• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The New Next New Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This forum has a habit of bringing up players and managers who we should sign who are nowhere near the clubs radar. I bet Gallardo falls into that category….

They surely must be aware of Gallardo -- however, any interviews I've seen he either says he wants to stay at River Plate and the media have him linked with Barcelona.

So possibly not attainable even if we wanted him.

Gallardo or Poch. I just can't see beyond those two. We need a brilliant, charismatic, warm and endearing leader.

Would be my first two choices as well, along with a sufficiently backed Conte.
However, I think Poch would be foolish to not stay at PSG until he wins the league there.

They surely must be aware of Gallardo -- however, any interviews I've seen he either says he wants to stay at River Plate and the media have him linked with Barcelona.

So possibly not attainable even if we wanted him.

In the past, that was true. Not anymore - his River contract expires next month, and he's committed to leaving them on a high (by winning the league) so he can start his career in Europe.

As for Barca, they've utterly inexplicably passed over him twice - first for Koeman, and then now, for Xavi. So although he might want to go there, they don't seem to want him.

It's the clearest shot we'll have of a potentially dynasty-building, Ferguson-esque manager who has utterly transformed River Plate's fortunes and grown to be its most successful manager in just seven years (no small feat given their history).

I can't understand why Conte would take the job. He seems to only take sides he can turn into title contenders. Our squad could challenge for top 4 at an absolute push if everything goes our way.

He also can't bring anyone in for months and can't really do major surgery until the summer. If we get him, great but I just can't see it.

He probably thinks that he can do a fair job with the current squad, looking at our fixtures up till January. If that's coupled with firm guarantees about sales & targets in January, then it probably ticks his boxes

Pah. Those hands can't compare to Poch's bear-paw fists. :p

More seriously, if Levy is kicking himself over letting Poch go, well he f*cking should, because it was an absurd, traumatic mistake of a decision that haunts this club even now and will haunt this club until Poch comes back. We had a man who *got* us, more than anyone else could have, and we threw him away for the human equivalent of stale bacalhau in Mourinho.

It's Levy's absurd luck that Poch still has a love for Spurs and wants to come back one day - because ol' Dan certainly got what he deserved for that farce.

I know they are supposedly posting other peoples news but didn’t they post all the wrong info in the summer?

Yeah, I wouldn't trust that bit of info one bit, I'm just trying to get people's hopes up.:p

Pah. Those hands can't compare to Poch's bear-paw fists. :p

More seriously, if Levy is kicking himself over letting Poch go, well he f*cking should, because it was an absurd, traumatic mistake of a decision that haunts this club even now and will haunt this club until Poch comes back. We had a man who *got* us, more than anyone else could have, and we threw him away for the human equivalent of stale bacalhau in Mourinho.

It's Levy's absurd luck that Poch still has a love for Spurs and wants to come back one day - because ol' Dan certainly got what he deserved for that farce.

Revisionism is alive and well, I see.

Revisionism is alive and well, I see.

Not on my end, mate. Refer to the 'Thank you, Mauricio Pochettino' thread I started for a glimpse of how I felt the day of his sacking - I've never changed that opinion since, have never warmed to Mourinho, and thought Nuno was a cheap 9th-choice appointment made to end that farce of a summer coaching search.

Poch was us, *is* us. As far as I'm concerned, any appointment, even my preferred choice of Gallardo, is just a temporary one until the day we can bring him back to finish what he started - because I still believe he could be our Alex Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back