• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Benfica OMT

Agree with two; completely disagree with the idea that Rose has clear ability. Unless we're talking about the uncanny ability to drill crosses into the crotch/body of the closest defender from the wing, or put the ball out under little to no pressure. ;)

He's not shown much for us to be fair. Pace. Some ability to get forward. But not enough to make us sit up and take note. But there are signs. He just needs to calm down, do the simple things well. He shi1s it when he gets in a good position. A bit like Walker really. And he turned out ok.

Ask Sunderland fans what they think of him. Wasn't he their player of the season last year?

I agree too. Too early to write the new players off. We need at least another season to judge them properly IMO. Really, the same can be said for Sherwood. If we get the chance to substantially upgrade though, we should seriously consider it. No knee jerk required.

Just checking: are you saying if we get a chance to substantially upgrade Sherwood we should take it as well? Or were you only talking about the players?

Just finished watching the game on catch up. A few positives but as usual many more disappointments. Lennon, Sig, Soldado, Rose all pure toilet. How Lennon, in particular, not only continues to steal a living as a Spurs player but actually gets made captain beggers belief. Sherwood clueless.

My point isnt his ability. He could be the best defensive midfielder in the world but being a pure defensive midfielder isnt enough.
Its an outdated position now.
Would be we want the best sweeper in the league in our team? or an outside right or a left half?

The role of winning the ball back off the opposition before they can hurt you will never be out dated IMO.

In the end we've regained some pride, I certainly thought we'd get kaned in this one.

The 40 mins I did see, we looked a bit more controlled than normal; didn't see the first Chadli but loved the 2nd and the fact that THEY were the ones hanging one.

Then instead of holding on for an erection inducing and glitzy away win, we go and Spurs it up! Typical!!

Oh well...

Sandro, wtf??

I have to say I think he has played his worst football for us under Sherwood; I only hope he is playing through an injury (his running style was weird, as though one leg couldn't be fully bent...) because if not GHod help him (and us)

It's a shame Capoue is injured otherwise I'd start him on Sunday instead

Very impressed with Naughton these past few weeks, almost to the point where I'd rather him start than walker

I still feel like this was a win because we only gave the penalty away at the end whilst we were chasing the third goal. Thought our play in midfield in the seond half was sh1te until Eriksen came on.

He's not shown much for us to be fair. Pace. Some ability to get forward. But not enough to make us sit up and take note. But there are signs. He just needs to calm down, do the simple things well. He shi1s it when he gets in a good position. A bit like Walker really. And he turned out ok.

Ask Sunderland fans what they think of him. Wasn't he their player of the season last year?

He's 25. And Sunderland nearly went down. I didn't watch them enough to know whether he did his primary job well, but based on his continual brainfarts for us as a left-back, I'm going to bet he didn't. I see what you see in terms of signs but crucially, I don't see any signs of intelligence. the same mistakes, time and time again. Not good enough IMO mate. Bye bye Rose.

That was terrific. Really enjoyed that from Spurs. Well done Chadli, Bentaleb. Superb, we made them look sh*t

Well that was a great deal better than I could have hoped for.

Crying shame we couldn't hold out for the win though, but a noteworthy performance nevertheless, especially given the depleted squad we were left with.

Well that was a great deal better than I could have hoped for.

Crying shame we couldn't hold out for the win though, but a noteworthy performance nevertheless, especially given the depleted squad we were left with.

Sort of performance which is great for morale.

Thought we outplayed them for large patches in the home leg but got done on the counter and looked shell shocked after.

Thought we outplayed them for large patches in the home leg but got done on the counter and looked shell shocked after.

Na home leg was poor. They gave us the ball and we lacked confidence.
Chadli's goal seemed to unlock Spurs for the first time in the tie and Benfica sh*t themselves. It's a shame we didn't have our full squad for these games. I think we should have done some damage

Na home leg was poor. They gave us the ball and we lacked confidence.
Chadli's goal seemed to unlock Spurs for the first time in the tie and Benfica sh*t themselves. It's a shame we didn't have our full squad for these games. I think we should have done some damage

If we play more of our key players vs Southampton and still lose, it will say a lot about whether we really could have done some damage. In fact we DID have more of our key players vs Benfica at home...

The role of winning the ball back off the opposition before they can hurt you will never be out dated IMO.

All top teams now have everyone pressing up the pitch in an attempt to win the ball back rather than one ball winner in midfield.
What good is single ball winner when the opposition has creative players all over the pitch.
Out and out ballwinners belong in the dark ages when opposition teams had maybe one creative threat.

If we play more of our key players vs Southampton and still lose, it will say a lot about whether we really could have done some damage. In fact we DID have more of our key players vs Benfica at home...

Yea but I think players like Mousa were a big miss. And Ade away too.

All top teams now have everyone pressing up the pitch in an attempt to win the ball back rather than one ball winner in midfield.
What good is single ball winner when the opposition has creative players all over the pitch.
Out and out ballwinners belong in the dark ages when opposition teams had maybe one creative threat.

On the whole I agree that a pure ballwinner who does that and nothing more is outdated. But Sandro is more than just that; he has been first choice many times for Brazil...

He has just played like an oaf under TS who instead of trying to forge a cohesive general strategy for the team has swung from 'we don't need defensive midfielders' to 'firkin show some passion' and now Sandro does nothing more than 'run about a bit' and concede silly fouls after not being positionally disciplined.

Once we get a more experienced manager who has a plan and strategy then you'll probably see Sandro get back to his best.

Was thinking at the time he could have taken a touch wide and got cleaned out by the keeper.

Absolutely. I know it is easy in hindsight but you can be sure if that was Hazard or William or some other Chelsea **** he would have flicked it by the keeper and taken the hit. Red and pen the most likely outcome.

I might have imagined it but did Bentaleb point and shout at Lennon to make that run?

Oh and that ref is another ****. He ****ed up two crucial decisions for us and also missed at least a bunch of nailed on yellows for deliberate and repeated infringements.

Back