• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

I think SB would thrive here.
Hard to specifically qualify that in truth, just think he had the raw attributes , PL experience and with Poch coaching him, we would be onto a winner.

I think that's the view that most of us have

He can develop players and Berahino has show the talent

Scouted Dembele from Rennes yesterday according to a poster on the fighting rooster. How hilarious would it be to have three Dembele's playing for us.

So since the end of the last window we've been linked to Berahino, Batshuayi and Ousmane Dembele.

To those who know or watch these players:
1. who would you prefer to club to sign?
2. why?

So since the end of the last window we've been linked to Berahino, Batshuayi and Ousmane Dembele.

To those who know or watch these players:
1. who would you prefer to club to sign?
2. why?

I wouldn't take any links seriously at this stage.

Particularly as we will only be looking to bring in probably 1 player (if 2CV gets properly promoted to 4th CB), we've got 7 months left to weigh our options to make sure we get the most suitable player.

Particularly as we will only be looking to bring in probably 1 player (if 2CV gets properly promoted to 4th CB), we've got 7 months left to weigh our options to make sure we get the most suitable player.

If we finish top 3 and guarantee our entry in the CL group stages i hope the club will tie up a deal for a striker ASAP a la Modric; by the time next season starts Kane will have played a lot of football for two years with barely a decent break. It would be almost obscene to be relaying on one real CF again at the start of the season. Kane deserves a break as well as back-up/competition.

If we have secured CL outright for next season there will really be no excuse for doing the usual wait until 31st August before tieing up a transfer that we often do, for good reasons.
To do it for other positions would be fine as we have decent cover, but a striker really has to be bought earlier so that we (and he) can hit the ground running when pre-season training starts etc.
If it's Batshuayi i'd also be hoping it can be done before he goes to the Euros (assuming he gets picked by Belgium) because the last thing we'd need is a bidding war post-Tournament - especially if he has a good one...

Any player that is good enough for the Champions League is probably not gonna tie up a deal early on (unless it's a deal to Real or Bayern etc).. I'm sure they would take the whole summer to weigh up any offers, considering theres a lot of possibilities for a player of that standard.
Saying that, avoiding finishing 4th is huge.. because not knowing whether you will be in the group stages until after the season starts is a nightmare.. One which we experienced before

I think we'll be looking for at least 2 players.

As a minimum I think we'll be signing a striker and another defensive midfield option. Signing the latter would allow Dier to be our 4th central defensive option and negate the need for another centre half to be signed.

As a minimum I think we'll be signing a striker and another defensive midfield option. Signing the latter would allow Dier to be our 4th central defensive option and negate the need for another centre half to be signed.

Agreed, i think a Dier replacement would have great multiple effects on the squad like you say..

did we ever went for zaha? he was quite the u21 prospect when man u bought him, and i thought we would've gone for him when they decided to let him go. he's hardworking, got quick feet, and pretty tough too.

If we finish top 3 and guarantee our entry in the CL group stages i hope the club will tie up a deal for a striker ASAP a la Modric; by the time next season starts Kane will have played a lot of football for two years with barely a decent break. It would be almost obscene to be relaying on one real CF again at the start of the season. Kane deserves a break as well as back-up/competition.

If we have secured CL outright for next season there will really be no excuse for doing the usual wait until 31st August before tieing up a transfer that we often do, for good reasons.
To do it for other positions would be fine as we have decent cover, but a striker really has to be bought earlier so that we (and he) can hit the ground running when pre-season training starts etc.
If it's Batshuayi i'd also be hoping it can be done before he goes to the Euros (assuming he gets picked by Belgium) because the last thing we'd need is a bidding war post-Tournament - especially if he has a good one...

What if we can get a vdV on deadline day (like last time we got CL) versus settling for a Crouch or Bent in July?

If it's Dembele from Fulham we opt for, it will have to happen before 1 July anyway.

I'd rather back Bentaleb and 2CV than parachute in a random cover player Stambouli style.

After Kane's backup, my next priority would either be an Eriksen upgrade or a Vorm upgrade.

What if we can get a vdV on deadline day (like last time we got CL) versus settling for a Crouch or Bent in July?

If it's Dembele from Fulham we opt for, it will have to happen before 1 July anyway.

I think we need a striker before that, but of course someone of the class of VDV on deadline would be a treat. But as i say we need a striker well before then otherwise we risk starting the season behind our many (no doubt bolsted) competitors..or having to play an exhausted Kane unnecessarily..

did we ever went for zaha? he was quite the u21 prospect when man u bought him, and i thought we would've gone for him when they decided to let him go. he's hardworking, got quick feet, and pretty tough too.

We've already got 8 AMs, most of whom are better than Zaha.

I'd rather back Bentaleb and 2CV than parachute in a random cover player Stambouli style.

After Kane's backup, my next priority would either be an Eriksen upgrade or a Vorm upgrade.

Eriksen upgrade?? Why is that a priority when we already have Pritchard who arguably is one?

I think we need a striker before that, but of course someone of the class of VDV on deadline would be a treat. But as i say we need a striker well before then otherwise we risk starting the season behind our many (no doubt bolsted) competitors..or having to play an exhausted Kane unnecessarily..

I'm quite chilled about it. Perhaps Poch sees in Son or Njie what he saw in Dier 10 months ago.

Eriksen upgrade?? Why is that a priority when we already have Pritchard who arguably is one?

I just think he's the player whose been most left behind by the pace the team has been progressing. By standing still he's gone from 2nd/3rd best player in the starting 11 to possibly the worst over the past 18 months.

Alli, Son and Lamela all bring tremendous energy to the AM trio, but I think our guile side (Eriksen's job) lets us down a bit

I like Pritchard, but his lack of involvement at West Brom is starting to concern me, as in theory he should be head-and-shoulders above anyone else in that squad

Back