• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

Lloris

Walker
Daws
Vlad
Rose

Sandro

Lennon
Dembele
Townsend

Eriksen

Ade

The back four picks itself due to injuries (if Verts was fit I'd bring him in over Chiriches NOT because Vlad deserves it -personally I think Daws has been dodgier- but because you cannot drop the skipper at this point in the season)…

Sandro as the shield is a given…I'd want my speedies out there and Dembele gets the nod over Bentaleb because of his powers and strength…Eriksen operates behind Ade to create, the two are linking well…Bentaleb on for Sandro as the game wears on OR put Dembele back there and Bentaleb in his spot…

I think we will beat them. 3-2.

That would be my starting X1.

Team and bench is too difficult to pick when we have a fully fit squad, some very good players will be missing out.

And Chadli.

P426_zps52a3b991.png

:ross: Loving it. A Sam Allardyce Bolton formation if ever I saw one

Xavi rates him as the best one touch passer in their team iirc. Saw some interview where he praised the guy for it

Ok seeing as the walking wounded played the wee spammers (at least we gave finally beaten them!) - who goes straight in?

Verts you'd think would but does Sherwood break up the daws Chiriches partnership?

What about Pauli do we risk him in such a big game? Against Stike he was marvellous but can he recapture that? And who drops out?

We all want the Beast to play but is it worth the risk to rush him back?

If they're fit I'd bring Verts and Sandro back in.

Yes, it's a bit harsh on those being dropped, but it's not like we've kept 8 clean sheets under Tim.

Ok seeing as the walking wounded played the wee spammers (at least we gave finally beaten them!) - who goes straight in?

Verts you'd think would but does Sherwood break up the daws Chiriches partnership?

What about Pauli do we risk him in such a big game? Against Stike he was marvellous but can he recapture that? And who drops out?

We all want the Beast to play but is it worth the risk to rush him back?

Its impossible for any of us to know the level of fitness of those 4. Might be that one or two are fit enough and a couple arent

If we go by just the friendly, then Sandro is further from returning seeing as he got less time on the pitch. The other problem is that although he is young, Bentaleb has been very influential in the midfield and I'd fancy him and Eriksen to find a few pockets here and there, if anything a DM alongside those two is probably all we could ask for so if Sandro is too much of a risk, then Capoue is our best bet.

Personally I reckon we will keep the same lineup from the Swansea game. Maybe a switch to the wonky 442 if things don't work out

If we go by just the friendly, then Sandro is further from returning seeing as he got less time on the pitch. The other problem is that although he is young, Bentaleb has been very influential in the midfield and I'd fancy him and Eriksen to find a few pockets here and there, if anything a DM alongside those two is probably all we could ask for so if Sandro is too much of a risk, then Capoue is our best bet.

Personally I reckon we will keep the same lineup from the Swansea game. Maybe a switch to the wonky 442 if things don't work out

I think you are right! I think we need a DM in this game.

Question is though is Capoue hankering for a move? because I think if we are going to win this not one of our players can have below a 7/10 peformance, is he focused to put in a peformance for us with the transfer window looming? if the answers are yes & then no then I hope Sandro is ready!

I think this is a massive game for City actually.

They have a lot of the top 6/7 to play away from home in their run-in. It's all well and good for them to blow team (including some top teams) away at the Etihad, but it could be argued still that they still haven't shown this sort of form away from home. Ours is the first of the toughie away games they have left. they'll want to erase some doubts about their away form with a win. In fact a draw for them, whilst losing points in their title charge could be a big mental blow.

This either means they will be starting the game all guns blazing or have cautious approach to being with and hope to tactically outwit us as the game goes on.
Either way, it will be a fascinating game to watch unfold (though more easy to watch in that way for the neutrals!)

Back