probably has plenty of assists to go with it.

Back