• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

I just think he's the player whose been most left behind by the pace the team has been progressing. By standing still he's gone from 2nd/3rd best player in the starting 11 to possibly the worst over the past 18 months.

Alli, Son and Lamela all bring tremendous energy to the AM trio, but I think our guile side (Eriksen's job) lets us down a bit

I like Pritchard, but his lack of involvement at West Brom is starting to concern me, as in theory he should be head-and-shoulders above anyone else in that squad

If you are talking about Eriksen? then you are having a laugh.

I just think he's the player whose been most left behind by the pace the team has been progressing. By standing still he's gone from 2nd/3rd best player in the starting 11 to possibly the worst over the past 18 months.

Alli, Son and Lamela all bring tremendous energy to the AM trio, but I think our guile side (Eriksen's job) lets us down a bit

I like Pritchard, but his lack of involvement at West Brom is starting to concern me, as in theory he should be head-and-shoulders above anyone else in that squad

He has often underwhelmed but to say he has become "possibly the worst over the past 18 months" is rewriting history to a ridiculous degree given some oter big underperformers...

Pritchard is playing in a side managed by Tony Pulis...nuff said....

We signed Stambouli 12 months before deciding on Dier.

Yeah and we did that because we didn't get Poch's preferred target, Schneiderlin. Stambouli being sold a year later shows how much of a failure/stop-gap he was in the end.
Just because Poch has used his coaching capabilities to 'make do' doesn't mean we shouldn't buy a striker for the reasons i mentioned - and especially the fact that we should be far more attractive to potential targets than we would have been previously.

did we ever went for zaha? he was quite the u21 prospect when man u bought him, and i thought we would've gone for him when they decided to let him go. he's hardworking, got quick feet, and pretty tough too.
He's come on a bit IMO. The last few times I have seen he's been been quite impressive actually. I thought his decision making before was poor but maybe he has turned a corner on that front.

He's come on a bit IMO. The last few times I have seen he's been been quite impressive actually. I thought his decision making before was poor but maybe he has turned a corner on that front.

Yeah, could you imagine how he'd develop under a better coach than Pardew as well?:eek:

I'd rather back Bentaleb and 2CV than parachute in a random cover player Stambouli style.

After Kane's backup, my next priority would either be an Eriksen upgrade or a Vorm upgrade.
Seeing as we would have all summer I would hope that we can do better than a random cover player such a Stambouli. As an example Witsel will probably be available this summer. My thoughts are that Carter-Vickers' development would probably be better served out on a good loan playing regular first team games. He is too good for under 21s football and the odd Carling Cup/early round FA Cup game isn't going to help develop him too much.

I think we would find it nigh on impossible to upgrade Eriksen. In fact I think he would probably be the hardest player to upgrade across the whole of our midfield.

Are you serious here? Son isn't fit to lace Eriksen's boots. Alli has been great and Lamela has been massively improved, but I would have Eriksen in the team ahead of both of them at the moment.

I also find your comment about Pritchard strange - why should he be 'head and shoulders' better than anyone in that squad? They are all proven Premier League players, whereas so far Pritchard has been successful only in the 3rd and 2nd tiers of English football.

I'm quite chilled about it. Perhaps Poch sees in Son or Njie what he saw in Dier 10 months ago.

I agree. I think we will sign a striker, and if we do I'll be happy about it. But if we don't I won't stress it either. I think Pochettino and our transfer committee has earned that level of trust.

After watching Berahino against Crystal Palace, I think having him in as well as a high quality defensive midfielder with experience could see us done for the summer bar youth prospects at varying ages. Maybe one or two outgoings.

If you are talking about Eriksen? then you are having a laugh.

Couldn't agree more with you and the others who have agreed. @gutterboy I cannot possibly see how you think Eriksen has regressed or is one of our worst players? Stats can be used to prove anything, and I challenge you to find any stat that backs up your thinking here. The fact that Poch always plays Eriksen in important games shows that Poch does not agree with you. Eriksen is one of our heartbeats of the team, part of our strong spine and, most importantly, one of the few players we have that can create something out of nothing (others being Kane and Lamela). Players like Son, N'Jie and Pritchard may be those players, but they have not shown it.

Take Eriksen out of our starting XI and we are a weaker team.

Poch's effusive recent praise of Eriksen goes beyond paying lip-service and indicates how a man who really knows about a player sees his true value.

TOTTENHAM are ready to increase their bid for £24m-rated Anderlecht star Youri Tielemans.

Spurs are in talks with the Belgians to sign the 18-year-old midfielder and have made it clear they are willing to pay £15m plus add-ons to sign him.

Tielemans is under contract until 2020 and has been scouted by a host of top clubs across Europe.

But it is interest from Spanish giants Atletico Madrid which was spurred the White Hart Lane club into action.

Both clubs watched Tielemans in Europa League action against Olympiakos last month, and the player has also impressed against Spurs in the competition.

He has also been scouted by Juventus, Chelsea and Liverpool but sources close to the player insist it is a straight fight between Spurs and Atletico for his signature.

It is understood Tottenham's bid values the player at around £20m, while Atletico have shown a willingness to go higher. But Spurs remain confident a deal can be done.

Tielemans became the youngest Belgian ever to play in the Champions League at just 16 years and 148 days old when he played for Anderlecht against Olympiakos in 2013.

He was then voted Belgium's young player of the year, and has been compared to a young Frank Lampard.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is a huge fan and believes Tielemans would be a perfect fit in a Spurs squad already bursting with youth.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...e-Youri-Tielemans-Chelsea-Liverpool-24m-rated

Sell at least three of Bentaleb, Mason, Carroll, Chadli.

Sign Tielemans and an attacker.

+1 @Jordinho

I think Bentaleb has burnt his bridges whilst Chadli, Mason and Carroll seem to look out place. Tielemans and Alli in midfield ahead of Dier would be great.

WTF!!!!! We have 3 energy players and only one clever player...

i kinda get your logic but to say he has been left behind is utter bonkers. He has stepped up to be above those players again of late. They were catching him up for the first half of the season hence why they improved and he is certainly no where near to the worst although who that is is hard to say now

People forgetting how Mason and Dier completely owned Tielemans on bonfire night.

I was very unimpressed by Tielemans in the flesh. Defour was much better.

Tielemans is not the sort of player we're short of, to be honest: Mason, Alli, Onomah, Dembele, Eriksen...all of them possess some or all of the qualities Tielemans does, and all of them can play in the positions he does.

We definitely lack a rotation option for Dier and a backup f*ckingwadawsxawdkawd striker, but we're not short in the ball-playing aspects of central midfield: although I'd say that Tielemans does pack a mean long pass from what little I know of him, Toby has obviated our need for that sort of thing by playing it out from behind our midfield. Still, if the club think that Tielemans has a higher ceiling than our existing set of options, then great, it's not like he'd be an objectively bad acquisition: he might well turn out to be a superstar. It's just that I don't see the need for him at present.

If we're looking for starlets from Anderlecht, I'd prefer his midfield partner, Leander Dendoncker: he's a defensive mid by trade who also occasionally fills in at CB, and he'd suit our needs to a tee.

Back