• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

This sums it up for me
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7656530/
Scott Parker ""We were probably a bit surprised by the way they set up, we expected them to come at us a little bit more, which they didn't."

I mean wtf!!!

I mean if an idiot like me can post 2 days before the game in the omt
"Sunderland are gonna sit back and try to do us on the break. That's their whole game. We need Lennon, VdV and Bale all playing so we can break them down.
They not gonna attempt to play possession football through the middle, they're gonna be playing long balls to Bendtner and their wide players. So we don't need 3 midfielders in the middle to win the ball back."

Everyone who's seen O'Neill Sunderland play this season know their gameplan. Do Spurs not have any scouting department? Does harry just watch them on motd? Do the coaches not communicate to the players information about the opposition?

We wont make the CL if Roman's roubles have anything to do with it judging on todays ridiculous result at the Bridge

i think we'll make CL, big game Monday, 3 points for us... hopefully the goons to drop some point tomorrow too.

Lennon fit, Bale on form, not conceding many, VDV looking sharp and Ade among the goals... lots of positives.

To quote Redknapp

"Its a system we've played for a few weeks now and I like it.It gives us control of the game"

It sounds to me like he will continue to play Sandro/Parker in CM from that quote and I really do think it will cost us. We play too slowly and don't put teams under any pressure, we let them settle in to the game. By the time we changed it up today in the 65th minute, every Sunderland player was confident and believed they were going to shut us out because we just hadn't put them under any pressure

I still believe that if we play to our ability, we will finish in the top 4 at least. However, if we finish below Saudi Sportswashing Machine, then that would be unnacceptable in my opinion.

We definitely need to sticky this post. If we fail to make top four a lot of people can crow about how they saw it coming. If we do, then the same people are going to look very stupid to be stating such things with so many games left to play! At least these posters are sticking their colours to the mast though. I for one think we'll not only get top four, I still think we'll get third.

Goldfish.jpg

This. I don't like 4-5-1 and make no bones about it, but if Lennon isn't 100% fit then I understand why he isn't starting today. Against Norwich I fully expect to see a midfield of Bale-Modric-Parker-Lennon

I agree with this, but think if the formation was due to injury then Livermore should have played instead of Parker or Sandro. He may not be the world's most creative player, but more so than what we played today.

Problem with your first suggestion is that Modric's best position it NOT further forward. Its deep, alongside someone like Parker who will do the defensive grunt work. Modric is not someone who plays off a front man - his game isnt best suit to that

I don't agree with that at all. Modric can play the holding role well, but his best position is somewhere between the two.

He doesn't play "off the striker", but he's best when he creates space between the midfield and the forwards. He's the only one of our players who can do that.

People were banging on about how we should NEVER EVER EVER use 442 away.
Now, its still all wrong?

In what respect?

In respect that if we achieve a top 4 finish it will take a massive turn around in form. Essentially an increase from under 1 point per game in our last 7 to 2.5 ppg in our final 6. It's a massive ask. We're not a title challenging side going through a blip anymore, this is still a terrible run of form, and as I've said we're looking to limp across the finish line in 4th spot.

People were banging on about how we should NEVER EVER EVER use 442 away.
Now, its still all wrong?

it's the all-or-nothing culture.

no grey area, no taking external factors into account. we're either contenders for the league or relegation standard.

a point is a point, one more on the total against a team that had won 5 in 6 at home previously and just put 3 past city. in fact, they've taken 4 points off city, but we should still be expected to go there and cruise to a 0-2 victory, nqa.

There is not enough goals or goalscorers in the system that " Harry prefers " Parker/Sandro/ Livermore not enough. Modric not a lot.

VdV not enough goals and assists for a striker or an attacking midfielder.

4 games, not a single goal playing that system.

There is not enough goals or goalscorers in the system that " Harry prefers " Parker/Sandro/ Livermore not enough. Modric not a lot.

VdV not enough goals and assists for a striker or an attacking midfielder.

4 games, not a single goal playing that system.

we played that against Swansea didn't we?

Back