• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

He's 30 next season and I don't think Levy will pay that sort of money for him, if he comes to Britain I'd bet on West Ham.

For a player whose style should see him through until he is 34, proven at the top and in the CL I think we'd pay £20m.
Add a bit of experience and winning mentality that will help our squad.
We look to be in a position where we only need one or two key players each summer, so £20m would see a return from football (rather than sell on)

For a player whose style should see him through until he is 34, proven at the top and in the CL I think we'd pay £20m.
Add a bit of experience and winning mentality that will help our squad.
We look to be in a position where we only need one or two key players each summer, so £20m would see a return from football (rather than sell on)

Not when our system demands a mobile CF who will cover nearly 10 miles a game in pressing and running the channels.

£20 mil for Mandzukic. Interesting. Would expect him to go for a little more than that.

Moved to Juve from Madrid for around €20m if wikipedia is to be believed.

Was never a great goalscorer. Around 30. Moving from a big club willing to sell him. £20m is at the high end I would have thought.

Not when our system demands a mobile CF who will cover nearly 10 miles a game in pressing and running the channels.

Yeah, doesn't seem like a great fit. Though he does seem a hard worker I would want someone younger, bit more mobile and perhaps someone that could slot into different positions easier than him so that we can can keep Kane being Kane up front.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino's main transfer target during the summer will be Napoli's Italy striker Lorenzo Insigne, 24.(Calciomercato.com, via Daily Express)

Manchester United are weighing up a move for Hull left-back Andrew Robertson but Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham have also been watching the 21-year-old Scotland international. (Daily Star)

[QUOTE="Rorschach, post: 791742, member: 111]

Manchester United are weighing up a move for Hull left-back Andrew Robertson but Arsenal, Emirates Marketing Project and Tottenham have also been watching the 21-year-old Scotland international. (Daily Star)[/QUOTE]

Are left backs the new right back? We already have Davies & Rose, we don't need a new left back.

Same with CMs. We are getting linked with a whole host of mediocre ones like Badelj and Tielemans, who our second string have already played off the park in the EL this season.
I wouldn't call Tielemans second rate at all. He holds in own in the centre of midfield despite being only 18 years old. Our two games against Anderlecht were pretty even overall I thought. Of all the teams we have played twice so far this season I thought Anderlecht were the closest to matching us.

Tielmans might be mediocre (average) in quality right now. But at 18 he's an undeniable talent. Perhaps even of the kind of quality we should look to bring in. Make no mistake it would take someone with supreme talent to be worth our time for the first team right now. I think Tielmans might just fit that category.

Let's hope that if this is true, that this gets sorted as soon as June 1st comes around so that he can train and play as soon as the season starts. Kane will be knackered and will need to eased into the new season imo.

That it's the Guardian reporting it makes me think it's likely true...which then begs the question: why has it been leaked out now?
I've heard this story before but for the life of me I can't remember where. Maybe I saw something on the fighting rooster forum.

I think SB would thrive here.
Hard to specifically qualify that in truth, just think he had the raw attributes , PL experience and with Poch coaching him, we would be onto a winner.

Back