• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
am sure Azza will be massively disappointed...but tbh, i am happy that he will get to rest & recuperate and come back properly fit next season.

i guess the downing over lennon thing is because downing is left footed so will provide more natural width on the left rather than cutting in all the time, the only problem with that is that DOWNING IS A MASSIVE BAG OF TOSS toss!

i'd have personally built my team around Grant Holt, and taken a crazy gang of choppers and workhorses. we're not gonna outplay europes best so we might as well go route one whilst seeing how many opposition players we can injure in the process, but like the dutch in the world cup final against the spanish but more extreme. that would be far more entertaining than the usual dross we have to go through!

Unlike the dull squad, that really made me laugh! Thank-you

from elsewhere

A Not-Going England XI:
Foster,
Richards, Gibbs, Ferdinand, Jagielka,
Lennon, Scholes, Carrick, Johnson,
Holt, Crouch

.....................Hart........................
Johnson...Terry......Cahill.......Cole
Walcott...Gerrard..Lampard..Downing
..............Carroll......Defoe.................

?

.................Hart

Johnson...Cahill...Terry....Cole

...........Parker Lampard

.....Walcott..Gerrard..Young

..........Carroll/then Rooney

The old romantic John Ruddy offered to cancel his wedding in the event of Euro 2012 selection - but the soft-hearted FA wouldn't hear of it.

Rob Green, Stewart Downing, Oxlade-Chamberlain, James Milner, Andy fudging Carroll, Danny Welbeck ?

You have seriously got to be bricking me.

from elsewhere

A Not-Going England XI:
Foster,
Richards, Gibbs, Ferdinand, Jagielka,
Lennon, Scholes, Carrick, Johnson,
Holt, Crouch

If we're being honest, you'd put Wheelchair instead of Scholes (considering he is retired from International football) and put Jagielka cb and Gibbs left back. Isn't Foster retired too? Then I'd have Forster (from Celtic) there.

am sure Azza will be massively disappointed...but tbh, i am happy that he will get to rest & recuperate and come back properly fit next season.

nah,more time to hit the beaches, smokes some cigars, chill out with Thudd

So the stand by list is: Jack Butland, Phil Jagielka, Jordan Henderson, Adam Johnson, Daniel Sturridge.

Right, I'd of had Jagielka in the full squad and Lescott on the stand by list. I'd also of had Barry instead of Henderson and Carrick in the main team. I'd also of had Sturridge in the squad and put Milner on the stand by list.

Robert Green? Butland? Thats a joke right.

Where are Scholes, carrick, adam johnson, kyle walker, sturridge?

Scholes = Retired from Internationals
Carrick = NO IDEA!
Johnson = Not match fit or not getting games is the ONLY reason I can imagine?
Walker = Injured
Sturridge = Once again, no idea. Off form?

From an England point of view - pleasing, because Hodgson is picking "his own men". That's what previous bosses have not been prepared to do.

From a Spurs point of view - BAD news. Why? Because Kyle Walker, Aaron Lennon, possibly Scott Parker, possibly Gareth Bale, are now available for the Olympics...

Back