• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The New Next New Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would it cost, transfer wise, to convince Conte? For the 3-5-2 he played at Inter we'd need another decent CB, a box-to-box ball playing CM like Barella plays and a back-up for Harry. £120m (£50m + £50m + £20m)?

We have the front 2 for his formation, we have wingbacks and have a DM. Plus Romero and Dier and AN Other would work for a back 3 with Tanganga, Sanchez and Rodon as back-ups

I guess TBC whether Ndombele or GLC could play in the Eriksen midfield role
Not a great time to be in a bidding war with endless Saudi monies. Levy penny pinching backfiring again.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

"We must think to the present to work very hard every day, every week, every month to be something important for the fans," said Conte. "It's important to have players who are ready to fight."
"In these two days, I saw players with the right attitude, with the right behaviour, with a great will to fight for this shirt,"
"Our target is to win, not to make all the players happy"
“You [the media] speak about being happy, but I speak about wanting to win and work very hard. My target is to put a winning mentality into the minds of the players. The winning mentality doesn’t exist to keep players happy, because it’s very difficult to keep 20 players happy."
“I want players who are ready to fight and put themselves in the team to try to win together. If you are happy or unhappy, I don’t care.”
We’re being praised and that gives me the creeps, because I fear it will make some of you relax,” he said in a pre-match team-talk to his Juventus players in 2012 that was caught on camera.
“You want to win the title? You’ll have to spit blood right to the very end of the final match of the season.”

Gallardo or Poch. I just can't see beyond those two. We need a brilliant, charismatic, warm and endearing leader.
This forum has a habit of bringing up players and managers who we should sign who are nowhere near the clubs radar. I bet Gallardo falls into that category….

Conte seems best as the new broom to sweep clean. Knows the league so can hit the ground running. New system means a good reason to clear out the dross and he'd recognise the deadwood too.

you'd imagine that Conte might want to agree a list of target players now for Jan before signing

And actually, given his football isnt possession based or attacking, its for the good of Spurs if that happens. If we hire him, he needs to be back properly. Otherwise hire a project manager

This forum has a habit of bringing up players and managers who we should sign who are nowhere near the clubs radar. I bet Gallardo falls into that category….

Lopetegui was the summer's equivalent (i.e. the guy that made far more sense than any of the other candidates, but was never linked by the MSM), and it turns out that he was actually offered the job (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57581976)

As well as being the standout candidate (Poch aside), he's also got the 12 December end of contract thing, which makes this timing perfect (he'd be far less likely to move at the end of the European seasons)

Paratici would also want an Italian and known entity to improve his job security too.

Conte v Dele Alli

Another manager who is stifling his creative genius the cries will be I suppose.

Dele has no chance under Conte. Just doesnt fit into Conte's 3-5-2

Perhaps Moura and Bergiwjn similarly, unless they can become wingbacks like Victor Moses did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back