• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

In respect that if we achieve a top 4 finish it will take a massive turn around in form. Essentially an increase from under 1 point per game in our last 7 to 2.5 ppg in our final 6. It's a massive ask. We're not a title challenging side going through a blip anymore, this is still a terrible run of form, and as I've said we're looking to limp across the finish line in 4th spot.

Up until recently yes we were playing badly. But in the last four games, we have two wins and two draws and have not been outplayed in any of those games. We were poor against Stoke and weren't quite at it today, but we were unlucky to not beat Chelsea and looked close to being back to our best against Swansea and Bolton.

I can't wait to get on the Vermin hamster wheel.
Get a bigger ground so you generate more revenue so you can attract a better class of mercenary so that you can get Champions League football so that you can make more money so you can get better players so that you can get Champions League football so that....
Trophies are SO seventies.

;-)

There is not enough goals or goalscorers in the system that " Harry prefers " Parker/Sandro/ Livermore not enough. Modric not a lot.

VdV not enough goals and assists for a striker or an attacking midfielder.

4 games, not a single goal playing that system.

I'm so not much concerned with formations, but I am slightly worried we will finish the season like last season when didn't score enough goals despite creating tons of chances and dominating most games. Adebayor is an excellent all round player on his day, but he's not a natural finisher. If we are to finish in the top 4 and/or win the FA cup, then we need VDV, Bale, Lennon, Adebayor etc to find their range again.

we played that against Swansea didn't we?

Yes, and the stat posted above is therefor wrong. It worked well at home against Swansea, that was always going to be a completely different game to Sunderland away though. And just because it worked in one was no real reason to believe it would work in another.

Hudd

Another, square passing, no goals and no assists player

:special:

I'm so not much concerned with formations, but I am slightly worried we will finish the season like last season when didn't score enough goals despite creating tons of chances and dominating most games. Adebayor is an excellent all round player on his day, but he's not a natural finisher. If we are to finish in the top 4 and/or win the FA cup, then we need VDV, Bale, Lennon, Adebayor etc to find their range again.

We need players who get goals and assists. Free kicks and corners are out, so we need some from somewhere.

Our most productive and dangerous player is getting no time at all.

I was happy when the match finished, I thought it would make Harry realise he has to play Sandro OR Parker in the middle with Modric, not together.

After Harrys comments I expect to see this formation a lot more before the end of the year, which will cost us.

Mate,

We will not play a side like this, at their ground, again this season.

Hudd

Another, square passing, no goals and no assists player

Ha Ha HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAH

Dude - seriously?

I said last season that he is key to playing against these defensive 11 men behind the ball opposition. He sprays the passes, keeps things ticking and moving.

He actually keeps Lennon and Bale wide by his passing. Its as if he forces the wide players wide.

I suspect 3rd and 4th will go to Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine who are playing without pressure or cup distractions. Our performances since Feb don't merit a place in the CL.

Our performances since February still have us in third place, with arsenal playing City as their game in hand. We dont merit a place in the CL? Despite being in a CL place?

In respect that if we achieve a top 4 finish it will take a massive turn around in form. Essentially an increase from under 1 point per game in our last 7 to 2.5 ppg in our final 6. It's a massive ask. We're not a title challenging side going through a blip anymore, this is still a terrible run of form, and as I've said we're looking to limp across the finish line in 4th spot.

This "terrible run of form" has included away games against Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea and Sunderland and a home game against Manchester Utd - five of the hardest possible games this season. And, Arsenal aside, we haven't played that badly. In fact, we've dominated most games without getting any real breaks.

We now have before us what is, on paper, a much easier sequence of games for the remainder of the season. All our CL rivals, by contrast, have a very tricky upcoming fixture list.

I think it highly unlikely that we will need the 15 points that you claim we need from our remaining six games - even though we are perfectly capable of getting it.

Ha Ha HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAH

Dude - seriously?

I said last season that he is key to playing against these defensive 11 men behind the ball opposition. He sprays the passes, keeps things ticking and moving.

He actually keeps Lennon and Bale wide by his passing. Its as if he forces the wide players wide.

He played last season, when we did not get 4th. We did better when he was injured. There were plenty of games when we were held at home against the lesser teams when he played, more than this season.

We are short of goalscorers and players who get assists. Hudd has a very poor record in both departments.

We could be 4pts clear in 3rd come Monday night. Its very, very possible. That puts the pressure on arsenal, who still have to play Chelsea. You talk about the terrible run, yet you could say we've taken 4pts from our last two games also.

Today we took 1 more point than City did up there.

He played last season, when we did not get 4th. We did better when he was injured. There were plenty of games when we were held at home against the lesser teams when he played, more than this season.

We are short of goalscorers and players who get assists. Hudd has a very poor record in both departments.

but, he also played the season we did get 4th, no?

fair enough, you don't rate him but you can't credibly argue he's a square passer who doesn't create?

There is not enough goals or goalscorers in the system that " Harry prefers " Parker/Sandro/ Livermore not enough. Modric not a lot.

VdV not enough goals and assists for a striker or an attacking midfielder.

4 games, not a single goal playing that system.

Not sure what games you're referring to but we scored 3 just last week. Also, I'd rather a boring 0-0 than the mildly exciting losses that had preceded them.

We definitely need to sticky this post. If we fail to make top four a lot of people can crow about how they saw it coming. If we do, then the same people are going to look very stupid to be stating such things with so many games left to play! At least these posters are sticking their colours to the mast though. I for one think we'll not only get top four, I still think we'll get third.

Gladly sticky it, I would love to look foolish as it would mean a Top 4 place.

The thread title is a bit sensationalist for those who didn't read my opening post. This is a thread about playing Sandro/Parker in the middle and Modric further forward, and if we continue to do it we will miss out on CL.

People are talking about Norwich on Monday, I honestly think we will line up in the same formation with Adebayor up front, Lennon and Bale right and left, and Modric slightly ahead of a center midfield with 2 of Sandro/Parker/Livermore.

We will AGAIN struggle to get the ball to Modric, so he will come deep to get the ball leaving us with not enough players forward.

Ill be ecstatic if Harry plays a 4-4-2, but after his comments today I don't think he will

Back