• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2020/21 Premier League Thread

The fact that even Spurs best manager in 4 decades could only win once against Dippers (and that was thanks in no small part to Lovren’s clangers) plus they were one of only 2 sides we dropped points to in our last season at old WHL just goes to show what a bogey side they’ve become.

Really must weigh on the players minds when they lose season after season to the same side... conversely our continued knack to get results against €iteh must give players a confidence boost before those matches.
I think it also works in reverse
They know their winning before the game starts
Remember Klopp first game?
They were falling apart 3 days before
They drew and put in a shift
That season they still finished 8th

You need to go back a little longer, Burkinshaw was manager from '76. Not saying he had a great record but beat them a few times.
Ah, I misread the 6 as an 8 :oops:

Wins:3 Draws:4 Losses:10 For:16 Against:32

Not too shabby considering how dominant the Dippers were back in 70s and 80s.

E9E4D33D-EA8B-4BD9-8640-88F1AD388EB7.jpeg

It looks like footballers are still getting their sharp haircuts during this lockdown.

Im guessing each club had added a ‘Team Hairdresser’ to the roster to get round the barnet issues:D.....

SCBC being fudged a bit by the officials here. Terrible run they’re on though so I’m mystified as to why people are suggesting Hassenhuttl for us. He’s a good manager and a nice guy but this is his level.

Farcical this offside VAR! The margin of error of the current system is between 30-50 cm! Yet they call decisions less than an inch. Utterly ridiculous!

So Southampton down to 11th after being top. But I doubt we will hear as much about that demise as we have about us dropping to 7th from top spot

I think you mean millimetres?
1 inch = 25.4 mm
No he’s means the margin of error vs the gap between players
The margin of error is the distance a player can move between frames. For a normal player that’s 13cms so 4 inches
They judge the gap to the mm almost so they can be way way out proportionally
And linos apparently were right over 98% of the time with VAR
But....
They have been consistent with the application so each team in theory gets treated the same. Surely that’s a big part of any use of rules, the consistency

No he’s means the margin of error vs the gap between players
The margin of error is the distance a player can move between frames. For a normal player that’s 13cms so 4 inches
They judge the gap to the mm almost so they can be way way out proportionally
And linos apparently were right over 98% of the time with VAR
But....
They have been consistent with the application so each team in theory gets treated the same. Surely that’s a big part of any use of rules, the consistency

My bad again. Sorry, @Kandi1977 also.

Yes, consistency has to be top of the priory list far VAR.

TBF we dealt with Sheffield United quite well
Hence why we won quite comfortably
True, although I suspect if we had a CB of the calibre of Dias (or Ledley back in his prime) playing on Thursday then Henderson’s lofted through ball to Mane would’ve been fairly easily dealt with.

True, although I suspect if we had a CB of the calibre of Dias (or Ledley back in his prime) playing on Thursday then Henderson’s lofted through ball to Mane would’ve been fairly easily dealt with.
Maybe
I mean we had two men then who both got lost
And they did it in the first minute too

Last edited:
Back