• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory Podcast

The pod was good as usual, but please go back to the original intro/outro theme music, that had class.
Those yacht-rock guitars are absolutely awful. 80s American cheese.

And I now seem to be unable to distinguish if he has become an adjective or a verb, to make a further case for an inclusion into Urban Dictionary!

Hahahaha, I think it can be both. One can be asked 'to nutshell' a point, and equally, a point can have been 'nutshelled'...aaaaaaaand if I bothered comprehending what you'd said properly, I'd understand that you were speaking of Romero! Same answer though, I think. He is an adjective and a verb!!!!!! He is everything!!!!!!

if we did to opposing goalies what has been done to our Venom, we would be no better, it would be called 'Milo Ball'

Ange ball is Not That! and yes, PEH's centre parting, ohhh myyy.

Sarr was amazing, again

Another great episode btw lads, keep it up! From Jakarta, where today we choose our Destiny

if we did to opposing goalies what has been done to our Venom, we would be no better, it would be called 'Milo Ball'

Ange ball is Not That! and yes, PEH's centre parting, ohhh myyy.

Sarr was amazing, again

Another great episode btw lads, keep it up! From Jakarta, where today we choose our Destiny
Is Subianto good/bad?...What's the Indo vibe?

Growing Pains
Season 4 Episode 36

Steff, Gareth and Milo discuss our loss to Wolves, ask how long this has been going on and probe Sonny’s finger and Jurgen’s sack.

GGrowHqWUAA7zAs.jpeg

Great listen guys. Such a contrast between the measured and reasoned opinions you articulated with the absolute cesspit of nonsense and entitlement on social media all weekend!

Listening to you guys you'd think that building a team and squad capable of sustaining great performances and results might actually take more time than 3 weeks - shame on you ;)

Good pod, bad theme tune.
I can see why people say we need a tricky dribbler to beat a man and get into the box... but I think a tricky dribbler would find themselves faced with another defender and then another defender in Wolves' 12 man defence.
There are solutions which don't require a tricky dribbler, such as actually passing first time and moving and keeping width and 'going for it' rather than playing a safe backwards pass.
We have plenty of players that ARE sufficiently skilful to make their way into the box via 1-2s or pace or power or swerving or blundering or weight of numbers or indeed beating a man, but they all just passed the buck.
And thinking about it, if we had a tricky winger that can beat a man, the other 10 Spurs would just sit back and let them get on with it and avoid all responsibility at that point.

Good pod, bad theme tune.
I can see why people say we need a tricky dribbler to beat a man and get into the box... but I think a tricky dribbler would find themselves faced with another defender and then another defender in Wolves' 12 man defence.
There are solutions which don't require a tricky dribbler, such as actually passing first time and moving and keeping width and 'going for it' rather than playing a safe backwards pass.
We have plenty of players that ARE sufficiently skilful to make their way into the box via 1-2s or pace or power or swerving or blundering or weight of numbers or indeed beating a man, but they all just passed the buck.
And thinking about it, if we had a tricky winger that can beat a man, the other 10 Spurs would just sit back and let them get on with it and avoid all responsibility at that point.

If the tricky 1 v 1 winger draws two or three players they are creating space for Maddison or our FBs. The threat of a player who can get behind the low block would make teams change how they defend against us

The Dream Academy
Season 4 Episode 37

Milo and Steff look into the Spurs academy sides, the u21s game against Fleetwood and the U18s game at Emirates Marketing Project. We take stock of who we have in the ranks, discuss the shift in structure which has led to these exciting days, focus on the importance of academy director Simon Davies, and ponder why evaluating youth players is not anywhere close to straightforward.

GHPnsjzXAAANq4F.jpeg

Low Blockbusters
Season 4 Episode 38

Steff, Milo, and Ricky look back at the 3-1 win over Crystal Palace, learn how to break low blocks with aplomb, offer an appreciation of Timo Werner, hail the card-free Romero, and take a peek at Palace manager Oliver Glasner’s head (inside and out). Plus, did Hugo Lloris really need a carrot in his face this week? We think so…

GHzuofFXIAAm5Lk.jpeg

Heroes & Villains
Season 4 Episode 39

Steff, Milo, and Ram bask in the warm glow of a heroic thrashing of Aston Villa, pay homage to Pape Sarr’s incredible balls, celebrate Brennan Johnsons’ development and point the finger at the villainous John McGinn. There’s order, there’s chaos, and there’s laughter so come on in and join us!

GIX0sEJXoAEqnG7.jpeg

Heroes & Villains
Season 4 Episode 39

Steff, Milo, and Ram bask in the warm glow of a heroic thrashing of Aston Villa, pay homage to Pape Sarr’s incredible balls, celebrate Brennan Johnsons’ development and point the finger at the villainous John McGinn. There’s order, there’s chaos, and there’s laughter so come on in and join us!

View attachment 16871
Great pod as per guys, @milo did you have a link to that training video you mentioned? Be interested to check it out.

Great pod as per guys, @milo did you have a link to that training video you mentioned? Be interested to check it out.

Here you go. They have a few of them on the channel but this is the one I referred to on this week's pod

• Love
Reactions: jrh
Let me know what you think
Loved it, fascinating to see the drills play out in real match situations...

Think we went away from some of these patterns during our lil 'off' period, as you mentioned you could definitely see them re-emerging yesterday.

Our intense pressing is also something that seemed to come back with full force against Villa, which was another welcome return.

Loved it, fascinating to see the drills play out in real match situations...

Think we went away from some of these patterns during our lil 'off' period, as you mentioned you could definitely see them re-emerging yesterday.

Our intense pressing is also something that seemed to come back with full force against Villa, which was another welcome return.

I think that the issue over the last few months is that the build up patterns are less effective against teams that sit deep and won't be drawn on.

One of the things that I have been calling for to help against low blocks is similar patterns that we can use wide to draw defenders out and create space to help us get in behind.

The press was excellent yesterday and that's what won us the game. I thought that we were pressing well against Palace too. I think that part of people's frustrations with first halves is that part of the reason for pressing is to tire out opponents and then force mistakes. It takes a while to work, we saw that with our second yesterday

Reactions: jrh
Good pod as usual, but please Steffen, you need to stop calling the players by their Christian names. They aren't your mate. The Gooners do that sort of thing, talking about their Declan and their Eddie and their Takehiro. It grates. It's hard enough keeping up with Deki Kulu Lolo Bents without dropping in first names.

Back