• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

I've calmed down a bit since Sunday night. Realistically we were never going to be 10 points better than Arsenal all the way until the end. They were going to go on a run at some point, hopefully this is it and it will end soon. Whoever finishes 3rd, it will be close. I could see both teams being separated by no more than 3 points going until the final 2 or 3 games of the season. If we do finish below them, that will be a massive bottle job in my opinion, 10 points ahead and a 2 goal lead!

So you didn't see anything inflammatory in the query about bottling it?

surely you can see that it was hardly a sensible choice of phraseology, immediately after losing a game that we dominated for so long.

we deserved to lose to the goons, we didn't deserve to lose the manure game

NB - I have only replied to this now, as I havent been following the thread, and only noticed the comment because arcspace highlighted it. Its not an attempt to wind anyone up

a. Satire works by exaggerating to make a point, so when used in conjunction with the word "kneejerk", no, I don't think the thread title is inappropriate. I think it is inappropriate to take it literally.

b. I don't agree with the conventional wisdom that we didn't deserve to lose the manure game.

c. You probably are trying to wind someone up a wee bit.

I think ... infact I know we will finish third.

Remember the first two games? Those could have knocked the stuffing out of us but it didnt. It made us stronger. So fudge you all. THIRD IT IS.

Oooooo forgot about that. Good shout, massive show of character from the current squad.
Arsenal was a blip, we actually played well against Man U so its not even as bad as the start of season.

Arsenal have also still got to play away at West Brom which is looking a lot harder now than it was a month ago.

I think thats the last day and I currently have it all going down to those games, with WBA rolling over for Arsenal to stay 3rd by a point.

a. Satire works by exaggerating to make a point, so when used in conjunction with the word "kneejerk", no, I don't think the thread title is inappropriate. I think it is inappropriate to take it literally.

b. I don't agree with the conventional wisdom that we didn't deserve to lose the manure game.

c. You probably are trying to wind someone up a wee bit.

No its one thing to encourage the loonies to spout off in a kneejerk thread - but the wording didn't look satirical, just inflammatory.

We DID deserve to lose the game against Manure, because they scored 3 goals and we scored one. But if you removed the goal clips and watched the game, and were then asked to vote on who the winners were, I doubt many people would pick Utd.

No I'm not trying to wind anyone up, I am a great believer that if you put something out in public on a forum of this nature, you have to be mature enough to take the brickbats with the plaudits. I have been warned to stop making non relevant comments, and stuick to addressing posts and their content.

I don't block anyone's posts, and will respond to anyone who posts in answer to anything I put out as an opinion, some people can accept criticism and some choose to ignore it, as they have neither the will nor the ability to deal with it.
Its what makes us all different and interesting I guess. The sad part is that some people actually believe that the people they see in their posts, are actually like the real person behind the pseudonym.

I'm actually a Patagonian shamen and soothsayer called Bernard, and I run a sweetness and light peace village in Tierra Del Fuego.

Where's that post from that Gooner who said they will overtake us around this time? Well well. This is embarrassing.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Everton better fudging put Arsenal on their arse in the next couple of weeks.

Is this my Blackpool moment?

I think you remember last seqason when after we lost to Blackpool I said we wouldn't make top 4.

After the last 3 games I'm wondering if we'll make top 4, let alone top 3.

Yes, we have played a succession of difficult games, especially away from home.

Yes, we have had some key injuries (eg Lennon)..

But, we look as predictable as we did in that Blackpool game. Do any of you ever think we'll be dangerous from a set-piece??

How we could have done with Pienaar or Townsend.

Tactics? What Tactics?

I also fear Harry struggles to manage a squad as opposed to a first 11/14. Hence the loans away and the fact that Parker and Walker plus others look knackered.

Prepare for disappointment peeps :-(

Small margins. Lots of small things have meant we have let a fantastic position slip away. We could have kicked on and put pressure the top 2.

The city game, inches from victory. Not having spare players. Why did we let go of Pienaar!? Playing on the right he would have allowed to play our usual game with Modric and Parker in the middle.

Harry's court case - that pool performance when harry couldn't get to game was when we started coming unstuck imo. It was such a lacklustre performance. pool were scared off us and we didn't look up for the game.

Then the england circus to add a little more distraction.

Looks like the **** over at ArseMania Uncle Mike was right doesn't it?

I genuinely believe we will lose in the semis of the cup and definitely finish outside the top 3.

no, we built ourselves a great 10 point gap over 4th over the first part of the season without ever really having a dodgy spell. we have now had a bad patch - which every team in the league will go through at one point or the other. now it's time to put it behind us and focus on our remaining fixtures - im still confident we can out score our rivals for 3rd between now and the end of the season

I think the Arsenal game was this season's Blackpool. 10 points clear and 2-0 up against them, now it will be down to 1 point by five to 10 on Monday night. We don't even have the Champions League as an excuse this season either.

Last season I was at Blackpool away. At HT I was in the queue for something to eat and said to my mate "If we don't win this game our season's over". Then some random guy looked at me as if I don't know what I'm talking about. Oh boy was I right

5th, if we're lucky.

The lack of team play, off the ball movement, and spirt has been sorry for about 10 games - Saudi Sportswashing Machine excluded. The selections don't help at all but that doesn't excuse the lack of effort and willingness to work for each other. More and more players are standing around, the ball holder is going at the opposition alone and the team as a whole are playing balls far too early and long up top or in to the box.

This really has been painful to watch - if we don't win next week stick a fork in us.

I think it comes to a small mind mentality when it comes to crucial games whether by our players or by Redknapp. We played with fear against the worst Arsenal team we have seen in a long time and a poor Utd performance was enough also. Against Everton, we panicked and allowed them to dictate the mediocre performance that we saw. If you were truly to go knee jerk you would have to say Redknapp has been found out at the top level and when the pressure is on he folds in to defensive tactics and hopes for the best.

Sigh. Three defeats in a row, a first in the Redknapp era.

Against Arsenal, United and Everton.

D'you know what?

If we don't get a win against Stoke, this season may well be over. Chelsea look stronger now, and after their defeat we could be four points behind Arse in 3rd, and looking at Chelsea breathing down our necks in fourth. This seems like unnecessary fear-mongering, but admit it; somewhere in the back of your Lilywhite minds, this thought is lurking, in a dark, dank cave, occasionally coming out to breathe black despair into the sunlit uplands that are your thoughts.

I assume that is what your thoughts are, for all I know all you lot could be lifers at Belmarsh. :D

Back