• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight to Qualify for the European Conference League 2020/21

Points dropped late by

a very dodgy pen
a one in a million shot that went in
a keeper having the game of his life against us
We was 3-0 up with ten minutes left for GHod's sake !
The keeper having the game of his life has nothing to do with us conceding at the other end .
Anyway ,there's another late one the opposition fluked in the last minute again tonight :openmouth:
Four and counting .....

Most of our difficult run out of the way and we're still in it. We need a bit more quality in midfield now that we'll play teams where we'll have more of the ball. Really difficult to get on the front foot with Sissoko kicking it into his own hands or out for a throw in.
This!

If we can stay in the fight we're in the fight.

Setbacks will come, of we needed a season without setbacks to win the league we wouldn't have a chance. If the season continues as it has now we've got a chance. But I maintain that we have to improve a bit.

You were saying?
Champions don't concede more late goals than they score , I doubt thats ever happened , we are now 2 and 4 , that's not going to win you the title unless we are the exception to the rule.
Four times now in a third of a season , we are course for conceding twelve late goals at this rate, and not late goals that don't mean anything and only dent the goal difference, all point dropping late goals and most in the last seconds of the game.
This is surely unheard of , even for teams fighting relegation.
I was talking about Liverpool's last two seasons where all I can remember is them scoring late winners , especially against us!
Still saying the same thing, Liverpool has conceded late at least twice this season and dropping points. It happens.
You leave out our late goal against them in 2018 where they dropped points. What you can remember and what has actually happened are two different things.
Personally, I prefer facts over someone's memory (including my own) of what happened.

And it still remains that the only thing that champions don't do is drop more points than their rivals.

It was a brilliant piece of skill by Sissoko! It totally bamboozled their entire midfield, and it set up a good chance.
It was the Sissoko version of the eleastico!

That said, Sissoko was nowhere near his usual self today. He looked out of energy after 10 minutes. Made me wonder if he has had or is about to get some kind of illness.
An elastissoko? A Sissokio?

Still saying the same thing, Liverpool has conceded late at least twice this season and dropping points. It happens.
You leave out our late goal against them in 2018 where they dropped points. What you can remember and what has actually happened are two different things.
Personally, I prefer facts over someone's memory (including my own) of what happened.

And it still remains that the only thing that champions don't do is drop more points than their rivals.

And it still remains that champions score more late goals than they concede and I doubt any have conceded four late goals that have cost them seven points in a third of a season.
If that isn't always the case then I stand to be corrected but I doubt it.
Let's hope we buck the trend !

And it still remains that champions score more late goals than they concede and I doubt any have conceded four late goals that have cost them seven points in a third of a season.
If that isn't always the case then I stand to be corrected but I doubt it.
Let's hope we buck the trend !
But this season is very very unique
I don’t there have been many champions with the points tally that will win it this year
And maybe the late goals are a symptom of this season
There were 4 goals scored in the last two days 85 minutes onwards

I feel like everyone (well....the media and Liverpool fans), are celebrating like Liverpool have just won the league.

There's still 25 games left, and, we've had the tougher fixtures so far.

Anything could happen. COYS!!
I guess a lot doesn’t on how we react this weekend

I feel like everyone (well....the media and Liverpool fans), are celebrating like Liverpool have just won the league.

There's still 25 games left, and, we've had the tougher fixtures so far.

Anything could happen. COYS!!

I did see a humorous exchange between two Dippers last night (assuming the response was sarcastic).

One posted "And tonight, my friends, we've won the league".

Another replied "Yeah, 3 points clear with 75 to play for. They should just give us the trophy".

It's why i get frustrated seeing us overly protective of slender leads or too cautious when playing weaker teams - one moment switching off and it can be costly.
I don’t think any fan would argue with you
We know there is more in there
But Jose does what he does for a reason

I don’t think any fan would argue with you
We know there is more in there
But Jose does what he does for a reason

Every one does things for a reason...

Sooner he gets over the West Ham game the sooner we can get on with winning the league

Back