• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

It's a terrible crisis when forced to put a £100 million player on the bench and actually use him for a few minutes. Tragic.

Which makes it even stranger that City coughed up for a player they didn't need, one Pep is reluctant to use, even in an emergency, and were half-arsed over a player who could have made a substantial difference.

I suspect pep didn't want harry because he's to big a figure.
The focus would shift from pep to harry kane, England captain, record goal scorer, pl goal scorer (when it happens, and it would if he was at city), etc.
It would no longer be about pep the genius.

Im not sure what I think about that pen. he did not get any of the ball, but Fred just put his leg in between and then went down. I would be upset if that was against spurs. But its against the scum. So who cares.

Everyone should try and look at the first goal in this match.

How can that be given? De Gea is down injured after a corner, Atkinson does not blow his whistle and Smith-Rowe kicks it into the empty net.

Surely the the goal cant be given, when the goalkeeper is not able to make the save.

How can that be given? De Gea is down injured after a corner, Atkinson does not blow his whistle and Smith-Rowe kicks it into the empty net.

Surely the the goal cant be given, when the goalkeeper is not able to make the save.

I didnt see that. But who fouled him? if it was his own players then? cant just kick your own player and he goes down to stop play ;)

It's the type of thing I am still waiting for us to get at Old Trafford, as we still wait for 'The Mendes Goal' to be evened out, as I keep getting told things like that even themselves out over the course of time....

I didnt see that. But who fouled him? if it was his own players then? cant just kick your own player and he goes down to stop play ;)

It was Fred, who fouled him.

But for me thats irrelevant. He is not able to make the save, so it should not count.

No if you’re taken out by your own player , as he was goal should stand. Still lucky tho

Ok, you are spot on.

Just found the explanation in the BBC Live update:

Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal

612e6134-12fe-4994-a766-1b101b1e8a1a.jpg

Ian Dennis

BBC Radio 5 Live senior football reporter on BBC Radio 5 Live

We have a Premier League ruling on the goal. So, the referee blew the whistle after the ball had crossed the line. VAR was able to decide whether there was a foul on De Gea. The contact was clearly by his own player so it was able to rule that it was a goal.

I get why you think that. But think about how this could be subverted. A team is in a good spot. And you foul your own keeper to get the play stopped. Its not right but in a way I can see why this cannot be a thing.

and if you can foul a teammate and get the decision, penalties galore

Great games today and outstanding results. Looking at the table, we're one point behind Arsenal and two back of West Ham. But have a game in hand now.

As long as we can keep pace with those teams above us, all we need is to win the postponed game and we go top four.

Seriously, who would'a thunk that after Man U trounced us 3-0?

This season has all sorts of reasons to be optimistic about. Not the least of which is having a manager on board who is addicted to winning and achievement. And we'd never have got him had we won or drawn against Man U.

Funny ol' game, eh?

Great games today and outstanding results. Looking at the table, we're one point behind Arsenal and two back of West Ham. But have a game in hand now.

As long as we can keep pace with those teams above us, all we need is to win the postponed game and we go top four.

Seriously, who would'a thunk that after Man U trounced us 3-0?

This season has all sorts of reasons to be optimistic about. Not the least of which is having a manager on board who is addicted to winning and achievement. And we'd never have got him had we won or drawn against Man U.

Funny ol' game, eh?

I watched that game with a United mate. We both thought it was a playoff to see who sacked their manager first. So lets look on the bright side of what happened.

We have a Premier League ruling on the goal. So, the referee blew the whistle after the ball had crossed the line. VAR was able to decide whether there was a foul on De Gea. The contact was clearly by his own player so it was able to rule that it was a goal.

It's unfortunate if he was really injured, but it has to be that way. Otherwise goalies who come out to punch the ball in a crowd would always go down injured as bad punches couldn't be punished. A shame it was Arsenal who benefited, but it happening to United at OT makes it funny.

Back