• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

Re: How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!

Simple. Dodgy lasagne.
That's our best bet.

Or we could park the bus? Literally I mean.

sandro-e1386240185189.png

Do you think Spurs have ever eaten lasagne pre-match day since then?

Re: How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!

Do you think Spurs have ever eaten lasagne pre-match day since then?

Lasagne was served the next day, you know, right back up on the horse and all.

This match thread is pretty good, if you look past all the ****.

Ok so thinking cap on.......

this is what I expect us to face:

Hart

Zabeleta Kompany Nastasic Kolarov

Navas Toure Fernandinho Silva

Aguero Negredo

As I have already said I think that there is two ways we could possibly beat them.....we could try the Sunderland,Villa & Cardiff route. That would mean setting up deep and absorbing a lot of pressure we would have to play with a disciplined defensive midfielder and our best chance of scoring would be from the counter attack or from a set piece.

Or we could try (inverted commas's) and play the bayern way where they outnumbered city in midfield and beat them at the etihad with excellent wing play, controlled possesion.

I do think that matching them in a 4-4-2 would play right into their hands and would be tactical suicide.

I do not think Tim will choose the 'park the bus' option......due to bravado and pride.....I hope he doesnt revert back to 4-4-2 as they have better strikers and are more versed with that formation than we are. So I say we TRY and replicate what Bayern did at the etihad this season in the champs league and win with a bit of style...really difficult but I think we have the players to give us a shot.

So before I put the team I would play and how I would set us up I want to put some thoughts down about their team and how they have been playing.

1. I have noticed they have conceded alot from corners recently....unfortunately we dont usually excel here so practise corners and come up with some new drills.
2. Zabeleta is awesome and the thought of him and Navas doubling against Rose worries me....whoever plays in front of Rose needs to work butt off.
3. Dont know who will partner Kompany but I hope its Demechelis....he doesnt look suited to the english game and looks like a weak link.
4. If your Dzeko/negredo/Aguero you would relish coming up against Dawson due to previous experiences.....it will also make Dawson nervous.....I want it known that I respect the fact that Dawson has put in some decent peformances recently and has been part of our winning run....I would worry that he would produce a reckless mistake like he did against Bony on Sunday that we were lucky to get away with....I also think Daws needs a rest and would be well earned.....not in my team for this one.
5.Kolarov's set pieces are excellent so the team need to be careful regarding needless fouls.
6.Please whatever you do spurs dont pass it to lloris from kick off....in fact dont play it to lloris unless its unavoidable!!!!!! Aguero will just rat around we will look nervous as hell and recycle possesion. I would rather we just launch one to Ade than play it back to lloris....for some reason I said in swansea ratings his distribution was better (brainfart on my account) I think squawka said about 2 out of 23 lloris kicks found a spurs man.
7.City have played non stop recently and the likes of Toure have been looking a little jaded recently they have rotated but not to much at cm...if we could give Toure & Fernandinho the run around for period of time that will play into our hands.....and if we are good on the ball then Aguero may get disheartened and stop ratting around.

SO!!!

Hugo

Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose

Sandro

Bentaleb

Lennon Eriksen Townsend

Ade

Nabil plays because his passing has been amazing and we will need him to control our tempo and keep us ticking, Dembele you might think is needed to physical it out with toure but he would lose!!!!!perhaps the only player who can hoist Moose of the ball.....a passer is needed more imo
Sandro plays and must have an epic peformance watching aguero dropping and Silva coming inside & stopping Toure surges...break it up give it to Nabil
Townsend plays because I believe his direct style would cause City problems and would compliment azza's style on the right....not quite Ribery & Robben but its the closest we have to that style.
Ade's remit is to get between the cb's and try and avoid Kompany the better of the two..... get Erik with those first time crosses and go go gadget legs/head!!!!!

So there you go have a bang on that!!!!! bet in pay naaaaaaargh! be glad Im not at the helm cause this is how I would go....fitness permitting!!!

Ok so thinking cap on.......

this is what I expect us to face:

Hart

Zabeleta Kompany Nastasic Kolarov

Navas Toure Fernandinho Silva

Aguero Negredo

As I have already said I think that there is two ways we could possibly beat them.....we could try the Sunderland,Villa & Cardiff route. That would mean setting up deep and absorbing a lot of pressure we would have to play with a disciplined defensive midfielder and our best chance of scoring would be from the counter attack or from a set piece.

Or we could try (inverted commas's) and play the bayern way where they outnumbered city in midfield and beat them at the etihad with excellent wing play, controlled possesion.

I do think that matching them in a 4-4-2 would play right into their hands and would be tactical suicide.

I do not think Tim will choose the 'park the bus' option......due to bravado and pride.....I hope he doesnt revert back to 4-4-2 as they have better strikers and are more versed with that formation than we are. So I say we TRY and replicate what Bayern did at the etihad this season in the champs league and win with a bit of style...really difficult but I think we have the players to give us a shot.

So before I put the team I would play and how I would set us up I want to put some thoughts down about their team and how they have been playing.

1. I have noticed they have conceded alot from corners recently....unfortunately we dont usually excel here so practise corners and come up with some new drills.
2. Zabeleta is awesome and the thought of him and Navas doubling against Rose worries me....whoever plays in front of Rose needs to work butt off.
3. Dont know who will partner Kompany but I hope its Demechelis....he doesnt look suited to the english game and looks like a weak link.
4. If your Dzeko/negredo/Aguero you would relish coming up against Dawson due to previous experiences.....it will also make Dawson nervous.....I want it known that I respect the fact that Dawson has put in some decent peformances recently and has been part of our winning run....I would worry that he would produce a reckless mistake like he did against Bony on Sunday that we were lucky to get away with....I also think Daws needs a rest and would be well earned.....not in my team for this one.
5.Kolarov's set pieces are excellent so the team need to be careful regarding needless fouls.
6.Please whatever you do spurs dont pass it to lloris from kick off....in fact dont play it to lloris unless its unavoidable!!!!!! Aguero will just rat around we will look nervous as hell and recycle possesion. I would rather we just launch one to Ade than play it back to lloris....for some reason I said in swansea ratings his distribution was better (brainfart on my account) I think squawka said about 2 out of 23 lloris kicks found a spurs man.
7.City have played non stop recently and the likes of Toure have been looking a little jaded recently they have rotated but not to much at cm...if we could give Toure & Fernandinho the run around for period of time that will play into our hands.....and if we are good on the ball then Aguero may get disheartened and stop ratting around.

SO!!!

Hugo

Walker Chiriches Vertonghen Rose

Sandro

Bentaleb

Lennon Eriksen Townsend

Ade

Nabil plays because his passing has been amazing and we will need him to control our tempo and keep us ticking, Dembele you might think is needed to physical it out with toure but he would lose!!!!!perhaps the only player who can hoist Moose of the ball.....a passer is needed more imo
Sandro plays and must have an epic peformance watching aguero dropping and Silva coming inside & stopping Toure surges...break it up give it to Nabil
Townsend plays because I believe his direct style would cause City problems and would compliment azza's style on the right....not quite Ribery & Robben but its the closest we have to that style.
Ade's remit is to get between the cb's and try and avoid Kompany the better of the two..... get Erik with those first time crosses and go go gadget legs/head!!!!!

So there you go have a bang on that!!!!! bet in pay naaaaaaargh! be glad Im not at the helm cause this is how I would go....fitness permitting!!!

I'd agree with 10 of those 11 but not sure about Townsend on the left. Is he the best option to give Rose the assistance he needs?

I agree that if we're to get a result we need to put them on the back foot- there is very little chance if we set out to keep them out.

I would over load the middle to give us a bit of protection. Key for me is Sandro being fit- Bentsen has been great but for me we need Sandro skill set more for this one. I think Sherwood will go with Moose if only because he can get up and down when needed. Eriksen for me is the other cm and we need him to be on song.

I agree with Nigeyman (top post btw) with trying to pin back their full backs with a Townsend Lenon combo on both wings, but my worry would be would Tpwnsend be good enough to provide defensive support to Rosé? Their fbs are a worry but Navas for me is also a big threat some Rose will need more help. I think Shrwood may go with Chadli on the left but who knows.

Centre defence is key- would be really good to get Verts back in what will be a gargantuan effort to keep citehs forwards ar bay. Dawson is prone to the odd brain fart which luckily haven't cost is yet and I think Sherwood will back him for this one. Chiriches has done well of late but Daws edges it for me for some unknown reason.

I agree that the player should definitely be up for this one given the drubbing we got last time but for me that is not going to be enough.

I cant ****ing endorse this **** of a match thread.

the curse of the match thread gods will fall on Tim sherwood and his merry men.

you have brought doom and destruction to the game against city...we may never recover

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIiT!!!!

I cant ****ing endorse this **** of a match thread.

the curse of the match thread gods will fall on Tim sherwood and his merry men.

you have brought doom and destruction to the game against city...we may never recover

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIiT!!!!

MHuW96t.gif

Last edited:
Africanspurs - we clearly need to do something different against Emirates Marketing Project, so maybe this OMT (though I am not condoning it) should reflect that something different \o/ of course if it all goes pear-shaped I'm expecting the Mod that Stickied this to take the Flak :)

Vive le Badger, and Sir Timothy of Sherwood (well he should get knighted if he can pull this off against the all conquering Emirates Marketing Project) and his band of Merry Men led by Little Ade and Friar Lennon.

Roberto Mancini has claimed that Emirates Marketing Project's stellar campaign is down to the team he "built" when manager. The Italian also dismissed the role of his successor, Manuel Pellegrini, stating he had done precisely the same three years ago.

Mancini was sacked towards the end of last season and under Pellegrini City are the only side who can win an unprecedented quadruple, with the Blues having already reached the Capital One Cup final.

Yet Mancini is adamant that this success is because of him. "I'm happy that Emirates Marketing Project is one of the best teams in England because I built this team. I think Pellegrini is doing a good job but what is happening now at Emirates Marketing Project, we did three years ago. It's the same.

"The players that score the goals are players that I bought – Sergio Agüero, Edin Dzeko, Yaya Touré, David Silva and Samir Nasri," he told BBC World Service. "I'm very happy about what I did in Manchester, I love the Emirates Marketing Project supporters and I had a fantastic experience.

"After four or five years, maybe the manager needs to change the team. I did my job, I built a fantastic team, we played fantastic football and we didn't win last year only because Manchester United bought Robin van Persie. He was the difference, if not I think that would have changed the history in Manchester over the last three years. We played really good football and now they are continuing to do this."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/22/roberto-mancini-manchester-city-success

More badgers ! More animals ! Appease the OMT Gods !! What did we use when we beat them to get CL qualification ??

I think we should have 10 back, Ade up front on the halfway line, get Azza and Rose to pelt wide on the counter. Simple !!!

Oh, crap OMT btw ... thought you could get away with 'this is a tactical discussion thread ??" Noobies ... [-X

I'd agree with 10 of those 11 but not sure about Townsend on the left. Is he the best option to give Rose the assistance he needs?

I did say whoever plays in front of Rose would need to put in a massive shift....I think 10 days worth of nagging in Townsends ear about tracking Zabelata ought to do the trick.

I think being at home I reckon Townsend could have a good ol go at city!!! if you look at the team I selected one thing I like is the balance (all the lefties where you want them!)

To clarify because my formation looks do doo, Eriksen I would ask to fill the role of cm,amf, basically I would say unto Christian 'roam to ye hearts contenteth my Danish little snuggle bum'

OKAY OKAY THIS OMT IS AN ABOMINATION!!!!

BLAH BLAH BLAH.......

anyone else up to providing any golden nuggets as to how we can beat these feckers???????

or do I havet do it all on jack jones ffs

According to Gutter Boy we shouldn't be worried about Mehgredo :ross:

I think we have to get at them on the wings use our pace. Imperative we play with a proper DM and we cannot go 4-4-2 against them we will get slaughtered they have better players who are more used to that system. This will not be easy but they have lost to some sides much worse than us this year so it isn't impossible we will just have to be very disciplined and take our chances. While their attacking firepower is almost unfair their back 4 is a little suspect. They have let in a fair amount of goals although it usually doesn't matter.

I would go with

--------------Lloris-----------------

Walker-----Vertonghen---Vlad-----Rose

Lennon-------Sandro----Bentaleb----Townsend

----------------Eriksen--------------------

----------Adebayor---------------------

3-5 Emirates Marketing Project

Well, this badger's breakfast of an OMT might be working some sort of perverse voodoo for our benefit. The Mail has a story and photo of Negredo with his arm in a sling after being injured against Waste Ham.

Now they've got an FA Cup match with Watford on Saturday. Who's next to join their walking wounded? They'll have to plan their squad carefully as they host Chelsea after they play us.

My nine year old son has picked this team:

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vertonghen Rose

Sandro Benteleb

Lamela Eriksen Chadli

Adebayor

He reckons we can't allow them any time on the ball as they are liable to play through us. I pointed out that we probably don't want to play the high defensive line as Aguero is likely to exploit the space in behind - he's gone to bed now but thinking of how to reconcile these two points.

Hopefully we'll have an update tomorrow.

Back