• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The New Next New Manager Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand why Conte would take the job. He seems to only take sides he can turn into title contenders. Our squad could challenge for top 4 at an absolute push if everything goes our way.

He also can't bring anyone in for months and can't really do major surgery until the summer. If we get him, great but I just can't see it.

Lopetegui was the summer's equivalent (i.e. the guy that made far more sense than any of the other candidates, but was never linked by the MSM), and it turns out that he was actually offered the job (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57581976)

As well as being the standout candidate (Poch aside), he's also got the 12 December end of contract thing, which makes this timing perfect (he'd be far less likely to move at the end of the European seasons)
I know mate, and if it was in the summer I might agree with you but we aren’t waiting until December.

As for Conte, I’m sure Levy/Paritici were talking to him from Saturday night onwards and only announced the sacking once things were close as didn’t want this circus again…..

See you next week pal, once Conte is announced and given final sign off on transfers.
I am an Inter fan as well and I dislike Conte!! Spurs will do well to stay far away from him if they won't give him the control he wants.

I'll take that bet. And go further an say that he would unite the fans and expose the players and board that are not committed to winning. If that is toxicity then sign me up.
I used to think so but I doubt it. Some of the fans are as bad as the players and the media. If Jose can be sacked just before a final, nothing Levy does can shock me again.

Didn't Conte just say he wasn't interested in taking over a job mid season (re the Saudi Sportswashing Machine /United links)?

you'd imagine that Conte might want to agree a list of target players now for Jan before signing

And actually, given his football isnt possession based or attacking, its for the good of Spurs if that happens. If we hire him, he needs to be back properly. Otherwise hire a project manager
Kind of goes against the statement doesn’t it!?

I know mate, and if it was in the summer I might agree with you but we aren’t waiting until December.

As for Conte, I’m sure Levy/Paritici were talking to him from Saturday night onwards and only announced the sacking once things were close as didn’t want this circus again…..

If we get Gallardo signed/announced now, to take charge against Leicester on 16 Dec (with sensitivity to River Plate, who are on the verge of winning the league), that makes a caretaker scenario absolutely fine. It's the open-ended caretaker situation that creates a problem.

If Conte comes but fails, one upside is that the squad should be a lot stronger for the next man given that Conte will have required significant investment to join

Conte would need to be guaranteed a £200m spend in January and the same again in the summer or he wouldn't even consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back