• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
So the stand by list is: Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge.

Right, I'd of had Jagielka in the full squad and Lescott on the stand by list. I'd also of had Barry instead of Henderson and Carrick in the main team. I'd also of had Sturridge in the squad and put Milner on the stand by list.

we dont have many central defenders that can play the left side of a partnership....Lescott can if Terry is injured/suspended

From an England point of view - pleasing, because Hodgson is picking "his own men". That's what previous bosses have not been prepared to do.

From a Spurs point of view - BAD news. Why? Because Kyle Walker, Aaron Lennon, possibly Scott Parker, possibly Gareth Bale, are now available for the Olympics...

Which means they'll all miss the opening month of the season if GB get far right?

I can definitely see Bale in the GB team. I think Beckham will be included so lets hope Lennon stays. Parker will be at the Euro's so hopefully won't be "fit" enough for Olympics, hopefully Walker isn't fit enough by the start of it.

IMO I would have swapped these players:

Glenn Johnson for Micah Richards
Frank Lampard for Michael Carrick
Theo Walcott for Aaron Lennon
John Terry (****) for Jagielka

Forster? (Broke records for most clean sheets in Scotland, won the league etc.)
Stockdale? (Impressive young keeper)

well if you want Forster then why arent you championing Celtic's Hooper for one of the striking positions?? Its not as if we are so blessed in the forward dept either and Hooper has been ripping it up in Scotland for the last 18 months

well if you want Forster then why arent you championing Celtic's Hooper for one of the striking positions?? Its not as if we are so blessed in the forward dept either and Hooper has been ripping it up in Scotland for the last 18 months

I'd definitely of picked Hooper over Carroll.

Sigh. I hope Hodgson knows what he's doing.

Come on Engerlund and all that tired old jazz.

Honestly, what's the point when Gerrard, Lampard and Terry resolutely remain in the squad? The 'Golden Generation' of overpaid, over-entitled, half-assed primadonnas we've seen fail at tournament after tournament.

Roy, if I may, your first lesson about the England job you've been given;

Drop all three. You dropped Rio, now drop the rest. Hell, drop Cashley. The negative influence they bring ends up being a burden on the team. Start anew, start afresh after these Euros. Drop them all, pick the younger, hungrier players.

A first eleven like;

-----------Hart-------------

Richards-Lescott-Cahill-Baines

-------Carrick--Parker-------

Lennon-----Rooney-----Young

------------Carroll-----------

wouldn't have won many games, granted, but it might have brought a smile to the faces of the England supporters, seeing most of the Golden boys shoved unceremoniously out the back door.

Sigh. Well, you learn on the job, I suppose. Good luck, Roy. I sincerely hope you do the nation proud in the months (and hopefully years) to come.

But with Terry, Gerrard, Lampard et al around, I somehow don't think you will.

its not natural for them and they dont look comfortable

I don't know, Ferdinand pretty much used to play there for West Ham and some time for Leeds. He plays there for Man Utd when he is alongside one of Jones or Smalling I believe ?

IMO I would have swapped these players:

Glenn Johnson for Micah Richards
Frank Lampard for Michael Carrick
Theo Walcott for Aaron Lennon
John Terry (****) for Jagielka

Lampard has been pretty good this season hasn't he ?

Gerrard has been toss - would have Lamps and Carrick in there

Back