• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

It's the type of thing I am still waiting for us to get at Old Trafford, as we still wait for 'The Mendes Goal' to be evened out, as I keep getting told things like that even themselves out over the course of time....

I think Martial's red card last season was a bit of a counter-balance.

It was Fred, who fouled him.

But for me thats irrelevant. He is not able to make the save, so it should not count.

Are you saying Keepers should be treated differently to other players? If Fred kicks Maguire instead of DeGea and he goes down does the goal stand? If that goal got disallowed we would have keepers going down like nine pins when ever they made a mistake to fake injuries.

Whatever the outcome, it was appalling from De Gea, he was barely touched yet went down, facing away from play during an attack. Surely the instinct of a player, especially a keeper, is to front up first until the play is over...then go down like a pussy if you really feel you have to. Rangnick watching that should have very loud alarm bells going off about his keeper.

Whatever the outcome, it was appalling from De Gea, he was barely touched yet went down, facing away from play during an attack. Surely the instinct of a player, especially a keeper, is to front up first until the play is over...then go down like a pussy if you really feel you have to. Rangnick watching that should have very loud alarm bells going off about his keeper.

The game has been conditioned to over protect keepers, De Gea knew what would happen, he did the right thing.

A keeper not overreacting would raise alarm bells for me.

You play to the whistle. There is no controversy there it’s only because it goes against the best supported club.

Caravan club are a dull side to watch. Thought their fans only accept attractive football ? League position must of blinded them to it . Awful. Just look dangerous from set pieces.

0-1 from a set piece

At the time I was annoyed about the De Gea goal (mainly because it was Arse), but thinking about it if a keeper is feigning injury than the correct call us is to play on. There's no way he was injured there.

However, hopefully it means other teams are now encouraged to play on when Woolwich players fake injury.

2-2 and I would have to say it's anybodies game really
Chelsea never make mistakes against us like they have today
West Ham with 2 defenders going off with what looks like hammies though so thats good

Mendy has been apalling today
So many mistake from Chelsea, never seem to do these sort of things against us do they
Lucky lucky West Ham

Yep.

It was the same when they beat Liverpool. 3 howlers from Allison.

They are not going away this season. They are better than most in the league and get lucky against the best.

Lucky bastards. Weird goal, I think he tried to whip it caught it wrong and got a sort of knuckle ball effect on it. Don't think you can blame Mendy for that, just a freak goal.

Yep.

It was the same when they beat Liverpool. 3 howlers from Allison.

They are not going away this season. They are better than most in the league and get lucky against the best.

I would expect them to fade. They’re decent but limited. However my fear is that a narrative builds up that “plucky” West Ham and Moyes “deserve” to finish in the top 4 and they start to get refs and even other teams who have nothing to play for towards the end of the season buying into that. It’s what won Leicester the league.
Yes I’m still bitter.

Back