• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Ouch. Villa losing a key player for the rest of the season.

As per The Athletic:

Aston Villa midfielder Boubacar Kamara is out for the remainder of the season after suffering a suspected anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury.

The 24-year-old sustained the injury to his right knee during the 2-1 Premier League defeat to Manchester United on Sunday, being replaced in the 65th minute by Moussa Diaby.

A shame they couldn't have nicked a draw with Man U. That, and Kamara's injury, would have served our purposes nicely. Still, had we not had a litany of injuries, suspension and international duty absences, neither club would be remotely close to us. Which means karma being the bitch karma is, Man U are due a swack of debilitating injuries/suspensions.

Ouch. Villa losing a key player for the rest of the season.

As per The Athletic:

Aston Villa midfielder Boubacar Kamara is out for the remainder of the season after suffering a suspected anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury.

The 24-year-old sustained the injury to his right knee during the 2-1 Premier League defeat to Manchester United on Sunday, being replaced in the 65th minute by Moussa Diaby.

A shame they couldn't have nicked a draw with Man U. That, and Kamara's injury, would have served our purposes nicely. Still, had we not had a litany of injuries, suspension and international duty absences, neither club would be remotely close to us. Which means karma being the bitch karma is, Man U are due a swack of debilitating injuries/suspensions.

I think to be fair. United, like us, have already had their share of injuries earlier in this season. Certainly not all first team starters, but at one point IIRC they had almost as many players out as we did, which contributed to their poor form at the time.

EPL Injury news says they currently have 6 out. Saying that it also says Liverpool have 10 missing, so I am not totally sure how accurate that is

I think to be fair. United, like us, have already had their share of injuries earlier in this season. Certainly not all first team starters, but at one point IIRC they had almost as many players out as we did, which contributed to their poor form at the time.

EPL Injury news says they currently have 6 out. Saying that it also says Liverpool have 10 missing, so I am not totally sure how accurate that is

Got to factor in anyone at Liverpool is world class even the tea lady (person/they/them/whatever)

All out with asthma.

I didn't think Roy was right again for Palace but think he deserves more respect off Palace and their fans for today, celebrating the new manager who hasn't been announced all over the shop when he has clearly been really ill today given the "stable" talk.

He's not been officially sacked has he yet?

I've got a lot of time and respect for Hodgson, but in this stint especially the guy has made a lot of disparaging comments towards the fans, players and academy products. He's usually has the grace to apologize but the comments still haven't sat right.

I've got a lot of time and respect for Hodgson, but in this stint especially the guy has made a lot of disparaging comments towards the fans, players and academy products. He's usually has the grace to apologize but the comments still haven't sat right.
According to Romano he is.

I think he was just too old, him and the players are so far away in culture and modern fans are too demanding. I can understand his frustration with academy players for years Palace have had some exceptional young player in their system yet few have made it, I saw them often before covid and some of their friends don't look good to have around.

Oh 100% there have been moments that he has made me raise my eyebrows, slating the youngster who came on against us was one.

I just think all in its place and time. Not a well bloke and Palace fans celebrating the new manager on socials, doesn't sit amazingly well with me

Oh 100% there have been moments that he has made me raise my eyebrows, slating the youngster who came on against us was one.

I just think all in its place and time. Not a well bloke and Palace fans celebrating the new manager on socials, doesn't sit amazingly well with me

Yeah it's unfortunate timing I suppose.

Anyone who would be celebrating someone like that being in ill health isn't worth the time but I think a lot of it would be relief at the feeling of moving on as a club (in terms of a new appointment) rather than enjoying someone suffering. It might not actually work out but it's a bit miserable if you can't at least hope that things will get better with a new change in direction..

@Kandi1977 To me Romano isn't as much of a fat lady singing as he is others, I don't doubt that the guy is more connected than most but still occasionally gets it wrong. It's still a personal bug bear that people talk about speculated eventualities as if they are 100%, the transfer windows are a nightmare for this as poor tense usage means having to Google / scout the OS to see if someone is jumping to a conclusion...

Interesting to see Liverpool players can punch the ball in the box and still get the corner.

Co-commentator then says Brentford fans unhappy about that, but he made a mistake its gone now, you just have to accept it.

Would be interesting if Klopp would have the same view they other way arounf, especially if it had led to a Brentford gaol from the keeper

Back