• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match-fixing Thread

His contract was up a week or so after we played City too but he didn't throw that game for them did he? In fact he did his best to keep City in it with some superb saves.

Dinamo Zagreb - Lyon 1-7 from the 2011/12 season did raise some questions back then if it had been fixed, as Lyon needed a big win to qualify.

there was all that brick about the dinamo players and the bookie/tab or something too! Guilty as fudge.

There was something dodgy about away match with Twente in the CL. Dodgy involving the referee, maybe Twente, but not us.

It only says it was played in England, not that an English club was implicated. Probably a team from Eastern Europe, where a lot of this seems to be based, coming over and losing a game by a big margin after they were already out. I'd be HUGELY surprised if it was an English club, even Chelsea!

That is so typical of Arsenal to play a team away in a must win game with the oppositions player of the season, the goalkeeper, out injured..and then to have the step in have a performance like that ](*,)

That is so typical of Arsenal to play a team away in a must win game with the oppositions player of the season, the goalkeeper, out injured..and then to have the step in have a performance like that ](*,)

About as lucky as their rivals for a CL spot all falling ill with food poisoning for the last deciding game of the season.

Watching those Fulop vids makes me ill.

Same here. Sickening. Remember being at the Lane when that scoreline came through that WBA had gone 2-1 up, the place was absolutely bouncing.
For those few short minutes I began to believe we were actually going to get a break and finish 3rd. It was gutting enough to lose out on the day, but to then see that sh#t on MOTD when we got home was a real dagger through the heart.

b/t/w that Lyon match has got to be one of the games under suspicion. The Chelsea-Barca game is the one played in England for me...Drogbas outburst?

Fulop's bizare gifting of 3 goals to the Scum was highly suspicious and was widely remarked on in numerous discussion forums.

It was easily the worst performance of a Premiership goalkeeper ever and it had a vital bearing on who qualified for the Champions League. I expect that the Police will be examining betting on this.

If a Tottenham game was involved then I would expect it was the home match against Inter. Match fixing is unlikely to involve a whole team, it will be individual performances that affect a game.

Someone call a cab?

Pray that Crouchy didn't have a sneaky bet that there would be a sending off in the first 15 mins v Real Madrid

I just don't think any of our players would have got involved, it meant too much at the time.
If it were Europa on the other hand, maybe.

If a Tottenham game was involved then I would expect it was the home match against Inter. Match fixing is unlikely to involve a whole team, it will be individual performances that affect a game.

Someone call a cab?

The Twente home game would be my favourite if somebody said it was one of our home games. We were awarded 3 penalties that night IIRC.

These days its looks like one of our players needs to get shot for us to get a penalty at WHL. In fact, I think the last penalty we got awarded at home was PAOK in the EL Nov 2011. In the league IIRC it was the 3-3 draw v Arsenal in 10/11 season.

And to think Chelsea have been awarded, 13 maybe 14 so far this season. Unreal

The game in question regarding the english team is reported to be Liverpool in their game against Debrecen in 2009. The match finished 1-0 for Liverpool.

Apparently the goalkeeper Poleksic from Debrecen was being bribed to let in 3 goals, so that the match would have over 2,5 goals.

Unfortunately for Poleksic, Liverpool were pretty brick with their finishing that evening, so Poleksic was “not able” to let in the 3 goals! :)

Debrecens game against Fiorentina that year was also fixed. That game finished 3-4 after 2-4 at HT.

Poleksic has since been suspended from football.

They are wasting their time. They can never prove it unless the players confess. Remember the case of a former Liverpool goalie who went free despite all the proofs ? There have always been suspicion of match-fixing in the English league before and after that case but it is almost impossible to prove it.

The game in question regarding the english team is reported to be Liverpool in their game against Debrecen in 2009. The match finished 1-0 for Liverpool.

Apparently the goalkeeper Poleksic from Debrecen was being bribed to let in 3 goals, so that the match would have over 2,5 goals.

Unfortunately for Poleksic, Liverpool were pretty brick with their finishing that evening, so Poleksic was “not able” to let in the 3 goals! :)

Debrecens game against Fiorentina that year was also fixed. That game finished 3-4 after 2-4 at HT.

Poleksic has since been suspended from football.

This is all over twitter now from the danish media.

They are wasting their time. They can never prove it unless the players confess. Remember the case of a former Liverpool goalie who went free despite all the proofs ? There have always been suspicion of match-fixing in the English league before and after that case but it is almost impossible to prove it.
I also remember Hans Segers explanaition for why he had a large amount of money in a swiss bank account.

Why is everyone assuming English teams can't be involved due to the money?

These kinds of cases often use both the carrot and the stick approach to coercing players. Might be someone was using a stick.

(Desperately hoping the stick was the knowledge that a certain player was sleeping with his teammate's wife).

Back