• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

I think some people are judging him on his worst season ever, besides I cannot blame a player for wanting to leave Chelsea

How would you rate his first season when he was out scored and out assisted by Dempsey for example???

Hazard is a good player but to me handy been consistently great to warrant a lot of the hype

I would like to see 3-4 signings of a quality that really enhances the squad and with a couple of players likely to be a first choice starter. For CM/DM I would go after Granit Xhaka from Monchengladbach. Saw a bit of him in the odd game when he was at Basel with Shaqiri and seems to have grown as a player. 39 caps at 23 yrs old for Switzerland and nearly 200 apps for Basel and Monchengladbach. Good passer of the ball and likes a tussle, he reminds me a bit of Van der Vaart a little bit in how he runs and touches the ball. Up top I guess it looks like Dembele and Berahino which would do for me although I really like the look of Batshuayi but I think he might cost a little too much. A nice young prospect as an addition anywhere in the team would be good and I would look to move on Carroll, Yedlin, Fazio and possibly Bentaleb.

How would you rate his first season when he was out scored and out assisted by Dempsey for example???

Hazard is a good player but to me handy been consistently great to warrant a lot of the hype

he scored more PL goals than Dempsey in his first season

I thought Dempsey was an excellent player by the way, a big part of our success that season, I was disappointed when he left

No. Not even good enough for Bournemouth.
Granted I've only seen a couple of matches with him playing but I thought he was a handful yesterday against swansea. Reminded me of Delle tbh. Obviously I haven't seen enough of him though but he's one to watch for me next week

Granted I've only seen a couple of matches with him playing but I thought he was a handful yesterday against swansea. Reminded me of Delle tbh. Obviously I haven't seen enough of him though but he's one to watch for me next week

He's useless. Works hard, but that's about it. Like a massively inferior Welbeck.

I would like to see 3-4 signings of a quality that really enhances the squad and with a couple of players likely to be a first choice starter. For CM/DM I would go after Granit Xhaka from Monchengladbach. Saw a bit of him in the odd game when he was at Basel with Shaqiri and seems to have grown as a player. 39 caps at 23 yrs old for Switzerland and nearly 200 apps for Basel and Monchengladbach. Good passer of the ball and likes a tussle, he reminds me a bit of Van der Vaart a little bit in how he runs and touches the ball. Up top I guess it looks like Dembele and Berahino which would do for me although I really like the look of Batshuayi but I think he might cost a little too much. A nice young prospect as an addition anywhere in the team would be good and I would look to move on Carroll, Yedlin, Fazio and possibly Bentaleb.

I would also add Chadli to the list of ones to get rid of, bringing in a top quality left forward player, I am just not a fan of Chadli and frankly would rather have siggy back.

Exactly dude, it was his first season, and he was just 21 and he still managed to score 13 goals that season, and that is 6 goals more than Mahrez scored in his first season in the championship and last season.

By the way Bedfordspurs if you want to compare Hazard's first season to Dempsey's season I suggest you be fair and compare it to his first season in this league, because if you did you would find that Dempsey did not score 13 goals in a season until his 5th season at Fulham.

Exactly dude, it was his first season, and he was just 21 and he still managed to score 13 goals that season, and that is 6 goals more than Mahrez scored in his first season in the championship and last season.

By the way Bedfordspurs if you want to compare Hazard's first season to Dempsey's season I suggest you be fair and compare it to his first season in this league, because if you did you would find that Dempsey did not score 13 goals in a season until his 5th season at Fulham.

Dempsey was playing for Fulham not a top side...

Dempsey was playing for Fulham not a top side...

Just as one should not judge 21 year old Lamela on his first season when he signs for Spurs so one should not judge 21 year old on his first season at Chelsea. But I like how you attempted to strength your case by comparing Hazard's first season in England as a 21 year old to Dempsey's best ever season in England which also hapened to be his 5th, yes I like what you did there.

I would also add Chadli to the list of ones to get rid of, bringing in a top quality left forward player, I am just not a fan of Chadli and frankly would rather have siggy back.

I think Chadli has a place in the squad, he definitely seems to be more effective as an impact player rather than a starter. I wouldn't be against signing a player who can play both left and right wing forward. personally I would take Bolasie in a heartbeat just because he would be very effective for us in the way we play and is ultra fit, pacy and dynamic. I concede he can be a bit erratic but he certainly looks threatening whenever he has the ball and runs at players despite his lack of end product at times.

I think we will look to upgrade Chadli if the right deals are available - but it won't be seen as a priority

Bolasie is garbage imo

Bolasie has been very ineffective for me this season, for the price he would cost I would rather we got someone else from abroad for a fraction of the price.

Just as one should not judge 21 year old Lamela on his first season when he signs for Spurs so one should not judge 21 year old on his first season at Chelsea. But I like how you attempted to strength your case by comparing Hazard's first season in England as a 21 year old to Dempsey's best ever season in England which also hapened to be his 5th, yes I like what you did there.

Yeah I did

Did I say anything different?

I didn't compare transfer fees, or reputation

I gave tried to give some context by saying that was their First season at decent clubs

I would be tempted to buy georginio wijnaldum from Saudi Sportswashing Machine, I think Poch could turn him into an absolute star.

Yup, another player I like. Saudi Sportswashing Machine actually have 3-4 players I would take. Wijnaldum, Perez, Mitrovic and Janmaat would all interest me if they were available.

Yup, another player I like. Saudi Sportswashing Machine actually have 3-4 players I would take. Wijnaldum, Perez, Mitrovic and Janmaat would all interest me if they were available.

They have a few good players, shows how bad the coaching has been up there that they are in the position they are in.

Believe he was player of the year in Holland before he came here and he has something like 10 league goals this year anyway, nice touch and good stamina, Poch could easily do with him what he did with Lallana. I do not think Poch could get that level of performance from Carroll or Mason.

They have a few good players, shows how bad the coaching has been up there that they are in the position they are in.

Believe he was player of the year in Holland before he came here and he has something like 10 league goals this year anyway, nice touch and good stamina, Poch could easily do with him what he did with Lallana. I do not think Poch could get that level of performance from Carroll or Mason.

Mason rarely plays his natural position behind the forward anyway but I don't think he is good enough to hold a regular place there or in the two. Wijnaldum definitely has the attributes to fit in our side with his pace and drive, same sort of thing with Bolasie in that even if they aren't the most consistent what they offer is a constant pacy and direct threat and an outball that means you can relieve pressure if you ever get pinned in.

He looks a hell of a player although not sure where he would get in but he has a lot of good things about him

I think Dempsey was better in his last season at Fulham, as good as he was for us

Back