• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match-fixing Thread

I acknowledge that it seems weird and unlikely, I even understand it is a bit kooky, but we all felt Foster would 'mysteriously' be injured...who knows? What I do know is that there are two mistakes there which actually require focus to execute! I can't help myself mate...I know, nutty, but what can I say?!

I absolutely agree with this. That Benayoun one it would have been so much easier to just kick the fudging ball!!

A year or two ago I branded most conspiracy theorists as paid up members of the tin foil hat phalanx but with every British institution we're supposed to hold dear (banks, police, the church, the state, MPs to name just a few) being exposed as corrupt absolutely I'm more inclined to believe all conspiracy theories until they're debunked nowadays.

Saw a page worth of new posts and thought there'd been some major match fixing announcement.

You're lucky I don't give you all a dressing down.

Not this Fulop brick again.
Ben Foster got injured 1 hour before kick off.
How did that give anyone time to bribe Fulop?

The guy hadn't played in the Premier League for a few seasons, is mentally on the beach come the last game of the season then finds out an hour behind he's playing Arsenal.
He's a brick keeper to start with but factor ass this in and that's why he was awful.

Apart from the one night we really wanted him to be. Etihad, May 2010. Luckily for us Crouchie finally ended up being in the right place at the right time. Up until then though, Fulop was having one of those 'unbeatable' nights

Oh dear. Is the whole sporting world corrupt?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/goverment-to-tackle-crime-in-sport/story-fnelctok-1226572459574

ILLEGAL drugs are widespread throughout Australian sport and are being facilitated by sports scientists, high-level coaches and sports staff, a 12-month investigation by the Australian Crime Commission has found.

DRUGS, CRIME SCANDAL

Does this undermine your faith in Australian sport?

Yes

No
Vote now
'We are all Lance Armstrong today'
Key points that stunned a nation
Trafficker worked with Hird in 2004
NRL's swift response to drug drama
Local match-fixing 'imminent' - police

Organised crime groups are also involved in the frequent practice which, in some cases, see players administered with substances not yet approved for human use.

The ACC also found evidence of "concerning" personal relationships between professional athletes and crime identities and groups that may have resulted in match fixing and the fraudulent manipulation of betting markets.

Justice Minister Jason Clare encouraged anyone involved to come forward "before you get a knock at the door''.

Read the full Crime Commission report here

"The findings are shocking and will disgust Australian sports fans,'' he said.

"It's cheating but it's worse than that.

"It's cheating with the help of criminals''

Breaking views: We are all Lance Armstrong today

Mr Clare said the investigation had uncovered “shocking” instances of drug use across a range of codes.

“The work has found the use of prohibited substances including peptides, hormones is widespread," he said.

“The evidence to date is not the majority but we’re talking multiple athletes across a number of codes.

“In some cases players are being administered with drugs that have not yet been approved for human use.”

I was away on holiday so I didn't see this myself, but a friend texted me whilst I was away. It read.. Something fishy going on here. QPR have drifted all morning going from odds on to near 6/4. Chunks of thousands appearing to make them drift. I replied who they playing. He said MKdons in the FA Cup.

I then kept an eye on the scores as I decided to go to a local bar to watch the scores. To my surprise QPR scored an own goal in the 3rd minute. They then went on to concede three more. QPR then scored two late goals.

What does everyone else think about this.. why was the drift not picked up by the national press. I didn't see the game so don't know what actually went on, but still its something that should be looked at surely. Why would a premiership team drift so alarmingly when playing a Championship team.

:-k

Turkish side Fenerbahce could face another ban from the Champions League after Uefa announced that the club and five officials would have match-fixing charges heard by its disciplinary body later this month.

The five are understood to include club president Aziz Yildirim, who was jailed last July for six years for match-fixing.

Fenerbahce were banned from the 2011-12 Champions League because of the match-fixing scandal and now face of another exclusion from the competition.

Uefa also charged Besiktas, another Turkish club, in relation to fixing.

Disciplinary proceedings have also been opened against Steaua Bucharest for breach of Champions League regulations.

This follows the Romanian club’s owner Gigi Becali being jailed for three years for offering a £1.5 million bribe to rival players to a throw a match

Uefa said in a statement: “Following the investigation into alleged match-fixing activities involving Fenerbahce, the Uefa disciplinary inspector has now submitted his findings to the control and disciplinary body, in the context of disciplinary proceedings against this club and five club officials.

"This case will be heard by the Uefa control and disciplinary body on Saturday June 22.

“Proceedings have also been opened against Besiktas and two club officials in relation to match-fixing activities, which are alleged to have taken place during the 2011 Turkish Cup final.

“Proceedings have also been opened against Steaua Bucharest on the basis of ... the 2013-14 Uefa Champions League regulations, relating to the admission criteria for participation in Uefa competitions.”

The decisions in the cases will be announced in the week starting June 24.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/10111572/Fenerbahce-face-second-ban-from-Champions-League-over-match-fixing-allegations.html

Back