• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Benfica OMT

I was just about to post how well he has played today. Defended resolutely too.

The bright spot of today is that I think we are seeing the development of a player who can be our skipper! He's got balls and a voice, plus he can play.

Decent effort in that half, but final third is dreadful. It's been said many times already but we just lack guile and intelligence across the front, all we have is pace which won't win you games against the better sides.

Siggy the biggest disappointment for me. Rarely available for a pass and done nothing when he's had it.

Iceland' answer to Invisiblinho / Jenas.

Bentaleb showing real promise. Can't believe this guy was just an unknown youngster a few months back.

Done well considering we're without Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Kaboul, Chiriches, Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho, Lamela, Adebayor. LOL

This.

Last edited:
During the summer I was convinced he did not have the tools. Come the start of the season he was proving me partially wrong. Then he showed he might actually be able to develop a thoughtful dimension to his game. Then came the injury. And his regression has been big. He looks short on guidance. I think he is the sort of player who needs to be given constant coaching/feedback, and I suspect AVB did that. Right now, he looks a little lost. It was always my knock on him that he wasn't a smart enough player. I think with a return to good coaching he could do it, but sadly, the odds are not in his favor...

At the start of the season he had this bizarre confidence than came from who knows where. He thought he was Bale and was attempting to play like that. Its like he took some placebo.

He should, and had that chance come in the game after he scored against Cardiff I reckon he'd have a much better effort.

But, 3 weeks since that goal and very little gametime since robs him of any hope of consistency and continuity.

In which case, he should perhaps tap the ball back across the box to the two players waiting for an open goal tap in?

Funny to see Lennon getting so much stick. First of all, why isn't our LEFT WINGER getting back to cover our LEFT BACK who once again seems to be suffering from a faulty GPS? Secondly, it wasn't the greatest defensive tackle of all time, but essentially, it was a right-winger covering deep at left-back and getting done. I suppose when we have no CBs some players do strange things, but I still cannot gauge why our left sided players weren't involved in trying to stop that?!!!!

Decent effort in that half, but final third is dreadful. It's been said many times already but we just lack guile and intelligence across the front, all we have is pace which won't win you games against the better sides.

and Eriksen on the bench AGAIN

At the start of the season he had this bizarre confidence than came from who knows where. He thought he was Bale and was attempting to play like that. Its like he took some placebo.

I genuinely believe his football brain is pliable to the point that AVB shot him up with mojo-max!

That's the closest Lennon's going to get to an assist.

Boring. Lennons a bit unlucky with that

Not sure why you think Lennon is to us what Silva is to Emirates Marketing Project. He will thrive under a coach who doesn't rely on individuals and their own brilliance.

He's good when he is functioning as a cog in a team who plays together

I don't like this new Lennon. Not at all. His working back used to be a fantastic side attribute of a nippy winger that caused havoc in the opponents box. Now it just seems like something he can hide behind.

I don#t know whats going on there but he's becoming an attacking non-entity which is just incredible. He needs to turn it around sharpish. He certainly isn't a complete right midfielder. If he can no longer beat a full back - or even attempt to influence the final third - then his long term usefullness is questionable in the extreme.

I hope he sorts it out because we all love long serving players, but only as long as they are still an assett to the team!

@Squawka: It took Aaron Lennon 27 minutes before he completed a pass tonight. Better late than never.
BjMNskoCMAAvHUG.png

@OptaJoe: 10 - Benfica have won their last 10 games in all competitions and are unbeaten in 25 (W23 D2). Task.
@OptaJoe: 26 - Benfica have now scored in each of their last 26 games in all competitions. Power.

@FootballFunnys: That could have been us!
BjMPKL3IEAAofb4.jpg

Wow, the memories.

On an unrelated note - lots of those Bale-esque haircuts with the shaved parting appearing on lads around town these days. It needs to stop.

If Soldado is now at the bottom of his luck/ confidence. Would he be sensational if he was on top of his game and supremely confident?

Could have had two goals and we'd be one away form winning the tie. Ifs and buts...

Well some positives Chadli,Bentaleb,Fryers

But 2 things go through my mind. Why does Soldado keep hitting his shots into the ground first? Just put your foot through it..and
How many times this season we had a free-kick only to concede a corner at the other end within 15 seconds. ](*,)

Oh, and Townsend, has he got a twin brother that cant play football? Because it would explain what has happened to him

Back