• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

the one thing Im a little baffled with is that I think Ange likes to blood young players. he was not afraid to start Sarr and to some degree Veliz.

But Phillips, Dorrington, Donley, Santiago have not have even a small sniff. when we was 3 up v Bournemouth I thought it was a good time.
Donley has come on twice I think.

But we've not exactly looked solid and comfortable seeing out games, nor had a settled team full of first teamers - bringing on a kid you know you increase risk and drop off quality; that's fine when you have your best players, playing in their natural positions. At the moment, bringing on the likes of Skipp, PEH, Sessengon etc has added risk, so doing it with kids would be irresponsible.
Having to them in the squad and on the bench is blooding them. Could easily just pick less subs.

he had a good debut :)

He did. We were all excited about him. The coaching staff see a lot more than we do. They'll give players a chance when they think they are ready or sell if they don't think they'll make it. At the end of the day though their main priority is to win games.

so what do think is the plan then? we loan them all out? they are on the bench. I think they could get 10 mins here and there myself.

Young players need game time to be ready

From Dele to Skipp, Sarr, Udogie, even VDV, Bentancur, Deki all had significant senior game time. I've said it in the comparison with Gil vs. Johnson, Johnson has significantly more senior game time at the same age.

We have to loan the youngsters out, probably Veliz as well

Philips has gone to port vale. Dorrington is allegedly going to milwall. Donley has been given minutes. Hopefully they all get loans. Get experience. Then we can start seeing if they will make it or be the next phill ifil.

Edit philips gone to plymouth.
Think we will see loans for them this or at least next season.

Circumstances make it difficult to throw them on, many players missing at the same time, need for some continuity and perhaps more difficult for a youngsters to come in.

Bit I also think perhaps they're just not seen by Ange as ready yet. Perhaps need a loan first

Another great window so far for me, those moving out creates space and even more financial freedom over the next 6 months gained from it. The two coming in strengthen us. If we get something else done is exceptional, if we don't I am relaxed about it given we have numbers coming back.

Summer is going to be exciting

Another great window so far for me, those moving out creates space and even more financial freedom over the next 6 months gained from it. The two coming in strengthen us. If we get something else done is exceptional, if we don't I am relaxed about it given we have numbers coming back.

Summer is going to be exciting

It's just a moment in time, but we look crazy well organized in this window

It's just a moment in time, but we look crazy well organized in this window
makes a nice change. Early business. Players out. Some needs in. Can get to summer and just add Quality and not squad needs. Two teams to fight on all fronts I hope.

So much easier to shift players when you’re riding high. The sparkle helps even the rejects shine more.

So much easier to shift players when you’re riding high. The sparkle helps even the rejects shine more.

I'm not sure that's really happened. We've de facto renounced a fee on Lloris and Dier. Are paying Perisic to go and train in Croatia instead. And have recalled 3 players from failed loans.

So in all we've not really made/saved any money. And Devine has been the only real success story loans wise.

I'm not sure that's really happened. We've de facto renounced a fee on Lloris and Dier. Are paying Perisic to go and train in Croatia instead. And have recalled 3 players from failed loans.

So in all we've not really made/saved any money. And Devine has been the only real success story loans wise.
Maybe Rodon too? If you claim success as they may buy him...

Maybe Rodon too? If you claim success as they may buy him...

That would be an actual success if he goes permanently. It will be one of our 6 boomerang problems (players you try to throw away but keep coming back) for the summer cleared. There'll still be Ndombele, Spence, Tanganga, Regulion and Sessegnon that we'll probably have to keep loaning out till the end of their contracts.

There will be some saving and
Removing future wages from the payroll. But you can only achieve that with other. Luba willing to take our rejects. That is not a given. Our stock is higher which helps as our rejects also look better not able to get into a good side.

- We saved wages on Lloris, Dier had a loan "fee" that basically was his transfer cost, Perisic is again wages and likely insurance is paying his wages for now. There is probably £8M in there.
- Plus 3 foreign player spots off the team sheet

I've aluded to my thinking in other threads but I think this summer we need to be a little bit ruthless in terms of recruitment. We now have a very progressive coach and one whose systems maximises the quality of the existing players. The shape is clear, the intentions are clear but we are lacking a bit in terms of suitability.

I've felt for most of the season that our first 11 is quite good and can give anyone a match on its day but it lacked depth and even the first choice was lacking a bit on the forward lines. I can't say that either wing has been convincing at any point this season. Even Son has been quite poor playing out on the left, which I do think is understandable at this stage of his career.

We need to sell and move a bunch of players that don't work and some of those names are favourites and we get all the same discussions of them being able to do a job except they can't. When you get matches like yesterday you see the failings in the 2nd or choice players and we've seen these failing over the course of the last 2 and bit months. Now it's not say we must move all of these guys on in the very next window but we do need to start thinking about replacing them.

Primarily I'm thinking about the forward three. It just doesn't work. The approach for Nusa suggests that we are at looking improving the void that is lwf role. So maybe we can be sorted there in terms of a starter and some depth.

Striker is in decent position with Son primarily and whoever ends up being the rotation option there (Richie or other).

The right hand side is a big issue. Kulu too often puts in sometimeish performances, his passing hasn't been crisp enough and he's just not been directly threatening since his first 6 months. He's ultimately not cutting it as a RWF, then you have Johnson who I do think plays better on the left but on the right he's a bit of ghost. He doesn't really get involved in the match and other than moments you can forget he's really playing at times.

I do think if we want to get serious we need to be a little bit ruthless with the left and right sides as neither is providing enough.

We need to be starting with different options in the wide areas than we have been this season.

I've aluded to my thinking in other threads but I think this summer we need to be a little bit ruthless in terms of recruitment. We now have a very progressive coach and one whose systems maximises the quality of the existing players. The shape is clear, the intentions are clear but we are lacking a bit in terms of suitability.

I've felt for most of the season that our first 11 is quite good and can give anyone a match on its day but it lacked depth and even the first choice was lacking a bit on the forward lines. I can't say that either wing has been convincing at any point this season. Even Son has been quite poor playing out on the left, which I do think is understandable at this stage of his career.

We need to sell and move a bunch of players that don't work and some of those names are favourites and we get all the same discussions of them being able to do a job except they can't. When you get matches like yesterday you see the failings in the 2nd or choice players and we've seen these failing over the course of the last 2 and bit months. Now it's not say we must move all of these guys on in the very next window but we do need to start thinking about replacing them.

Primarily I'm thinking about the forward three. It just doesn't work. The approach for Nusa suggests that we are at looking improving the void that is lwf role. So maybe we can be sorted there in terms of a starter and some depth.

Striker is in decent position with Son primarily and whoever ends up being the rotation option there (Richie or other).

The right hand side is a big issue. Kulu too often puts in sometimeish performances, his passing hasn't been crisp enough and he's just not been directly threatening since his first 6 months. He's ultimately not cutting it as a RWF, then you have Johnson who I do think plays better on the left but on the right he's a bit of ghost. He doesn't really get involved in the match and other than moments you can forget he's really playing at times.

I do think if we want to get serious we need to be a little bit ruthless with the left and right sides as neither is providing enough.

We need to be starting with different options in the wide areas than we have been this season.
I think it’s hard to comment on the front 3 when we haven’t seen it all season with the right midfield behind

I’m not saying it will work but I’d revert judgement until we see son, now fit Richy and kulu in front our best midfield

I think Nusa is a one for now and tomo. Can replace son on the left which adds depth.

The issue with our front 3 currently is the cover/back ups/alternatives physically aren’t here. Having those options to change things things and re fresh during a game makes a BIG difference

At least we have a long run in now with the best 11 (Once Sarr, Bissouma and Son are back), Ange should be able to take a good look and see how we fare at full strength and what we are missing. We definitely need more front from the wings and I think Nusa could be one good piece of the puzzle.

I think it’s hard to comment on the front 3 when we haven’t seen it all season with the right midfield behind

I’m not saying it will work but I’d revert judgement until we see son, now fit Richy and kulu in front our best midfield

I think Nusa is a one for now and tomo. Can replace son on the left which adds depth.

The issue with our front 3 currently is the cover/back ups/alternatives physically aren’t here. Having those options to change things things and re fresh during a game makes a BIG difference

Yeh far too early to go in and say the front 3 don't work when in a short space we have seen, for various reasons, any and all combinations of a 3 from 4. Werner been here 2 games and Johnson a couple of months, would be sexy to suggest they are not up to it just yet

At least we have a long run in now with the best 11 (Once Sarr, Bissouma and Son are back), Ange should be able to take a good look and see how we fare at full strength and what we are missing. We definitely need more front from the wings and I think Nusa could be one good piece of the puzzle.

The wings today were missing son, Solomon and we had Gil as the other option so we may as well have had a kid
But the wings today were the right place. The issue was the midfield didn’t pass to them.

Back