• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Longest Thread Of Football (The Other Teams)

Re: Sky Sports Liverpool Edition

Gary Neville has surprised me.. he educates in his analysis

There was a thread very similar to this for when it was announced that Neville was joining Sky.. I too was against it. Got to hold my hands up and say fair play to Sky, they got Neville right, many were wrong.

I agree about Carragher though.. he is a bit Adebayor in trying to understand what he is actually saying. Wasn't there subtitles on the recent Liverpool fly on the wall series.

It isn't whether he adds insight that bothers me or not it is that fact that you have a scouse cabal ..... as with MOTD (Hansen & Twunt) who still think Liverpool are the Once & Future Kings of English football and that they are still everyone's favourite second team and that the FA are out to get them.

If you bring in one scouse then an old scouse should go .....

Uli Höness on Bayern Munich's season ticket prices

Found this on a Norwegian football blog, who again found it on an Ipswich fan site.. My local team in Norway, Tromsø, who's struggling with a half-full stadium every match, charge more for a season ticket than Bayern Munich does.. Quite incredible. Anyway, I know it's been discussed before, but pretty much says it all why Germany's got it right and Norway and England, to name a few, get it totally wrong:

1700169-11-1367488854797.jpg

Attachments

• 1700169-11-1367488854797.jpg
    1700169-11-1367488854797.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 15
Re: Uli Höness on Bayern Munich's season ticket prices

so refreshing. the premier league could learn A LOT from the bundesliga.

but people still pay the higher price

London is huge and there are so many wealthy people to take from, that they can still do it. My city is small, only 70.000. Most people can't be bothered paying the ridiculous prices, ergo you only have a few thousand left going to the matches..

Lets all move to Germany.

I lived in Berlin for a couple of years, and am moving back there again.. You won't regret it!

I used to go regularly to Union Berlin matches. Cheap beer throughout the match, all standing and singing for 90 minutes. What's there not to love?

With all the focus on the CL and the german teams it would be good if this quote got picked up and started doing the rounds. WOuld definitely raise the issue again...

Although it wouldn't make sod all difference it could shame our clubs into doing something, however minor.

Bayern only have 10,000 season tickets?

Oh look, a club in another country with a different economy and ticket price.

Despair.jpeg

Is this the Uli Honess who has just been outted for tax evasion? or, sorry "avoidance".

I keep thinking 'Blockbusters' when I read the thread title :-k

And agreed with Wriggly (perhaps more subtly :lol:) that Norway in general is pretty expensive (mate went there back in 1998 and I think he told me beer was £5!).

I don't believe that Hoeness is actually being entirely honest when he says that the difference between £104 and £300 per season ticket would only be £2 million.

Their stadium accommodates nigh on 70K for Bundesliga matches and 66K for European games. If, for the sake of example, every ticket sold was a season ticket, the the difference between £104 and £300 would be some £13 million. Not £2 million.

If Spurs were to offer season tickets at £104, rather than at the current average of, say, £850, then it would cost the club some £25 million per annum in lost revenue. And if that was transposed to the new stadium, it would cost the club a further £12 million or so. A total of £35-40 million.

All of a sudden, we're not talking about the kind of sum that you only "argue about for five minutes", are we?

I'd love it if I didn't have to fork out for two season tickets at nigh on £1000 apiece. I'd love it if we could offer tickets as cheap as Bayern's and still stay competitive. But until we can develop the revenue streams that will compensate for the loss of ticket income, it's just not possible.............................unless we'd be happy to accept mediocrity?

Oh look, a club in another country with a different economy and ticket price.

You're right, they have a much more buoyant economy and an individual wealth higher than ours, yet clubs there still don't rip off fans like they do here. They can afford to pay more but clubs don't make them, the reverse is true here in England.

if thats true why not give them away free, it would only be another 1m?

I lived in Berlin for a couple of years, and am moving back there again.. You won't regret it!

I used to go regularly to Union Berlin matches. Cheap beer throughout the match, all standing and singing for 90 minutes. What's there not to love?

I've actually been thinking about moving somewhere in Germany (maybe Munich or Dortmund so I can watch some good football).

I love Bavarian beer so maybe I'll move to Munich and drink a lot of beer and go to football games! Sounds like a good life haha.

flimflam, and just another media lovefest with current "flavor of the month", last year it was Barca/Spain, next year?

Fact is, it all depends on their business model, do they for example negotiate their own tv rights ala Spain, or share like EPL? how much of the stadium is set up for corporate facilities?

If they have their own tv rights, have a disproportionate percentage of merchandising in country and have a fairly new stadium (or updated) that facilitates a large corporate clientele, then average fan ticket cost is not as impactful. The smaller clubs would have to match or be comparable, so the interesting question is, what is the financial state of the clubs outside the top 6 in Germany?

flimflam, and just another media lovefest with current "flavor of the month", last year it was Barca/Spain, next year?

Fact is, it all depends on their business model, do they for example negotiate their own tv rights ala Spain, or share like EPL? how much of the stadium is set up for corporate facilities?

If they have their own tv rights, have a disproportionate percentage of merchandising in country and have a fairly new stadium (or updated) that facilitates a large corporate clientele, then average fan ticket cost is not as impactful. The smaller clubs would have to match or be comparable, so the interesting question is, what is the financial state of the clubs outside the top 6 in Germany?

=D>

Back