• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Wenger is "classy" so long as everything is going well for him. The moment things start to turn sour he becomes an ****. Evasive in post match interviews, hates giving credit to the opposition too, he usually lambasts his own team as if the other team had little to do about taking a point/points off Arsenal.

Him and Mourinho are the most self serving managers in the league hence Wenger defending that hideous tackle by Flamini a few weeks ago. Mourinho "standing up for the values of English football" even though he's had some of the biggest cheats in the game under his wing.

I still fear Ozil may come good towards the end of the season. Quite a lot of foreign players come to England, look good initially then go into their shells as soon as daylight saving time begins then magically find their form again when the clocks go forward.

even as a spurs fan, i just think that wenger is one of the classiest managers in the world. hes one of a very few managers that i would want at spurs not only for the footballing side of things, but also as a person who would be an ambassador for us and represent us and our values.

no doubt he does come off a bit bitter at times when he isnt winning, but which manager doesnt?

also its ridiculous how the media have created this "wenger vs mourinho" scenario from a nothing wenger quote. if anyone has actually seen the wenger interview, its obvious that wenger wasnt trying to stir something up or being mischievous. mourinho on the other hand is just being a prick as usual when he is top. so what the media really shouldve reported was how mourinho was sinking low again with personal insults, but of course, thats not what the media do.

even tho wenger is the arsenal manager, i have far more respect for him than i do mourinho.

i understand that my views on wenger are a bit unique for a spurs fan, but i genuinely do admire him a bit.

and i didnt mean that he was an ambassador for the game. more that he would be great ambassador for us if he were to be our manager. much in the same way he is currently for arsenal, and how fergie is for manutd.

i understand that my views on wenger are a bit unique for a spurs fan, but i genuinely do admire him a bit.

and i didnt mean that he was an ambassador for the game. more that he would be great ambassador for us if he were to be our manager. much in the same way he is currently for arsenal, and how fergie is for manutd.

I think some of the football Whinger has had his sides playing is admirable and worthy of imitation, but that's where it stops. His hypocrisy, 'I deed not zee eet', defending of the indefensible and inability to work a zip on a coat are a f ucking joke.

but if you really think about it, his "hypocrisy" is no different to the 19 other manager's in the league. and imo, his overall moral standards are probably the highest.

They really are in a healthy position financially. That said they could miss out in top four this year if Ramsey doesn't return soon

Luckily they don't seem to play that Gnabry kid much

Pep Guardiola—"Wheelchair is good but nothing special. We have 100's of him in Spain. He is overhyped because he is English, that is all."

Pep Guardiola—"Wheelchair is good but nothing special. We have 100's of him in Spain. He is overhyped because he is English, that is all."

I do hope that doesnt come back to bite him.

As posted before its not the 1st leg that worries me, its the 2nd leg at home. Bayern's last 3 home games against English clubs havent gone too well.

guardiola said that there were many players in the second team like Jack Wheelchair; without being too specific as to whether he was referring to Wheelchair's style of play or ability. however, he did preface this by saying that Wheelchair was a very good player. he probably said those things, because he was a bit miffed at arsenal having robbed a win in the 1st leg of that tie despite having been outplayed for most of the match, with Wheelchair having been motm. and when the journalists kept asking him about Wheelchair, he probably was giving a little dig.

to people that think he is overhyped because he is english,

how many players in the world (let alone english) could command a starting place in a top 4 english side as a teenager in a creative midfield position? imo, Wheelchair is worth every bit of the hype

I think the best people to judge a player are the fans of a club, and if you go over to Arsemania and look at the Wheelchair thread you will see that he is not that well thought of.

I thought I saw something in Wheelchair when he broke into the Arsenal first team. He had a bit of the Roy Keane about him, good drive and always making good decisions on the pitch. But now when I watch him he seems to have lost those qualities and he looks very ordinary. Without the injuries they have he wouldn't be playing.

how many players in the world (let alone english) could command a starting place in a top 4 english side as a teenager in a creative midfield position? imo, Wheelchair is worth every bit of the hype

Let's turn that around. Forgetting the South London inbreds, how many top teams (let's say knock out stages of the CL) would put him in their midfield?

Probably none.

Let's turn that around. Forgetting the South London inbreds, how many top teams (let's say knock out stages of the CL) would put him in their midfield?

Probably none.

imo, he has a very very good chance of starting for 9/12 of the remaining ucl sides, and has a chance for starting for all of them given the right circumstances.

Bentaleb.

i'm a big fan of bentaleb, and believe that he could genuinely become a top premier league midfielder. however that is only based on a handful of games. bentaleb is 19 now, and by this stage, Wheelchair was already a key player for arsenal and becoming an important player for england too. bentaleb just isnt in the same league as Wheelchair (thats not to say, he couldnt be in the future tho).

Neymar, Wheelchair is overated. Even scum fans are saying that now on their message boards.
They see what some of us have been seeing for a while: an English player who was good but was given more praise than was necessary die to his nationality and who when tackled 9 times out of 10 falls over appealing for a foul whilst the opposition player who stole the ball off him races clear towards his goal.

If you watch the games vs Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool those teams clearly targeted him as the weak link. And when Famini isn't there he is even more exposed in that position in front of the CBs. They also target hije because of his temperament and how it leads to Atsenal losing their shape.
Perhaps his injuries have hampered him but right now, he is getting in the team because of the injuries to Walcott, Ramsay and Rosicky (who just came back), plus the absence of Flamini.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow due to a 'knock' (aka he's dropped...)

A lot of players peak in their younger years and never develop as you think they would.

I'll go out on a limb and say that Wheelchair will be playing at a team like Everton or Saudi Sportswashing Machine in a couple years.

Back