• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Future Squad

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
Where are we? Who goes? Who stays? Here’s my thoughts…

SELL/ LET GO

Lloris, Forster, Davo, Doherty, Davies, Sess, Skipp, Kane (only because if he doesn’t sign a contract we basically have to; he won’t, we will).

Rough estimate on income from that lot - Kane 90 mill, the rest - 60 mill if lucky, I’d take 45. Total of 160 mill

KEEP FOR FIRST-TEAM/SQUAD

Romero, Spence, Royal, Dier, Lenglet, Perisic, PEH, Sarr, Bentancur, Deki, Richarlison, Sonny, Gil, Bissouma, Udogie

LEAVES US NEEDING FOR FIRST 11

A goalkeeper, a left sided CB, possibly a LB/LWB. If playing a 3 at the back, a top class CB too, a creative CM

LEAVES US NEEDING FOR THE SQUAD

Second goalkeeper, another striker, a Deki backup

Add to this the promotion of Harvey White and I think this is the sort of squad we will need. I am assuming that if we are to enter a post-Conte world, we will never allow ourselves to be heavily tethered to one or two systems again.

Thoughts?

I agree wholesale changes are required and with most of the players you have suggested, but think we would be lucky to get the fees you named. Would probably need to spend over £300m to bring in top class players with right attitude and another couple of years to build team.
Kane is a once in a sporting lifetime player he will be virtually impossible to replace for a club in our position.

I agree wholesale changes are required and with most of the players you have suggested, but think we would be lucky to get the fees you named. Would probably need to spend over £300m to bring in top class players with right attitude and another couple of years to build team.
Kane is a once in a sporting lifetime player he will be virtually impossible to replace for a club in our position.

I could see Richarlison being his replacement. Not like for like but a good striker even if not at Kane’s level. Would also explain why we spent so heavily on a player for rotation too.

SELL/ LET GO

Lloris, Forster, Davo, Doherty, Davies, Sess, Skipp, Kane (only because if he doesn’t sign a contract we basically have to; he won’t, we will).

Rough estimate on income from that lot - Kane 90 mill, the rest - 60 mill if lucky, I’d take 45. Total of 160 mill

Romero, Spence, Royal, Dier, Lenglet, Perisic, PEH, Sarr, Bentancur, Deki, Richarlison, Sonny, Gil, Bissouma, Udogie

A goalkeeper, a left sided CB, possibly a LB/LWB. If playing a 3 at the back, a top class CB too, a creative CM

Add to this the promotion of Harvey White and I think this is the sort of squad we will need. I am assuming that if we are to enter a post-Conte world, we will never allow ourselves to be heavily tethered to one or two systems again.

Thoughts?

Think your calculator is broken! "Kane 90 mill, the rest - 60 mill if lucky, I’d take 45. Total of 160 mill". £135m - £150m no based on those figures?!?

Regarding the players:

SELL/ LET GO

Skipp - I'd definitely keep

Dier - given his age, I'd sell now whilst he's worth something. Selling in a couple years' time after he's sat on the bench and then 31 won't get us much
Perisic - what position? I'm not sure he has the engine now for a wing back role; wide in a 4-2-3-1 he could possibly so another 18 mnoths though
PEH - if Bisouma recovers his Birghton form, then I'd sell PEH and sign a CM who is better on the ball such that our balance of CMs is better. Sarr, Skipp, Bisouma, PEH...very defensive bias
Sonny - which version?!? The 21/22 version or 22/23 version?!?

I think we'll sign Porro and Zaniolo in Jan and then 3/4 more in the summer and the squad will look quite different at the start of next seaon. No idea who the manager will be though

I'd sell: Rodon, Winks, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Doherty, Moura, Perisic and Lenglet (end of loan)

I think everyone else (including Reguilon) is worth re-assessing in the summer, depending what happens with the coach position.

The sell/let go list is absurd IMO, our squad management and ability to get rid of players in the last 5 years has been nothing short of amateurish and detrimental to the club.

Lloris £0
Forster £0
Sanchez £10-15m
Royal £10-15m
Doherty £0-5m
Dier £10m
Lenglet £0
Rodon £5-10m
Davies £5-10m
Sess £10-15m or loan him to Germany again in hopes he can find any sort of fudging confidence.
Winks £0
GLC £10m if we're lucky.
Ndombele £20m if we're VERY lucky.
Moura £0 we should just release him now if we get Zaniolo.
Kane £75-80m for his sake, and ours.

The amount of work needed to ship players out is what these srt of threads highlight

Ndombele, GLC, Reguilon and Rodon need dealing with before anything else. The squad list including these guys is so bloated

Good calls folks re:Ndombele, Rodon, Winksand LoCelso. I think of Moura as already gone. I forgot we had them! I clearly need a DoF :)

Agree with keeping Reggie too!

SELL/ LET GO

Thoughts?
Sell Davies, Sessegnon and Skip but keep Dier?…. Seriously?!?

I think we’ll need to keep all three of those association trained players personally but selling Dier enables us to bring in a decent overseas player.

Last edited:
Good calls folks re:Ndombele, Rodon, Winksand LoCelso. I think of Moura as already gone. I forgot we had them! I clearly need a DoF :)

Agree with keeping Reggie too!

I think he's hands down the best LB at the club (at least till we see what Udogie is made of).

Sell Davies, Sessegnon and Skip but keep Dier?…. Seriously?!?

I think we’ll need to keep,all,three of those association trained players personally but selling Dier enables us to bring in a decent overseas player.

I always forget Dier isn’t homegrown. Makes his position even more untenable than it is already.

Think I’d sell Skipp, don’t see what he’s good at.

Hojbjerg gets goals and can occasionally play a killer pass. Skipp doesn’t really excel at anything.

Skipp is still only the same age as Spence and has shown he can hold his own in a two man CM against any opponent. I think he's the best DM we've got (not seen the best of Bissouma yet), and I think his passing is as good as any of our CMs bar Bentancur (and maybe Sarr). Hojbjerg is just an all effort, minimal quality player who tends to reduce the effectiveness of all those around him.

SELL/ LET GO

Thoughts?
Shifting players is going to be the problem, no way we're going to sell 10-12 players. Nobody outside the premier league is spending money. Possibly swap deals but they tend to be hard to do.

Back