• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

On the city subs and de bruyne, city didn't win because of individuals, their best player on the day wasn't that much better than our best player.
They won because of their system, pep has been there for years, his system is embedded. There's no round pegs in square holes, every player there because he's been bought for the system and then trained in the system.
We're not there yet.

On the city subs and de bruyne, city didn't win because of individuals, their best player on the day wasn't that much better than our best player.
They won because of their system, pep has been there for years, his system is embedded. There's no round pegs in square holes, every player there because he's been bought for the system and then trained in the system.
We're not there yet.

That and the fact that the sheer quality of their bench meant they were able to shuffle their pieces without an ounce of drop-off. I personaly find the fawning over DeBryunne highly aggravating; a fine player for sure, but at City, you have to go some to look brick.

That and the fact that the sheer quality of their bench meant they were able to shuffle their pieces without an ounce of drop-off. I personaly find the fawning over DeBryunne highly aggravating; a fine player for sure, but at City, you have to go some to look brick.

It's the "he's vital and city aren't the same without him" narrative whenever they have a player injured that tinkles me off.
Whether it's de bruyne, Haaland, rodri, ederson or whoever, it's not like they are replacing them with an 18 year kid or a journey man pro ffs.

An exceptional player for sure
But as you say… they don’t tend to have poor players and why would they? They have spent a £B on the team
The one I find is playing Gvardiol out of position

It's the "he's vital and city aren't the same without him" narrative whenever they have a player injured that tinkles me off.
Whether it's de bruyne, Haaland, rodri, ederson or whoever, it's not like they are replacing them with an 18 year kid or a journey man pro ffs.

...which was certainly one of the main thrusts behind my point about fish and loaves whenever his name is mentioned...

Taupedoed
Season 4 Episode 34

Ricky and Milo go it alone after Steff was blown off course. We discuss our games against Everton and Brentford and look back at the January transfer window and ask, how well did we do?

GFjfjFAXgAAOP1r.jpeg

I tuned in as usual, and was blasted with some American yacht rock 80s geetar version of "Who the f**k are Man United, Who the f**k are Man United" and assumed it was for some pun from our resident American 80s rocker but.... no... it was just glossed over.
And then you played it again at the end. My ears!

I tuned in as usual, and was blasted with some American yacht rock 80s geetar version of "Who the f**k are Man United, Who the f**k are Man United" and assumed it was for some pun from our resident American 80s rocker but.... no... it was just glossed over.
How dare you!.....put some respect on his name @AuroRaman

:)

I am not American!!!!

We Like This Minute Goals This Week
Season 4 Episode 35

Steff, Milo, and Ram take stock of the 2-1 late show against Brighton, warm to the Sarr man and beautiful Tottenham skies, crow about Cuti, herald Sonny’s return, and argue the toss over whether something can be ‘nutshelled’…we might also touch on Luke Steele’s bricky hair cut and ponder Pierre’s contribution to the world in that regard.

GGHjWOaWsAAKlnu.jpeg

We Like This Minute Goals This Week
Season 4 Episode 35

Steff, Milo, and Ram take stock of the 2-1 late show against Brighton, warm to the Sarr man and beautiful Tottenham skies, crow about Cuti, herald Sonny’s return, and argue the toss over whether something can be ‘nutshelled’…we might also touch on Luke Steele’s bricky hair cut and ponder Pierre’s contribution to the world in that regard.

View attachment 16782

In a nutshell, nice one guys.

The Romero chat was interesting. There was one moment mid-way through the first half that I’m not sure was captured on telly that looked suspiciously like Romero being ‘Romero-y’ off the ball and reverting to type - did you catch that in the stadium Ram? - and I did think ‘here we go again’. It obviously wasn’t that significant or VAR would’ve intervened, but he still seems to ‘have one in him’. That may be my bias talking and I guess you’re never going to completely un-Romero him, nor would you want to, but it concerned me a bit.

I agree he was imperious in that second half though, snapping in and getting us up the pitch. This massively helped to turn things around.

Onwards!

In a nutshell, nice one guys.

The Romero chat was interesting. There was one moment mid-way through the first half that I’m not sure was captured on telly that looked suspiciously like Romero being ‘Romero-y’ off the ball and reverting to type - did you catch that in the stadium Ram? - and I did think ‘here we go again’. It obviously wasn’t that significant or VAR would’ve intervened, but he still seems to ‘have one in him’. That may be my bias talking and I guess you’re never going to completely un-Romero him, nor would you want to, but it concerned me a bit.

I agree he was imperious in that second half though, snapping in and getting us up the pitch. This massively helped to turn things around.

Onwards!
Always great hearing from you mate...yes, Romero will never shed it, but he's doing well

Great stuff as always gents.

Using nutshell as a verb makes perfect sense to me, that's one of the beautiful things about English, you can use anything as a verb...

Interesting on the PGML (whatever the refs association is called). To me it's not a nothing story as it shows we weren't doing enough to protect Vic, because after getting clarification on the rules we chose to start putting someone there as a buffer. I'm not sure Ally Mcoist was desperate to have Everton scoring from that tactic in the 2nd half, he was just puzzled as alto why they stopped doing it as it had obviously been fruitful, every corner was chaotic and could have led to a goal. I won't have a bad word about Ally spoken, imo he's as likable a commentator as you can ever have whilst not being biased one way or another (in regards to the EPL).

Interesting chat on Bissouma as well, I'm glad Steff stepped in. When people were a bit down on him, it wasn't fans overreacting or creating drama out of nowhere. It was born from watching Yyves putting his teammates in thoroughly difficult circumstances through ridiculous actions on a couple of occasions. There's nothing to gain from absolutely laying in to a player who is doing that but also not acknowledging it isn't helpful either. Steff said he felt let down and whilst Ange seemingly isn't the type to publicly rinse his own players I can't help thinking that he and the team felt a similar way. A bit of time away was probably a good thing and he looked up for it against Brighton. He's a great option to have back but you have to be able to trust him as one of you chaps mentioned. Like with Romero, hopefully the moments of madness are consigned to the past and we'll see a bit more consistency from Bissouma to close out the season.

Back