• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The mighty Tottenham Hotspur vs Benfica OMT

threeeee win, we're gonna win threeee wuuuuun

As a fan of Bentaleb, delighted to see him putting in yet another fine shift...he's done very well this season for a 19 year old thrust in the middle of pretty much everything!

I was just about to post how well he has played today. Defended resolutely too.

have not seen the replay, but my memory seems to reveal that once again, our left-back was embarrassed by a combo of poor positioning and **** play in the lead up to the goal. Is it correct or are my old grievances rising?

It was Aaron Lennon out there not Rose.

they keep the ball for hours then we lose possession within seconds.

we're going to be completely knackered for the second half.

@Squawka: It took Aaron Lennon 27 minutes before he completed a pass tonight. Better late than never.
BjMNskoCMAAvHUG.png

@OptaJoe: 10 - Benfica have won their last 10 games in all competitions and are unbeaten in 25 (W23 D2). Task.
@OptaJoe: 26 - Benfica have now scored in each of their last 26 games in all competitions. Power.

@FootballFunnys: That could have been us!
BjMPKL3IEAAofb4.jpg

Siggy the biggest disappointment for me. Rarely available for a pass and done nothing when he's had it.

I've realised watching Townsend closely today is that you can tell what he's gonna do seconds beforehand because of his body shape. His passes, crosses and shooting are so predictable.

During the summer I was convinced he did not have the tools. Come the start of the season he was proving me partially wrong. Then he showed he might actually be able to develop a thoughtful dimension to his game. Then came the injury. And his regression has been big. He looks short on guidance. I think he is the sort of player who needs to be given constant coaching/feedback, and I suspect AVB did that. Right now, he looks a little lost. It was always my knock on him that he wasn't a smart enough player. I think with a return to good coaching he could do it, but sadly, the odds are not in his favor...

Been really hard trying to judge this game and the players on their merits and not being ****ed off at the way we've conspired to limb out of this competition.

Bentaleb showing real promise. Can't believe this guy was just an unknown youngster a few months back.

Done well considering we're without Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dawson, Kaboul, Chiriches, Dembele, Capoue, Paulinho, Lamela, Adebayor. LOL

Been really hard trying to judge this game and the players on their merits and not being ****ed off at the way we've conspired to limb out of this competition.

yeah. its pretty soul destroying watching us getting brushed aside by benfica. in fact, despite people thinking we're too good for this competition we have never done anything in it.

never come close to winning it. we've made the quarters twice in about 10 attempts. And it looks like European participation could be gone for a fair old while too. That'll be sad no Europe for Spurs. I love watching us in Europe (even if we are dire most of the time!).

threeeee win, we're gonna win threeee wuuuuun

As a fan of Bentaleb, delighted to see him putting in yet another fine shift...he's done very well this season for a 19 year old thrust in the middle of pretty much everything!

Best of our players, too many below par. Lennon, Soldado, sig, Townsend. Had a few half chances before the goal. Solly with a poor volley, Chadli with a chance in the air, needed a bit of good fortune and haven't had any. Not a bad effort though given the players out there. Benficas centre backs look awesome.

Soldado really should score those.

Benfica use the same move from corners every time. The centre half blocks off the other centre halts marker leaving him free. Crude but effective.

He should, and had that chance come in the game after he scored against Cardiff I reckon he'd have a much better effort.

But, 3 weeks since that goal and very little gametime since robs him of any hope of consistency and continuity.

Back