• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Knee Jerk thread

the fudging stupid thing is the complete redknapp media tossfest. everyone was banging on about us like we were brazil 1970. 10 points clear was all well and good but there was still 15 games to go. We have achieved absolutely zero yet this season. you dont get anything for having been 10 points clear of fourth in fudging february.

we could conceivably finish 10 points outside the top 4 no problems.

saha comes in scores a couple of debut and its saha revitalised looking at france call up. redknapp isn't a GHod, he's a manager who often gets his tactics wrong.

The season is far from fudging over.

We're in for a fight to secure CL football next season and to secure third in the league. Seems like the players aren't quite aware of this just yet.

There was zero movement or intensity in the first half hour. Don't you know...Bale has decided that he is now a supersta,r therefore he no longer has to track back or defend. Adebayor just does not EVER play percentage football. Even when he was scoring, most times his little flicks went no where, but he was forgiven because he was scoring, but now...? Lets face it, look at his scoring record, he is not prolific. I would not be re-signing him on this form.

Gary.

It does treat home and away games independently, but other than that, it's completely based on a dumb 6-game average; nothing clever whatsoever (not least because I forgot to add our 'point' against Everton to the total first time roundÔÇöI started out looking at the totals for the final 10 games). It's funny you should ask, though, because a couple of years ago, I started trying to write a predictive program based on goal averages for and against, that did attempt to bias outcomes based on "quality" of opposition, etc., and I found that the raw goal averages were often more reliable at predicting scores than anything else I tried to do, and the more cleverly I "improved" things, the more likely all the scores were to come out 1-1 :) One possible explanation, I suspect, is that form, good or bad, often drags more of the same along with it, because of confidence factors and so on.

looks like your analysis was correct my good man

THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER,

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Thank GHod the majority of you are not our players otherwise we would really be in the brick.

We are on a bad run of form but even today - we had 24 attempts on goal TWENTY fudging FOUR. So we are not playing as poorly as some might suggest but we are not that great n low on confidence. Harry is gonna have to earn his corn in the next couple of months.

fudging bunch of overpaid bottle jobs. Thought they had it sewn up. We'll finish 5th. No C.L. Modric and Bale fudge off along with Harry. Nothing and nobody left to attract anyone decent.

Harry should have knocked all the England gonad*s on the head. His head was turned, and he was happy to become a fudging media tart, laughing and joking about it.

The joys of being a Spurs fan.

Rant over

I think it comes to a small mind mentality when it comes to crucial games whether by our players or by Redknapp. We played with fear against the worst Arsenal team we have seen in a long time and a poor Utd performance was enough also. Against Everton, we panicked and allowed them to dictate the mediocre performance that we saw. If you were truly to go knee jerk you would have to say Redknapp has been found out at the top level and when the pressure is on he folds in to defensive tactics and hopes for the best.

I find it incredible how the same factors are ingrained at football clubs. Look at United, they always have the winning mentality. Look at our poor record against certain teams over the years. The players change, the managers change, but you still get the same results, what causes it?

FFS! Even if Arsenal do win on Monday night, which is likely, guess where we are in the Premiership? Yup, that's right we're third and still people whinge when we go through a patch of poor form. Pull yourself together, losing is never a good thing but it's what you do from here that counts. We still have an advantage and there's no reason now why we can't embark on good form against sides that, aside from Chelsea, we ought to beat.

We will finish third, and a lot of people will look very silly in the summer for their overreaction to a few defeats; two of which were against Arsenal and Manchester United and the third of which was against a team which has recently also defeated both Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

Lets calm down. We will be fine.

I was upset after the Arsenal and United games but i think we were good second half today. We deserved to get a point at least from that game.

We will beat Bolton and we'll be in semi final of the Fa Cup.

We knew we had some hard away fixtures coming up, yes some of the players are not playing very well and Harry is making mistakes but we will be fine.

We'll be in the champions league next season and we'll play in the fa cup final.

Jesus, jokes are one thing but I do believe you're serious.

Calm down, mate. Like Charlieyid said, we've only really had two bad halves of football over this three match losing run. We basttered United for ninety minutes, and held our own for 35-ish minutes at Arsenal. Here, we were bullcrap for the first 45 but recovered admirably in the second. So we've not been playing all that badly. Once we get Lennon back, we'll be fine.

Now if only the same could be said about our set-pieces...

i hope the fudging thing has been deleted like i suggested weeks ago, it will come back and bite us on the arse, markmywordz

dont know who posted it but I'm still haunted by the comment "If we fudge it up from here I dont know what else can happen", in defence of that thread.

Why on Earth should we delete that thread?

Are we that scared of the Goons that we need to cease to mention them entirely in order to better our chances of finishing above them?

All those years when they had a 'Let's Laugh at Tottenham' thread, do you think they wanted to shut it down when we got close to them?

The thread must stay, in my opinion. We have to be able to point at the Woolwich Wanderers and laugh. It's all we can do. If fate is still a bitch to us, fine. At least we took her capriciousness like men, not scared, whimpering pansies.

They must be laughed at. And it is us who must do the laughing.

Amazing what a loss against our north london rivals, the best team of the past 20 years and a tricky everton side who have beaten Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project in their past two home games can do.

Would love to see what everyone says if we go on to win our next 3

Amazing what a loss against our north london rivals, the best team of the past 20 years and a tricky everton side who have beaten Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project in their past two home games can do.

Great post

[-o<

Lets calm down. We will be fine.

I was upset after the Arsenal and United games but i think we were good second half today. We deserved to get a point at least from that game.

We will beat Bolton and we'll be in semi final of the Fa Cup.

We knew we had some hard away fixtures coming up, yes some of the players are not playing very well and Harry is making mistakes but we will be fine.

We'll be in the champions league next season and we'll play in the fa cup final.

Deserved............but didn't.

There is no league table for "deserved" points

Back