• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

Great pod, well said Gareth, brilliantly played.

I rewatched the game, and my word did we have chance after chance after chance after chance ...

I, like Steph, started watching Spurs under Keith, but El Tel was such a showman! He had layers to his character, and his thoughts, it was exciting to watch his teams. A kind of fella I'd love to have hung around. I also remember watching an interview between Shearer and El Tel shot at his property, such a beautiful place. He'll be missed but never forgotten.

Wonder what Ange is going to cook up for Emirates Marketing Project?! Will be fascinating

No Centre Backs, No Problem
Season 4, Episode 25

Steff, Milo, and Ricky discuss our draw against City, enjoy the fruits of Angeball, ask why some pundits keep calling Ange’s tactics naïve, discuss the efforts of our depleted squad, and wax lyrical on why Deki is the absolute business right now.

GAe_g98XoAA8bEr.jpeg

So help me I liked the look of it tonight!
It's all about the footy innit? Looks like I'll order it sent to my parents house.

With Biss, Udogie then Cuti back and the lads buying more and more into Ange ball, we could turnover wet spam! It'll be a hard game, then the toons - woof! I need TP for my bunghole !!

On a serious note, I think that Madders should see that Spanish Doc Kane has been to see and sort out strengthening his ankle and foot

had the chance finally to tune in and thoroughly enjoyed the latest one chaps - you're a good mix and its weird to hear the voices of folks I've "known" on here as a name and an opinion for so many years.

I've debated starting a pod on Spurs for years, really glad you guys have done.

had the chance finally to tune in and thoroughly enjoyed the latest one chaps - you're a good mix and its weird to hear the voices of folks I've "known" on here as a name and an opinion for so many years.

I've debated starting a pod on Spurs for years, really glad you guys have done.

Thanks very much, glad you liked it.

Grin And Toonic
Season 4 Episode 26

Steff, Milo, and Gareth look back at our Richly deserved 4-1 win over Saudi Sportswashing Machine which saw the Son shine again over White Hart Lane as Angeball totally Sarrsed out howe to win this one convincingly, in the end condeming the Magpies to a Porro defeat which will surely prove a Ben-ch mark in our return to winning ways. We also discuss languid loins, broken noses, and Romero’s red mists…

GBDGpncWIAA7EEK.jpeg

Calling Sarr just 'high energy and a good presser' is a total injustice in my opinion. He has so much more to his game than that. Never go full Sky pundit @milo, thank you @thfcsteff for acknowledging his intelligence and ability to read a game, and his passing ability is vastly underrated.

Calling Sarr just 'high energy and a good presser' is a total injustice in my opinion. He has so much more to his game than that. Never go full Sky pundit @milo, thank you @thfcsteff for acknowledging his intelligence and ability to read a game, and his passing ability is vastly underrated.

I think that I was probably a little unclear it what I was saying, I was praising him but just trying to add a little context on his strengths and weaknesses. I don't think that he is just high energy and a good presser but I think that, along with reading of the game, close control and positioning is what he is best at. I think that passing is the weakest part of his game and he tends to over hit passes.

I haven't been in the mood to listen to podcasts in general for the past few months, but gave this one a spin today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks, lads! Keep up the good work. :)

I think that I was probably a little unclear it what I was saying, I was praising him but just trying to add a little context on his strengths and weaknesses. I don't think that he is just high energy and a good presser but I think that, along with reading of the game, close control and positioning is what he is best at. I think that passing is the weakest part of his game and he tends to over hit passes.
I'm still getting my head round the fact you have a voice Rog....

Seen a few examples of sloppy passing this first half against Forest, some really dangerous turnovers with attempted square cross-field balls. Fair play.

Seen a few examples of sloppy passing this first half against Forest, some really dangerous turnovers with attempted square cross-field balls. Fair play.

I don't think it is terrible more than he is a young player who makes passing mistakes. He will never be Hoddle, that's for sure, and yes, his greatest strength for me lies in his reading of the game...right now I am far more concerned about Bissouma. His attention to details at key moments is repeatedly lacking. It is costing us.

Reactions: jrh
I don't think it is terrible more than he is a young player who makes passing mistakes. He will never be Hoddle, that's for sure, and yes, his greatest strength for me lies in his reading of the game...right now I am far more concerned about Bissouma. His attention to details at key moments is repeatedly lacking. It is costing us.

Oh agree 100%. Just cutting @milo some slack as I can understand his viewpoint more after seeing those couple of big turnovers. I love Pape and thought his return was going to accelerate the return of 'old' Biss, the signs looked good after Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But yep you can't legislate for laziness or carelessness. Yves needs to have a long hard think, coz Ange won't keep him around if this keeps happening.

Oh agree 100%. Just cutting @milo some slack as I can understand his viewpoint more after seeing those couple of big turnovers. I love Pape and thought his return was going to accelerate the return of 'old' Biss, the signs looked good after Saudi Sportswashing Machine. But yep you can't legislate for laziness or carelessness. Yves needs to have a long hard think, coz Ange won't keep him around if this keeps happening.

He misplaced a few passes early in the game yesterday but settled down after that. When I've been critical of his passing, it's mainly been because a lot of his passes bobble making it harder for the player receiving the pass to control or are over hit.

I think that he is better off the ball than on it but that is ok, because that's what the more defensive 8 in Ange's system calls for.

Reactions: jrh
Back