• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

well wenger changed it up today....went with two dm instead of one - 4-2-3-1.....reminded me of Benitez pool.......

not that I like praising them in any way shape or form its the cb pairing that will be mostly responsible for them achieving success...if they do which I hope they dont...they are definetly grinding out too many key results for my liking though.

He's a handful. Big strong and mobile. Looks to be lacking technically but they looked better for having someone who looks to run in behind. Giroud is turd

Liar.gif

Last edited:
Do we (as in me and my bets with Gooners) have anything to worry about??

Have to say from the highlights whilst Liverpool looked good and some very good chances, Arsenal looked good on the counter. The Ox's pace seemed to have a positive effect on Ozil and the kind of passes he could make into space. Crikey

Giroud looking a donkey for bonking that babe. Or, more accurately, getting caught bonking that babe in an extramarital tussle and breaking club rules for match day conduct.

So the Goons are apparently gonna fine him.

But, come on. Have you seen her? Yowzer. A life in pro football might earn you millions, but if you haven't given yourself a chance to tell a few stories when it's all said and done, you haven't earned anything. Clearly, he's well on the way to a colourful memoir. Good for him. Just became the least bit likable.

Do we (as in me and my bets with Gooners) have anything to worry about??

Have to say from the highlights whilst Liverpool looked good and some very good chances, Arsenal looked good on the counter. The Ox's pace seemed to have a positive effect on Ozil and the kind of passes he could make into space. Crikey

:-&

Do people think if Arsenal finish the season without a trophy again will Wenger walk?

Just wondered as I was thinking about all these managers who are being said to be potentially our next Manager (if TS isn't kept on beyond the season) if we could be competing with other clubs such as Manure and possibly Arsenal.....

Do people think if Arsenal finish the season without a trophy again will Wenger walk?

Just wondered as I was thinking about all these managers who are being said to be potentially our next Manager (if TS isn't kept on beyond the season) if we could be competing with other clubs such as Manure and possibly Arsenal.....

It all depends on circumstance doesnt it.

In the main I would say Wenger is untouchable...the board will never dispense with him....he wont walk as he will be given another amazing contract.

I dont like all this talk about picking a new manager for us....I think tim has done well enough to get a bit of support!

either way...COME ON BAYERN!!!!!

wasn't there talk of PSG wanting Wenger? Depends if he wants to stay with Arsenal or wants one last massive pay check.

I think there's more chance of wenger leaving if he does actually win a major trophy (not fa cup). i think he'll almost certainly continue either way tho.
and theres no chance of the board sacking wenger because like sir alan sugar they know that he's probably the best manager in the world (for their club and its ambitions).

I think the conditions that Wenger is judged have now changed: he spent 45M on ONE single player and that took him into the big-boy spenders league, regardless of net spend, regardless of FFP etc.

If Wenger goes 9 (NINE) years without a trophy there will literally be NO hiding place.
For several seasons now there have been statements from either the board or Wenger; saying that either the money is there or Wenger himself saying "he will be very active in the transfer window"

Even some Gooners are now saying that his ideas are now stale (in that he does that same things he did 18 years ago) and that if they fail to win a trophy again that he should step aside and let somebody with similar footballing philosophies but more modern methods should take over.

The next 3 months could be crucial to whether he stays or not. If they win a trophy he'll feel justified in continuing on and showing that the Arsenal journey has been worth it.
If they don't, I think the ridicule and the fact that he'll not be able to claim that 'little old Arsenal' are up against 'some mammoth financially-doped clubs' etc will prove too much for him to sign a new contract imo.

Of course, the board would want him to sign up no matter what; he makes them far too much ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I think they are bouncing along exactly where they want to be, they don't need to win trophies, that would only add pressure to defend them and win others. They'll milk this for as long as they can.

I think they are bouncing along exactly where they want to be, they don't need to win trophies, that would only add pressure to defend them and win others. They'll milk this for as long as they can.

Not if the fans can help it. Certainly not if we finish above (not likely this year).

Believe me Gooners are getting sick of even us being able to laugh at their trophy drought. With the money coming in buckets now (see the Puma kit deal for example, plus the very expensive tickets to watch them) their fans will put a LOT of pressure on Wenger and the board if they feel they are going through Groundhog day again

thats the thing about modern football, what does it matter what the fans think?

A few Gooners I know gave up their season tickets in the Summer: they'd had enough. If that was last season and they go again without another trophy that kind of action would likely spread..
That is the kind of fan apathy/power that WOULD worry their board

Back