• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

Yeh far too early to go in and say the front 3 don't work when in a short space we have seen, for various reasons, any and all combinations of a 3 from 4. Werner been here 2 games and Johnson a couple of months, would be sexy to suggest they are not up to it just yet
That’s my view
I’m all for adding to it
But I can’t criticise it without seeing it set up with the right support

On the squad front we need to look at the players who can’t stay fit and the ones that want to/need to leave.
There the ones to replace

That’s lo celso and sessegnon for the always injured role. And Hojberg and I think maybe Solomon one the others come back for the want to leave part

Then add in rodon, Reggie and the ones on loan.

It’s tweaks but still work to do

The wings today were missing son, Solomon and we had Gil as the other option so we may as well have had a kid
But the wings today were the right place. The issue was the midfield didn’t pass to them.

And when we did the winger had no one to cross to.
I read the comments about kulu holding onto the ball too long, sometimes he retaining possession because there's nothing on ahead of him.
Was it skipp towards the end who was sent down the right, looks up no one there and lost the ball.
Same with the timo one against walker, he had no support.
Getting the ball forward is great, but only if players are in a position to take advantage of it.

And when we did the winger had no one to cross to.
I read the comments about kulu holding onto the ball too long, sometimes he retaining possession because there's nothing on ahead of him.
Was it skipp towards the end who was sent down the right, looks up no one there and lost the ball.
Same with the timo one against walker, he had no support.
Getting the ball forward is great, but only if players are in a position to take advantage of it.
Kulu didn’t hold the ball. That was the issue. He frequently had one touch and the second was taken off him. He is much better than that.
He keeps the ball… then the support can move. It starts and ends there.
City’s players kept the ball then moved.

Kulu didn’t hold the ball. That was the issue. He frequently had one touch and the second was taken off him. He is much better than that.
He keeps the ball… then the support can move. It starts and ends there.
City’s players kept the ball then moved.

Yes, sorry not speaking about last night, I mean in general.
Kulu was poor last night, I think there are reasons for it, but he was still poor.

Kulu is class
Bentacur is class
But both cost us badly with ball retention and passing.
It meant we couldn’t build anything
But… they won’t play that badly every week and are top players

Yep, maybe wrong thread for it but was not the right day for them to both drop 2/10s. That was a bigger issue than anything the front 3 did or didn't do

Yep, maybe wrong thread for it but was not the right day for them to both drop 2/10s. That was a bigger issue than anything the front 3 did or didn't do
It was for me for sure
But I guess on the squad thread.. if we had cover that was fit and able the options could have made a difference

It was for me for sure
But I guess on the squad thread.. if we had cover that was fit and able the options could have made a difference

Yeh I think it's key to remember that given the injuries, late addition and window we haven't seen anywhere near enough of our strongest 11.

I think it’s hard to comment on the front 3 when we haven’t seen it all season with the right midfield behind

I’m not saying it will work but I’d revert judgement until we see son, now fit Richy and kulu in front our best midfield

I think Nusa is a one for now and tomo. Can replace son on the left which adds depth.

The issue with our front 3 currently is the cover/back ups/alternatives physically aren’t here. Having those options to change things things and re fresh during a game makes a BIG difference

Yeh far too early to go in and say the front 3 don't work when in a short space we have seen, for various reasons, any and all combinations of a 3 from 4. Werner been here 2 games and Johnson a couple of months, would be sexy to suggest they are not up to it just yet
When I say it's not gonna work I mean that in the sense it isn't enough to challenge for the league imo and that's the level we want to get to. The system does close the gap significantly but you need to supplement that with a quality of player to exceed what the foundation of the system presents.

We've seen enough of Kulu to know now what kind of player he is. Even with a first choice 11 I don't see him turning into a 15g 15a man. It's just not going to happen.

The left is a void, for all the options there, none are convincing to an elite level or even top level.

I don't think we should be willing to settle and make do. We don't need a player than can do a job, we need players who DO the job.

When I say it's not gonna work I mean that in the sense it isn't enough to challenge for the league imo and that's the level we want to get to. The system does close the gap significantly but you need to supplement that with a quality of player to exceed what the foundation of the system presents.

We've seen enough of Kulu to know now what kind of player he is. Even with a first choice 11 I don't see him turning into a 15g 15a man. It's just not going to happen.

The left is a void, for all the options there, none are convincing to an elite level or even top level.

I don't think we should be willing to settle and make do. We don't need a player than can do a job, we need players who DO the job.
No ones settling, people are saying we can't judge what we don't know and given Solomon Johnson and Werner are new additions and since they came haven't played with Son or realistically in any real length of time. More importantly they haven't played with our most important playmaker.

I'm all for evolving, I'm also for waiting to see exactly what we have before making snap judgements

I think they’re all upgradable with the exception of Son. If we want to emulate successful teams that won things you need a top class front three like Liverpool had in Klopp’s peak side. Obviously that is going to be bloody hard to try and copy but none of them had made the LWF or RWF position their own. Personally I think there’s a noticeable drop in quality with the attackers in our team compared to the midfield and the front three.

There's not a lot of 15 goal and 15 assist players out there.
There's not even a lot 15 goal or 15 assist players out there.

I think they’re all upgradable with the exception of Son. If we want to emulate successful teams that won things you need a top class front three like Liverpool had in Klopp’s peak side. Obviously that is going to be bloody hard to try and copy but none of them had made the LWF or RWF position their own. Personally I think there’s a noticeable drop in quality with the attackers in our team compared to the midfield and the front three.
We ain't replacing players who are 6 months in, we might get 1 to add depth and a new striker, but we are not upgrading year on year IMO.

There's not a lot of 15 goal and 15 assist players out there.
There's not even a lot 15 goal or 15 assist players out there.
Aye, but that's what it's needed, or say 10g 10a or at least 15 in one of those categories and maybe a lower tally of 8 or so in the other.

We ain't replacing players who are 6 months in, we might get 1 to add depth and a new striker, but we are not upgrading year on year IMO.

Then I think we will have to accept there is a ceiling on what we can achieve then. I’m not saying we should sell the likes of Johnson for example but if it’s clear we can sign better players then we should do that.

Indeed and nor should we ( imo), football fans of ALL clubs say we need one or two upgrades ( its the nature of the beast). The truth is we have basically a new team ( that has suffered a LOT with injurys) and we have to let Ange see if he can get the best out of them. Fans everywhere are saying we need to replace this/that player and as i say every team have fans who want that.

Indeed and nor should we ( imo), football fans of ALL clubs say we need one or two upgrades ( its the nature of the beast). The truth is we have basically a new team ( that has suffered a LOT with injurys) and we have to let Ange see if he can get the best out of them. Fans everywhere are saying we need to replace this/that player and as i say every team have fans who want that.

The forwards are the one department in the team where we haven’t been decimated with injuries other than Solomon. We’ve upgraded the CM’s and the CB’s, the one area we can upgrade on is the forwards.

Every team can be improved upon, it's a question of which ones actually make those improvements.

Arsenal challenged with a similar level (I’d argue inferior but don’t wanna sound biased). They had Martinelli there and he is a flat track bully. Jesus who doesn’t score and saka who isn’t as great as the hype but still very good
Pool won the league without a goal scoring CF
The system can cover for and allow other things to happen

Every team can be improved upon, it's a question of which ones actually make those improvements.

Of course and i posted that the other day, the point is i have never met a fan of any club who does not think/believe they only need one or two more players. Its the nature of the beast.

Back