• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Seeing as Foster was with Hodgson at WBA, I'm surprised he didn't convince him to come out of retirement, he's had a great season.

Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard lol

I cant wait till England fail, its going to be so funny watching the media mention it should have been Harry instead of Woy and I'll completely agree with them.

Hodgson says that Chamberlain "has given one or two performances that has made quite an impression on me".

That sounds about right. One or two performances.

I think this squad is brick. Bad choices from Hodgson. We needed a bit of fresh air and all we`re getting is the same old bottles like Lampard and Green.

Green cant catch a ball, yet is in the squad, i think thats the worst decision. He was the black cat 2 year ago with that mistake. We needed a new start.

Another tournament trying to shoe horn Lampard and Gerrard into the same team!

Glad Lennon's not in it, don't want Spurs players anywhere near the England circus. Hopefully Parkers injury will rule him out too.

Hodgson says that Chamberlain "has given one or two performances that has made quite an impression on me".

That sounds about right. One or two performances.

Also said that he was impressed with the way Chamberlain 'dealt with Ambrosini and Pirlo' against Milan. Pirlo plays for Juve and Ambrosini was suspended..........

Carroll I can accept, he causes problems with his height and strength and does not get loads of free kicks against him like crouch does.

But Downing! FFS and no Sturridge! i would have left Terry and Ferdinand at home and gone with a new back four. And I would not have minded chamberlain if he was taking a young squad, but he isnt so it makes no sense.

Defoe and Drowning - absolute jokes. We're not even going to get out of the group are we.

Good news is that it might add a couple of ?úk to Defoe price for QPR/Southampton/Reading, so they can have an England 'international' (snigger) leading them back into the championship next season.

From an England point of view - pleasing, because Hodgson is picking "his own men". That's what previous bosses have not been prepared to do.

From a Spurs point of view - BAD news. Why? Because Kyle Walker, Aaron Lennon, possibly Scott Parker, possibly Gareth Bale, are now available for the Olympics...

Parker won't be picked because players who are in the squad for the European Championships will not be in the Olympics squad. Walker and Bale will almost certainly be there. I think, given the quality Hodgson has left out, Lennon won't be in it either.

I fear Hodgson was just too close to the action with WBA and I hope we see better squads in future. Still, I think people underestimate what simply having a decent man manager at international level can do. I remember the doom and gloom leading up to Euro 96. It looked a very average squad on paper, they'd been playing very poorly under both Venables and Taylor before that and yet look what happened at the championships.

i would have picked the Ox and i woujld have picked milner

wouldnt have picked downing..

would have picked carrick and scholes

Stevie G'ss form and fitness have been suspect all season. How has he got into the squad? Talk about forgetting the lessons of history... they will never learn and keep making the same elementary mistakes when it comes to team selection.

Eh. For all the bother about the squad, the only thing that comes to mind is:

It's only England.

I'm really not bothered. I'll watch the matches that might look good during the Euro's but i won't pick to watch England just because their English.

Club > Country.

Back