• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Seems they are monitoring more overseas nationals than MI6.
I once had a friend who would constantly attempt to bat above his average and didn't mind getting a knock-back. One night at Ministry of Sound I must've seen him get knocked back by over 20 women in the first hour of us being there, still he didnt get disheartened and ploughed on regardlesss.... eventually after 30+ knock-backs he left with an absolute munter, he was still pretty happy though... just as I expect West Ham to be happy with Conner Wickham at the end of August.

I could see Mandzukic going there, but no way will Rodriguez be.

So far as the link goes to the young Marseille player, I haven't seen anything online that makes me think he's a player we need.

From Sky:

SPURS EYE MARSEILLE WINGER

Tottenham have joined the race to signMarseille wide man George-Kevin N’Koudou, according to reports in La Provence.

However, the north London club face competition for the France U21 international's signature from the likes of both Hamburg and Sevilla.

N’Koudou, 21, is expected to cost around €15m.

Heavily linked with him tonight in the french media.

l'equipe reporting that he is to join Spurs for 13M€.

And a journo from France Football says that it is 99 % done.

That Mahrez is 25 years old and has only managed to perform for 4 months at the highest level. If he was a few years younger or 20 million cheaper he might be worth a punt.

You might well be right, but I'd point out that if he does perform for another 8 months at a title-winning pace, he'll be out of the reach of the likes of us forevermore. As it is, he's probably got his eye on bigger things anyway.

That would seem like a real waste, N'Jie has never had an opportunity at an extended run in the squad.. Swapping him with an unknown quantity wouldn't make sense to me.

I would like to see a real leader at CH to play alongside Toby. I don't think Verts has the temperament for the really big games and is mentally too fragile. Someone like Fonte at Soton, who has proved a rock in their ever changing defence, and has played alongside Toby to good effect already. I think we still need some real leaders in our team to supplement our youthful potential. It showed last season when we needed cool heads, unfortunately we too often imploded. He would be the ideal steadying influence in my opinion and a good replacement for Fazio.

Think id like to see a bit more of ccv before we bought another cb. As for an upgrade on Jan? Who is out there who is better and costs below 20m? Cause i dont think we will spend north of that this summer. I dont think we can get Musacchio.

I once had a friend who would constantly attempt to bat above his average and didn't mind getting a knock-back. One night at Ministry of Sound I must've seen him get knocked back by over 20 women in the first hour of us being there, still he didnt get disheartened and ploughed on regardlesss.... eventually after 30+ knock-backs he left with an absolute munter, he was still pretty happy though... just as I expect West Ham to be happy with Conner Wickham at the end of August.
I thought that story was going to end differently. :D

I would like to see a real leader at CH to play alongside Toby. I don't think Verts has the temperament for the really big games and is mentally too fragile. Someone like Fonte at Soton, who has proved a rock in their ever changing defence, and has played alongside Toby to good effect already. I think we still need some real leaders in our team to supplement our youthful potential. It showed last season when we needed cool heads, unfortunately we too often imploded. He would be the ideal steadying influence in my opinion and a good replacement for Fazio.

Couldn't agree less. The two Dutch CBs were central (literally) to what was the best or one of the best defences last season and that was down to both of them even if Toby was more obviously the star. Verts is quieter but I don't see him being the weaker link.

We need leaders through the team and I see a spine of Hugo, Toby, Dier, Kane developing into that rather than needing to buy a 'leader'.

Back