• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Their defensive strength was to a large part based on Kante protecting the back 4. Lose him and they just have the cloggers at the back.
They've signed a defensive mid from France, Mendy is his name I think. Who knows he may be just as good or maybe better than Kante. After all no one had a scooby about Kante at the start of last season.

Kantè gone, Mahrez likely to leave. That means they will be without their most important defensive AND most important offensive player. They will be going downhill. Just a question of how far.

Sent from outer space

They've signed a defensive mid from France, Mendy is his name I think. Who knows he may be just as good or maybe better than Kante. After all no one had a scooby about Kante at the start of last season.
But with all the games they have this season, they'll lack rotation options.

But with all the games they have this season, they'll lack rotation options.
But they are about to get a 32 mill cash injection on top of what they already have to spend. I don't think they will lack numbers next season

From Sky:

SPURS EYE MARSEILLE WINGER

Tottenham have joined the race to signMarseille wide man George-Kevin N’Koudou, according to reports in La Provence.

However, the north London club face competition for the France U21 international's signature from the likes of both Hamburg and Sevilla.

N’Koudou, 21, is expected to cost around €15m.

Mahrez anyone?

Definitely, if we can manage it. Thing is, I don't see any of the other big boys looking for a player like him - Arsenal don't need another AM, United have just signed Mkhitaryan and Mourinho's stated that he wants to play 4-3-3 anyway, Chelsea have Willian and the rest of that bunch, Liverpool have enough AMs...and he probably isn't a good fit for Pep's style at City.

If it's true that he's rejected a new contract worth 80k a week, we could do worse than throw an inquiry his way. at least. We could offer him 100-120k quite easily, and I doubt anyone would complain about him becoming one of the highest paid players at the club given that, y'know, he's fresh off winning the league.

He seems like he'd be a great fit - quick with the ball at his feet, excellent first touch, proven in the league, still only 25, champion. He might cost a fee too steep for Levy to bother commencing no doubt long-drawn out negotiations for, but if we're looking for an AM as the third addition to the side, he ticks every box. Plus, if the Belgian chemistry's any indicator, Bentaleb could use the boost his countryman arriving would provide him. :p From Mahrez's perspective, though, I could see why a move to Spurs would be relatively unappealing - we can pay him more than what he rejected at Leicester, we can give him the chance to live and play in London, and we can now offer him CL football - but he could also get CL football at Leicester, and the bit of extra money we could probably offer him probably wouldn't compensate for the low likelihood of us winning anything for the time he spends here, given how cavalierly we sometimes treat cup competitions and how predictably our league performance hovers around the 70-point mark. For a 25-year old player, it's certainly not a deal-breaker (he could spend a couple of relatively lucrative years at Spurs and then move on again to a genuine superclub if he impresses), but he'd probably look to make the jump straight to whatever superclub will take him, which probably means a move abroad given (as I said) that domestic clubs don't look like they really need him.

Last edited:
And Harry had one goal in three months at the beginning of last season. What's your point?

That Mahrez is 25 years old and has only managed to perform for 4 months at the highest level. If he was a few years younger or 20 million cheaper he might be worth a punt.

Back